|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the second part of the first chapter, what is Gustad waiting for?
(a) The milk.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) The news broadcast.
2. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) Indira Gandhi's regime.
(b) The lack of good-tasting milk.
(c) The monsoon.
(d) The poor health of his son.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Roshan want Gustad and Dilnavaz to do to prove they are finished fighting?
(c) Shake hands.
(d) Apologize to each other.
4. According to Ghulam Mohammed, who can Gustad leave messages with?
(a) Mr. Madon.
(b) Peerbhoy Paanwalla.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) Hydraulic Hema.
5. In Chapter 7, when does Gustad visit the Chor Bazaar?
(a) Thursday afternoon.
(b) Friday afternoon.
(c) Sunday evening.
(d) Saturday morning.
6. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
(a) High blood pressure.
(d) Gall bladder disease.
7. Where do the proceeds from the raffle go?
(a) To build wells for the rural villages.
(b) To aid the struggling Indira Gandhi regime.
(c) To the victims of apartheid in South Africa.
(d) To the refugees from East Pakistan.
8. Wait does Peerbhoy Panwalla sell?
9. What is the name of the character whom Gustad's children call Major Uncle?
(a) Major Bhaiya.
(b) Major Sohrab Dilnavaz.
(c) Major Raymond Kutpitia.
(d) Major Jimmy Bilimoria.
10. What is Gustad waiting expectantly for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The birth of a grandchild.
(b) His birthday.
(c) The elections.
(d) A letter from Major Bilimoria.
11. In Chapter 9, Part 2, what time do the monsoon rains begin?
(a) 10:00 AM.
(d) 5:00 PM.
12. What color ink is "used exclusively for inscribing greeting cards or white wedding gift envelopes"?
13. What is Ghulam Mohammed's nickname for Major Bilimoria?
(b) Bili Boy.
14. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
(a) Dr. Zhivago.
(b) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) Dr. Lord.
(d) Dr. Ananias.
15. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) Roshan's birthday.
(c) Sohrab's birthday.
(d) His own retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gustad find at the antique booth in Chapter 7?
2. With what does Gustad threaten to beat Sohrab in Chapter 4?
3. What object of Mr. Madon's does Gustad covet?
4. Who is the "referee" between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 5?
5. What time is the end of Gustad's workday?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)