|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which substance is NOT part of Dilnavaz's home remedy to rid Sohrab of his anger towards Gustad?
(c) Tehmul's fingernail clippings.
2. In Chapter 3, which of Gustad's friends comes for dinner?
(a) Major Bilimoria.
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) The bhaiya.
3. What part of Gustad's body suffers most from his accident nine years ago?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hip.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His left shoulder.
4. What is the name of the Nobles' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Laird.
(b) Dr. Bonesetter.
(c) Dr. Paymaster.
(d) Dr. Crawford.
5. What causes Miss Kutpitia's foot to hurt?
(a) An old sprain.
6. Where does Miss Kutpitia buy her milk?
(a) From the street vendor.
(b) From the supermarket.
(c) From the Parsi Dairy Farm.
(d) From the gas station on the corner.
7. For what book is Gustad searching in Chapter 7?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Foxe's Book of Martyrs.
8. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what play does young Sohrab direct in the Khodadad Building?
(b) King Lear.
9. How much does Madhiwalla Bonesetter charge for his services?
(b) Twenty paise.
(c) One hundred rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
10. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
11. In Chapter 9, Part 3, what is filling the compound when Gustad wakes up in the morning?
(a) Stray dogs.
12. In Chapter 7, when does Gustad visit the Chor Bazaar?
(a) Saturday morning.
(b) Sunday evening.
(c) Friday afternoon.
(d) Thursday afternoon.
13. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
(b) The butcher.
14. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
(b) Buying coffee.
(c) Trimming the hedges.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
15. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
2. What does Gustad attempt to give to Miss Kutpitia for being allowed to use her telephone?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Miss Kutpitia suggest that Dilnavaz give Tehmul to drink?
4. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
5. Who eventually succeeds in breaking up the argument between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 4?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)