|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, who leaves the Noble home?
2. In Chapter 7, when does Gustad visit the Chor Bazaar?
(a) Thursday afternoon.
(b) Friday afternoon.
(c) Sunday evening.
(d) Saturday morning.
3. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
(a) Pistachio ice cream.
4. Where do the Nobles keep their medicines?
(a) Under Gustad's bed.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In a kitchen cabinet.
(d) In the sideboard.
5. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Buying coffee.
(d) Trimming the hedges.
6. What time is the end of Gustad's workday?
(a) 6:00 PM.
(b) 5:00 PM.
(c) 7:00 PM.
(d) 4:00 PM.
7. What is the name of the character whom Gustad's children call Major Uncle?
(a) Major Raymond Kutpitia.
(b) Major Bhaiya.
(c) Major Sohrab Dilnavaz.
(d) Major Jimmy Bilimoria.
8. What does Dilnavaz put in the water to disinfect it?
(b) Potassium permanganate.
(d) Hydrogen peroxide.
9. What is the name of the Nobles' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Crawford.
(b) Dr. Bonesetter.
(c) Dr. Laird.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
10. As Mr. Madon mentions in Chapter 7, how much time does Gustad take off work directly after his accident?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Fourteen weeks.
11. According to Major Bilimoria's letter in Chapter 8, whose advice should Gustad forget?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(d) Ghulam Mohammed.
12. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
13. What habit does Mr. Madon have?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Taking snuff.
(c) Drinking beer.
14. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
(a) The inclement weather.
(b) Bacteria in the water.
(c) Inadequate fiber intake.
(d) The evil eye.
15. What sport does Gustad's grandmother love?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Part 2, what time do the monsoon rains begin?
2. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
3. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
4. What does Dr. Paymaster think is making Roshan ill in Chapter 11?
5. How does Tehmul earn some money?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)