|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Nobles' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Laird.
(b) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) Dr. Crawford.
(d) Dr. Bonesetter.
2. What habit does Mr. Madon have?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Drinking beer.
(d) Taking snuff.
3. Who pays the water seller in Chapter 4?
(a) No one.
(b) The taxi driver.
4. What does Dr. Paymaster think is making Roshan ill in Chapter 11?
(a) A food allergy.
(b) A virus.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Miss Kutpitia suggest that Dilnavaz give Tehmul to drink?
(a) Sugar water.
(c) Lime juice.
6. As Mr. Madon mentions in Chapter 7, how much time does Gustad take off work directly after his accident?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Fourteen weeks.
(d) Six months.
7. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
8. Who knows Mr. Madon's first name?
(a) Mr. Madon's secretary.
(b) No one.
9. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
(a) Dr. Lord.
(b) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) Dr. Zhivago.
(d) Dr. Ananias.
10. What musical instrument does Gustad's mother play?
11. In addition to Dilnavaz, who witnesses Gustad opening the parcel in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Rabadi.
(c) The security guard.
12. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
13. In Chapter 11, what does Dr. Paymaster say the doll needs?
(a) A cookie.
(b) An antibiotic.
(c) A college education.
(d) A husband.
14. Where does Gustad's chicken live?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In a wicker basket.
(c) In a pen outside.
(d) With Tehmul.
15. What does Gustad attempt to give to Miss Kutpitia for being allowed to use her telephone?
(a) A homemade cookie.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A rose.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health problem does Roshan have?
2. What does Dilnavaz put in the water to disinfect it?
3. According to Ghulam Mohammed, who can Gustad leave messages with?
4. What is Major Bilimoria's last gift to Gustad?
5. Who entertains the group during the lunch hour at the bank?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)