|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ghulam Mohammed's nickname for Major Bilimoria?
(c) Bili Boy.
2. What is the name of the character whom Gustad's children call Major Uncle?
(a) Major Sohrab Dilnavaz.
(b) Major Bhaiya.
(c) Major Raymond Kutpitia.
(d) Major Jimmy Bilimoria.
3. According to Major Bilimoria's letter in Chapter 8, whose advice should Gustad forget?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
4. As described in Chapter 4, what is Gustad's destination on the day he gets on the wrong bus?
(a) The municipal building.
(b) The House of Cages.
(c) Khodadad Building.
5. Where does Gustad buy meat, as did his father before him?
(a) A small farm on the outskirts of the city.
(b) The village square.
(c) Crawford Market.
(d) House of Cages.
6. Who entertains the group during the lunch hour at the bank?
(a) Gandoo Raj.
(c) Laurie Coutino.
7. What is Major Bilimoria's last gift to Gustad?
(a) A six-pack of beer.
(b) A deck of cards.
(c) A bottle of Hercules XXX rum.
(d) A pair of Birkenstock sandals.
8. What is the bhaiya selling in Chapter 1?
9. Who knows Mr. Madon's first name?
(a) No one.
(c) Mr. Madon's secretary.
10. What musical instrument does Gustad's mother play?
11. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
(a) 10,000 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(d) 1,000,000 rupees.
12. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) The lack of good-tasting milk.
(b) The monsoon.
(c) The poor health of his son.
(d) Indira Gandhi's regime.
13. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
(a) A jumprope.
(b) A copy of The Wind in the Willows.
(c) A doll.
(d) A pearl necklace.
14. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
(c) The butcher.
15. How much does Madhiwalla Bonesetter charge for his services?
(a) Ten rupees.
(b) Twenty paise.
(d) One hundred rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Kutpitia get her food?
2. Who is the Indian Tennyson of Chapter 3?
3. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
4. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
5. How long has Gustad worked for the bank?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)