|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "other patient" to whom Dr. Paymaster refers in Chapter 20?
(a) New York.
2. At the end of Chapter 18, which country is India at war with?
(c) The United States.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 19, which of the Khodadad Building residents has a key to Tehmul's apartment?
(b) Mrs. Pataskia.
(c) Mr. Rabadi.
(d) Miss Kutpitia.
4. Who does Gustad send to get Dr. Paymaster in Chapter 22?
(b) Ghulam Mohammed.
5. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
(a) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
(b) Hydraulic Hema.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) The manager of the cinema.
6. To what animals does Gustad compare the soldiers he sees in the train station in Chapter 18?
(d) Pack mules.
7. What painkiller does the hospital staff give Dinshawji before he dies?
8. What hits Tehmul in the head in Chapter 22?
(a) The butt of a pistol.
(b) A large stone.
(c) An apple.
(d) A brick.
9. What character is crying at the end of Chapter 13?
10. What do Gustad and Nusli carry between them as they walk to the Tower of Silence?
(a) A baton.
(b) A funeral wreath.
(c) A crate of beer.
(d) A white handkerchief.
11. How much does Gustad pay for a coolie to save his seat on the train?
(a) Twenty paise.
(b) Ten rupees.
(c) Forty rupees.
(d) Ten paise.
12. In Chapter 12, what does Gustad sell to pay Roshan's medical bills?
(a) His Mont Blanc pen.
(b) His camera.
(c) His car.
(d) His books.
13. Where does Gustad go in Chapter 15 in order to request healing for Roshan and Dinshawji?
(a) Madhiwalla Bonesetter.
(b) The Taj Mahal.
(c) Mount Mary.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
14. What does Major Bilimoria receive to treat his infection?
(c) Bandages with antibiotic ointment.
(d) Oral antibiotics.
15. What is the name of Dinshawji's nephew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Gustad a ride to Dinshawji's funeral?
2. What topic does Laurie primarily discuss with Gustad?
3. During their conversation in Chapter 14, how long does Ghulam Mohammed give Gustad to retrieve the money from the bank?
4. What does Dr. Paymaster carry during the march?
5. Where does Alamai send Dinshawji's body for the funeral?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)