|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Part 3, what is filling the compound when Gustad wakes up in the morning?
(a) Stray dogs.
2. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A jumprope.
(c) A doll.
(d) A copy of The Wind in the Willows.
3. Who lights a fire outside Gustad's window at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Ghulam Mohammed.
(b) Mr. Rabadi.
(d) Inspector Bamji.
4. In Chapter 10, which substance is NOT part of Dilnavaz's home remedy to rid Sohrab of his anger towards Gustad?
(c) Tehmul's fingernail clippings.
5. Where does Miss Kutpitia buy her milk?
(a) From the gas station on the corner.
(b) From the Parsi Dairy Farm.
(c) From the supermarket.
(d) From the street vendor.
6. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(b) Sohrab's birthday.
(c) Roshan's birthday.
(d) His own retirement.
7. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
(a) 1,000,000 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 10,000 rupees.
8. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
(a) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
(b) Dinshawji's daughter.
(d) Indira Gandhi's political leadership.
9. Who pays the water seller in Chapter 4?
(a) The taxi driver.
(b) No one.
10. Who yells at the bhaiya in Chapter 1?
(c) Miss Kutpitia.
11. Who eventually succeeds in breaking up the argument between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 4?
(d) Miss Kutpitia.
12. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
(c) The butcher.
13. Where does Major Bilimoria's letter come from?
(a) New Delhi.
14. Which song does Roshan like Gustad to sing?
(a) The alphabet song.
(b) The chicken song.
(c) "Happy Birthday."
(d) The donkey song.
15. What is Major Bilimoria's last gift to Gustad?
(a) A bottle of Hercules XXX rum.
(b) A six-pack of beer.
(c) A deck of cards.
(d) A pair of Birkenstock sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
2. What is the bhaiya selling in Chapter 1?
3. What is Gustad's father's profession?
4. In Chapter 3, which of Gustad's friends comes for dinner?
5. Who is Gustad writing to at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)