|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees come in Major Bilimoria's package?
(a) Ten lakh.
(b) Fifty lakh.
(c) Fifty thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
2. What object of Mr. Madon's does Gustad covet?
(a) His calculator.
(b) His teacup.
(c) His Mont Blanc pen.
(d) His leather chair.
3. Who helps Gustad rescue some of his father's furniture from the bailiff?
(a) The bhaiya.
(d) Miss Kutpitia.
4. In Chapter 10, which substance is NOT part of Dilnavaz's home remedy to rid Sohrab of his anger towards Gustad?
(b) Tehmul's fingernail clippings.
5. Who entertains the group during the lunch hour at the bank?
(a) Gandoo Raj.
(d) Laurie Coutino.
6. What health problem does Roshan have?
7. Which song does Roshan like Gustad to sing?
(a) The alphabet song.
(b) "Happy Birthday."
(c) The chicken song.
(d) The donkey song.
8. What is the weather like on the day of Gustad's accident?
9. What type of tree lives in the courtyard of the Khodadad Building?
10. What is Gustad waiting expectantly for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His birthday.
(b) A letter from Major Bilimoria.
(c) The birth of a grandchild.
(d) The elections.
11. How old is Sohrab?
12. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) His own retirement.
(b) Sohrab's birthday.
(c) Roshan's birthday.
13. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
14. What does Gustad use to open Major Bilimoria's parcel?
(a) A penknife.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) The sharp edge of a key.
15. Who is the "referee" between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 5?
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) Major Bilimoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ratansa's nickname?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what play does young Sohrab direct in the Khodadad Building?
3. How does Tehmul earn some money?
4. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
5. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)