|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bhaiya selling in Chapter 1?
2. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
(a) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
(c) Indira Gandhi's political leadership.
(d) Dinshawji's daughter.
3. What health problem does Roshan have?
4. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
5. Who catches the escaped chicken in Chapter 2?
(a) Major Bilimoria.
6. At the end of Chapter 2, what is looking in the Nobles' window?
(a) Two crows.
(b) The security guard.
(c) Three rats.
7. What is Ghulam Mohammed's nickname for Major Bilimoria?
(c) Bili Boy.
8. What artistic medium is the pavement artist using in Chapter 10?
(c) Oil paints.
(d) Chalk pastels.
9. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what is "the one constant" throughout the marriage of Gustad and Dilnavaz?
(a) A note in Gustad's lunchbox.
(b) A celebration of their anniversary at their favorite restaurant.
(c) A kiss as Gustad leaves for work.
(d) A clean bedroom.
10. Who is the Indian Tennyson of Chapter 3?
11. What habit does Mr. Madon have?
(a) Taking snuff.
(b) Drinking coffee.
(d) Drinking beer.
12. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
(a) Inadequate fiber intake.
(b) The evil eye.
(c) The inclement weather.
(d) Bacteria in the water.
13. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
14. What is the name of Mr. Rabadi's dog?
15. What color clothing does Roshan's doll wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays the water seller in Chapter 4?
2. For what book is Gustad searching in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 5, who is involved in a car accident that Gustad and Dinshawji witness?
4. In Chapter 10, which substance is NOT part of Dilnavaz's home remedy to rid Sohrab of his anger towards Gustad?
5. How old is Dilnavaz?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)