|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts off the lizard's tail in Chapter 19?
(a) Miss Kutpitia.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 19, which of the Khodadad Building residents has a key to Tehmul's apartment?
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
(c) Mrs. Pataskia.
(d) Mr. Rabadi.
3. Where does Gustad construct the air raid shelter in Chapter 19?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the basement of the Khodadad Building.
(d) In the branches of the neem tree in the compound.
4. Which religious figure does the sidewalk artist first draw on the stone wall?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 21, where are the people of Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood marching to?
(a) New Delhi.
(b) The black stone wall.
(c) The House of Cages.
(d) The municipal ward office.
6. What character is crying at the end of Chapter 13?
7. What type of dog does Mr. Rabadi have?
(a) A labrador retriever.
(b) An English bull terrier.
(c) A cocker spaniel.
(d) A Pomeranian.
8. What hits Tehmul in the head in Chapter 22?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A brick.
(c) The butt of a pistol.
(d) An apple.
9. According to the newspaper reports of Major Bilimoria's crime, whose voice does he imitate?
(a) Indira Gandhi's.
(b) Richard Nixon's.
(c) Tony Blair's.
(d) Mahatma Gandhi's.
10. According to Dilnavaz, what will "burn up" Gustad's blood?
(b) Overcooked soup.
(d) Hot tea.
11. What does Dr. Paymaster carry during the march?
(a) His medical bag.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A gun.
12. Who is Gustad going to meet at the House of Cages in Chapter 14?
(a) Ghulam Mohammed.
(b) Laurie Coutino.
(c) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
13. Who does Gustad see outside the Tower of Silence?
(a) Laurie Coutino.
(b) Mr. Madon.
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
14. What nickname does Gustad have for Dinshawji?
(a) "Colonel General."
(b) "Old coot."
(c) "Hound dog."
(d) "Poet laureate."
15. How much does Gustad pay for a coolie to save his seat on the train?
(a) Ten paise.
(b) Twenty paise.
(c) Forty rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Dilnavaz in Part 4 of Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of Dinshawji's nephew?
3. To what animals does Gustad compare the soldiers he sees in the train station in Chapter 18?
4. Where is Dinshawji in Chapter 15?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Gustad compare Ghulam Mohammed to?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)