|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Dilnavaz, who witnesses Gustad opening the parcel in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Rabadi.
(d) The security guard.
2. How long have Gustad and Dilnavaz been married?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Thirty-two years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. Where does Miss Kutpitia get her food?
(a) The New Delhi Co-op.
(b) The corner grocery.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The Ratan Tata Institute.
4. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
(a) Dinshawji's daughter.
(b) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
(d) Indira Gandhi's political leadership.
5. What does Gustad find at the antique booth in Chapter 7?
(a) A xylophone.
(b) A train set.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A Meccano set.
6. As Mr. Madon mentions in Chapter 7, how much time does Gustad take off work directly after his accident?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Fourteen weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
7. Which of the families in the Khodadad Building has five young children?
(a) The Pataskias.
(b) The Kutpitias.
(c) The Bilimorias.
(d) The Rabadis.
8. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
9. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
(d) Calamine lotion.
10. In Chapter 4, how many pieces of chicken are left over after dinner?
11. In Chapter 7, when does Gustad visit the Chor Bazaar?
(a) Thursday afternoon.
(b) Saturday morning.
(c) Sunday evening.
(d) Friday afternoon.
12. What is Gustad's father's profession?
(c) Carpet layer.
13. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
(b) High blood pressure.
(d) Gall bladder disease.
14. What health problem does Roshan have?
15. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Dinshawji have for his wife?
2. In Chapter 4, how much does the water seller want for two glasses of water?
3. Sohrab and Gustad think of the Indian Institute of Technology as the "home" of which sacred object?
4. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, who leaves the Noble home?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)