|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has infuriated Mr. Rabadi in Chapter 17?
(c) Inspector Bamji.
(d) Major Bilimoria.
2. At the end of Chapter 16, what time does Gustad arrive home?
(a) 11:30 PM.
(b) 9:00 PM.
(d) 2:00 AM.
3. Who leads the group that plans to tear down the black stone wall?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
4. What nickname does Gustad have for Dinshawji?
(a) "Hound dog."
(b) "Old coot."
(c) "Poet laureate."
(d) "Colonel General."
5. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
(a) Hydraulic Hema.
(b) The manager of the cinema.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
6. What hits Tehmul in the head in Chapter 22?
(a) An apple.
(b) A brick.
(c) The butt of a pistol.
(d) A large stone.
7. Whose window is lit up during the blackout in Chapter 20?
(a) Mr. Rabadi's.
(b) Inspector Bamji's.
8. Where does Dilnavaz go in Part 1 of Chapter 19?
(a) The bank where Gustad works.
(b) The Chor Bazaar.
(c) Dr. Paymaster's office.
(d) Miss Kutpitia's apartment.
9. What is the name of Dinshawji's nephew?
10. Where does Alamai send Dinshawji's body for the funeral?
(b) St. Mary's Catholic Church.
(c) Downtown to the municipal morgue.
(d) The Tower of Silence.
11. Where is Major Bilimoria in Chapter 15?
(c) New Delhi.
12. What weapon does Hydraulic Hema wield in Chapter 22?
(a) A quarterstaff.
(b) A tread-cutting tool.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A pistol.
13. Who does Gustad send to get Dr. Paymaster in Chapter 22?
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
14. What do Gustad and Nusli carry between them as they walk to the Tower of Silence?
(a) A funeral wreath.
(b) A crate of beer.
(c) A white handkerchief.
(d) A baton.
15. Where does Gustad construct the air raid shelter in Chapter 19?
(a) In the basement of the Khodadad Building.
(b) In the branches of the neem tree in the compound.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the newspaper article that Dinshawji gives Gustad in Chapter 13?
2. What character is crying at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What does Gustad drink at the train station?
4. What topic does Laurie primarily discuss with Gustad?
5. According to Miss Kutpitia's newspaper in Chapter 21, who has died?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)