|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Miss Kutpitia suggest that Dilnavaz give Tehmul to drink?
(a) Lime juice.
(d) Sugar water.
2. Which song does Roshan like Gustad to sing?
(a) The alphabet song.
(b) The chicken song.
(c) The donkey song.
(d) "Happy Birthday."
3. What object of Mr. Madon's does Gustad covet?
(a) His leather chair.
(b) His calculator.
(c) His teacup.
(d) His Mont Blanc pen.
4. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Gall bladder disease.
5. Where does Major Bilimoria take Gustad to heal after the accident?
(a) To England.
(b) To a rehabilitation center in New Delhi.
(c) To the city hospital.
(d) To Madhiwalla Bonesetter.
6. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
7. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
(b) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
(c) Indira Gandhi's political leadership.
(d) Dinshawji's daughter.
8. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
9. Who entertains the group during the lunch hour at the bank?
(b) Gandoo Raj.
(d) Laurie Coutino.
10. Where do the proceeds from the raffle go?
(a) To build wells for the rural villages.
(b) To aid the struggling Indira Gandhi regime.
(c) To the victims of apartheid in South Africa.
(d) To the refugees from East Pakistan.
11. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what is "the one constant" throughout the marriage of Gustad and Dilnavaz?
(a) A clean bedroom.
(b) A note in Gustad's lunchbox.
(c) A kiss as Gustad leaves for work.
(d) A celebration of their anniversary at their favorite restaurant.
12. What health problem does Roshan have?
13. Where does Gustad buy meat, as did his father before him?
(a) Crawford Market.
(b) House of Cages.
(c) A small farm on the outskirts of the city.
(d) The village square.
14. What does Dr. Paymaster think is making Roshan ill in Chapter 11?
(b) A virus.
(d) A food allergy.
15. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) The poor health of his son.
(b) The monsoon.
(c) Indira Gandhi's regime.
(d) The lack of good-tasting milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what play does young Sohrab direct in the Khodadad Building?
2. What type of tree lives in the courtyard of the Khodadad Building?
3. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
4. In Chapter 9, Part 2, what time do the monsoon rains begin?
5. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)