|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dilnavaz?
2. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
(a) Dr. Ananias.
(b) Dr. Zhivago.
(c) Dr. Lord.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
3. In the beginning of the second part of the first chapter, what is Gustad waiting for?
(a) The milk.
(b) The news broadcast.
(d) The newspaper.
4. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
5. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) The lack of good-tasting milk.
(b) The monsoon.
(c) The poor health of his son.
(d) Indira Gandhi's regime.
6. Who pays the water seller in Chapter 4?
(b) The taxi driver.
(d) No one.
7. What do Roshan and Darius take with them to school as a fundraiser?
(c) Candy bars.
(d) Old tires.
8. How many rupees come in Major Bilimoria's package?
(a) Ten lakh.
(b) Fifty lakh.
(c) Fifty thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
9. Where do the Nobles keep their medicines?
(a) Under Gustad's bed.
(b) In the sideboard.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In a kitchen cabinet.
10. Sohrab and Gustad think of the Indian Institute of Technology as the "home" of which sacred object?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) The Shroud of Turin.
(c) The Ark of the Covenant.
(d) The Koran.
11. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
(b) Calamine lotion.
12. What causes the enmity between Gustad and Mr. Rabadi?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) Rivalry in the workplace.
(d) Their children's athletic rivalry.
13. In what area does young Sohrab not possess any talent, as noted in Chapter 5?
(d) Studying insects.
14. What does Dilnavaz put in the water to disinfect it?
(a) Hydrogen peroxide.
(d) Potassium permanganate.
15. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
(d) Pistachio ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at the bhaiya in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
3. What is the weather like on the day of Gustad's accident?
4. Who knows Mr. Madon's first name?
5. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)