|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what book is Gustad searching in Chapter 7?
(a) Foxe's Book of Martyrs.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) The Odyssey.
2. With whom does Gustad's dinner guest share the wishbone in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
4. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
5. Who knows Mr. Madon's first name?
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Madon's secretary.
6. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
(d) Calamine lotion.
7. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
(d) Pistachio ice cream.
8. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
(a) A doll.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A copy of The Wind in the Willows.
(d) A jumprope.
9. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) His own retirement.
(c) Roshan's birthday.
(d) Sohrab's birthday.
10. In the first part of Chapter 9, on what subject is Cavasji yelling out the window?
(a) The poor health of his son.
(b) Indira Gandhi's regime.
(c) The monsoon.
(d) The lack of good-tasting milk.
11. What does Dilnavaz put in the water to disinfect it?
(a) Potassium permanganate.
(b) Hydrogen peroxide.
12. Where does Gustad's chicken live?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In a pen outside.
(c) With Tehmul.
(d) In a wicker basket.
13. In Chapter 9, Part 3, what is filling the compound when Gustad wakes up in the morning?
(c) Stray dogs.
14. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
(a) Buying coffee.
(b) Trimming the hedges.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
15. How many rupees come in Major Bilimoria's package?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Ten lakh.
(c) Fifty lakh.
(d) Six thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Gustad rescue some of his father's furniture from the bailiff?
2. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
3. What type of food does Malcolm teach Gustad to buy?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, what is looking in the Nobles' window?
5. Which of the families in the Khodadad Building has five young children?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)