|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Miss Kutpitia's foot to hurt?
(c) An old sprain.
2. What sport does Gustad's grandmother love?
3. What is Major Bilimoria's last gift to Gustad?
(a) A bottle of Hercules XXX rum.
(b) A deck of cards.
(c) A six-pack of beer.
(d) A pair of Birkenstock sandals.
4. As described in Chapter 4, what is Gustad's destination on the day he gets on the wrong bus?
(a) Khodadad Building.
(c) The House of Cages.
(d) The municipal building.
5. According to Major Bilimoria's letter in Chapter 8, whose advice should Gustad forget?
(b) Ghulam Mohammed.
(d) Indira Gandhi.
6. Who does Dinshawji flirt with?
(a) Laurie Cotino.
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) Mr. Madon's daughter.
7. What is the oldest business in Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood?
(a) House of Cages.
(b) The pharmacist.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The cinema.
8. How long has Gustad worked for the bank?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty-four years.
9. How does Tehmul earn some money?
(a) By catching rats and taking them to the pest control office.
(b) By shining shoes.
(c) By selling newspapers.
(d) By writing letters for people who cannot read.
10. In addition to Dilnavaz, who witnesses Gustad opening the parcel in Chapter 8?
(b) The security guard.
(c) Mr. Rabadi.
11. For what book is Gustad searching in Chapter 7?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) Foxe's Book of Martyrs.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
12. At the end of Chapter 2, what is looking in the Nobles' window?
(a) Two crows.
(c) The security guard.
(d) Three rats.
13. What is the bhaiya selling in Chapter 1?
14. Where does Major Bilimoria's letter come from?
(a) New Delhi.
15. What does Miss Kutpitia suggest to rid Sohrab of his anger?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many apartments does the Khodadad Building have?
2. What nickname does Dinshawji have for his wife?
3. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
4. What do Roshan and Darius take with them to school as a fundraiser?
5. Sohrab and Gustad think of the Indian Institute of Technology as the "home" of which sacred object?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)