|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sohrab and Gustad think of the Indian Institute of Technology as the "home" of which sacred object?
(a) The Shroud of Turin.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Ark of the Covenant.
2. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
(a) Bacteria in the water.
(b) The evil eye.
(c) Inadequate fiber intake.
(d) The inclement weather.
3. How much does Madhiwalla Bonesetter charge for his services?
(a) Ten rupees.
(c) Twenty paise.
(d) One hundred rupees.
4. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
5. In Chapter 4, how many pieces of chicken are left over after dinner?
6. What is the weather like on the day of Gustad's accident?
7. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
8. What health problem does Roshan have?
9. Who is the Indian Tennyson of Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 11, what does Roshan want Gustad and Dilnavaz to do to prove they are finished fighting?
(a) Shake hands.
(d) Apologize to each other.
11. For what book is Gustad searching in Chapter 7?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) Foxe's Book of Martyrs.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
12. Where does Gustad's chicken live?
(a) In a wicker basket.
(b) With Tehmul.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In a pen outside.
13. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
(a) A doll.
(b) A jumprope.
(c) A copy of The Wind in the Willows.
(d) A pearl necklace.
14. What causes the enmity between Gustad and Mr. Rabadi?
(a) Their children's athletic rivalry.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) Rivalry in the workplace.
15. What is Ratansa's nickname?
(b) Scrambled Egg.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
2. What object of Mr. Madon's does Gustad covet?
3. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
4. In Chapter 9, Part 3, what is filling the compound when Gustad wakes up in the morning?
5. Who yells at the bhaiya in Chapter 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)