|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
2. What is the name of the character whom Gustad's children call Major Uncle?
(a) Major Sohrab Dilnavaz.
(b) Major Jimmy Bilimoria.
(c) Major Bhaiya.
(d) Major Raymond Kutpitia.
3. Where do the proceeds from the raffle go?
(a) To the victims of apartheid in South Africa.
(b) To aid the struggling Indira Gandhi regime.
(c) To the refugees from East Pakistan.
(d) To build wells for the rural villages.
4. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
5. What is Ratansa's nickname?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) Scrambled Egg.
6. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) His own retirement.
(c) Sohrab's birthday.
(d) Roshan's birthday.
7. With whom does Gustad's dinner guest share the wishbone in Chapter 3?
8. What does Dilnavaz put in the water to disinfect it?
(a) Potassium permanganate.
(d) Hydrogen peroxide.
9. Where do the Nobles keep their medicines?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under Gustad's bed.
(c) In a kitchen cabinet.
(d) In the sideboard.
10. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) The monsoon.
(b) Indira Gandhi's regime.
(c) The lack of good-tasting milk.
(d) The poor health of his son.
11. Where is Gustad sitting when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) In his grandfather's chair.
(b) In the waiting room at the doctor's office.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the desk in his office.
12. Where does Gustad buy meat, as did his father before him?
(a) House of Cages.
(b) Crawford Market.
(c) A small farm on the outskirts of the city.
(d) The village square.
13. What is Gustad waiting expectantly for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His birthday.
(b) The elections.
(c) A letter from Major Bilimoria.
(d) The birth of a grandchild.
14. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
(d) Calamine lotion.
15. In Chapter 5, who is involved in a car accident that Gustad and Dinshawji witness?
(a) The taxi driver who hit Gustad nine years earlier.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) The manager of the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Madhiwalla Bonesetter charge for his services?
2. What causes the enmity between Gustad and Mr. Rabadi?
3. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
4. How long have Gustad and Dilnavaz been married?
5. What artistic medium is the pavement artist using in Chapter 10?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)