|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 18, which country is India at war with?
(a) The United States.
2. According to Miss Kutpitia's newspaper in Chapter 21, who has died?
(a) J. Bilimoria.
(b) G. Mohammed.
(c) Inspector Bamji.
3. How much extra milk does Dilnavaz request of the bhaiya?
(a) A liter.
(b) Two liters.
(c) A quarter of a liter.
(d) Half of a liter.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 20, which character has high blood pressure?
(c) Mr. Rabadi.
(d) Miss Kutpitia.
5. What is the subject of the newspaper article that Dinshawji gives Gustad in Chapter 13?
(a) Major Bilimoria.
(b) Mr. Madon.
(c) Madhiwalla Bonesetter.
(d) The CIA.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 21, where are the people of Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood marching to?
(a) New Delhi.
(b) The municipal ward office.
(c) The black stone wall.
(d) The House of Cages.
7. Who gives Gustad a ride to Dinshawji's funeral?
(a) Mr. Madon.
(d) Inspector Bamji.
8. In Chapter 12, where do Gustad and Laurie go on their lunch break in order to talk?
(a) The House of Cages.
(b) Dr. Paymaster's office.
(c) The Chor Bazaar.
(d) The break room at the bank.
9. In Chapter 12, what does Gustad sell to pay Roshan's medical bills?
(a) His Mont Blanc pen.
(b) His car.
(c) His books.
(d) His camera.
10. What is the name of the American aircraft carrier mentioned in Chapter 20?
11. How much does Gustad pay for a coolie to save his seat on the train?
(a) Forty rupees.
(b) Twenty paise.
(c) Ten rupees.
(d) Ten paise.
12. In Chapter 14, who causes a disturbance at the House of Cages?
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
13. Whose window is lit up during the blackout in Chapter 20?
(b) Inspector Bamji's.
(d) Mr. Rabadi's.
14. What month is it in Chapter 18?
15. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
(a) Hydraulic Hema.
(b) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
(c) The manager of the cinema.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Dilnavaz in Part 4 of Chapter 21?
2. What does Major Bilimoria receive to treat his infection?
3. In what country is Roshan's doll made?
4. What painkiller does the hospital staff give Dinshawji before he dies?
5. How long are visitors normally allowed at the prison where Major Bilimoria is being held?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)