|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
2. What object of Mr. Madon's does Gustad covet?
(a) His calculator.
(b) His teacup.
(c) His leather chair.
(d) His Mont Blanc pen.
3. How long have Gustad and Dilnavaz been married?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Thirty-two years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, who leaves the Noble home?
5. Where does Miss Kutpitia get her food?
(a) The corner grocery.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The Ratan Tata Institute.
(d) The New Delhi Co-op.
6. Who is the Indian Tennyson of Chapter 3?
7. According to Major Bilimoria's letter in Chapter 8, whose advice should Gustad forget?
(b) Ghulam Mohammed.
(c) Indira Gandhi.
8. How many apartments does the Khodadad Building have?
9. What part of Gustad's body suffers most from his accident nine years ago?
(a) His left shoulder.
(b) His hip.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His legs.
10. Where does Major Bilimoria take Gustad to heal after the accident?
(a) To Madhiwalla Bonesetter.
(b) To the city hospital.
(c) To England.
(d) To a rehabilitation center in New Delhi.
11. How old is Dilnavaz?
12. Who is Gustad writing to at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His father.
(b) Major Bilimoria.
13. In Chapter 3, which of Gustad's friends comes for dinner?
(a) Miss Kutpitia.
(b) Major Bilimoria.
(d) The bhaiya.
14. In Chapter 4, how much does the water seller want for two glasses of water?
(a) 40 naye paise.
(b) 16 naye paise.
(c) 12 naye paise.
(d) 20 naye paise.
15. What color ink is "used exclusively for inscribing greeting cards or white wedding gift envelopes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
2. Wait does Peerbhoy Panwalla sell?
3. With what does Gustad threaten to beat Sohrab in Chapter 4?
4. How does Tehmul earn some money?
5. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)