|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what time does Gustad arrive home?
(a) 11:30 PM.
(b) 2:00 AM.
(c) 9:00 PM.
2. What type of dog does Mr. Rabadi have?
(a) A labrador retriever.
(b) A cocker spaniel.
(c) A Pomeranian.
(d) An English bull terrier.
3. Who has infuriated Mr. Rabadi in Chapter 17?
(a) Major Bilimoria.
(d) Inspector Bamji.
4. In Chapter 12, where do Gustad and Laurie go on their lunch break in order to talk?
(a) The break room at the bank.
(b) The Chor Bazaar.
(c) The House of Cages.
(d) Dr. Paymaster's office.
5. What character is crying at the end of Chapter 13?
6. At the end of Chapter 18, which country is India at war with?
(b) The United States.
7. Where is Dinshawji in Chapter 15?
(a) An insane asylum.
(b) The hospital.
(c) New Delhi.
(d) The bank.
8. What does Major Bilimoria receive to treat his infection?
(b) Bandages with antibiotic ointment.
(c) Oral antibiotics.
9. To what animals does Gustad compare the soldiers he sees in the train station in Chapter 18?
(a) Pack mules.
10. What month is it in Chapter 18?
11. Where does Gustad construct the air raid shelter in Chapter 19?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the basement of the Khodadad Building.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the branches of the neem tree in the compound.
12. What is the name of the American aircraft carrier mentioned in Chapter 20?
13. In Chapter 12, what does Gustad sell to pay Roshan's medical bills?
(a) His books.
(b) His Mont Blanc pen.
(c) His car.
(d) His camera.
14. To what mystery man does Dinshawji compare Gustad in Chapter 12?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
15. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
(a) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
(b) The manager of the cinema.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) Hydraulic Hema.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the artist notes in Chapter 13, Part 1, what does someone leave in front of Saraswati?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Gustad compare Ghulam Mohammed to?
3. What season is it in Chapter 15?
4. What nickname does Gustad have for Dinshawji?
5. What is the subject of the newspaper article that Dinshawji gives Gustad in Chapter 13?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)