|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who is involved in a car accident that Gustad and Dinshawji witness?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(b) The manager of the bank.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The taxi driver who hit Gustad nine years earlier.
2. Who eventually succeeds in breaking up the argument between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 4?
(a) Miss Kutpitia.
3. What habit does Mr. Madon have?
(a) Taking snuff.
(b) Drinking coffee.
(c) Drinking beer.
4. What is the purported cause of Mrs. Pataskia's ill temper?
(c) Gall bladder disease.
(d) High blood pressure.
5. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
(b) Dinshawji's daughter.
(c) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
(d) Indira Gandhi's political leadership.
6. What type of car does Inspector Bamji drive?
7. How many floors does the Khodadad Building have?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Dr. Paymaster say the doll needs?
(a) A husband.
(b) A cookie.
(c) An antibiotic.
(d) A college education.
9. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what is "the one constant" throughout the marriage of Gustad and Dilnavaz?
(a) A kiss as Gustad leaves for work.
(b) A clean bedroom.
(c) A celebration of their anniversary at their favorite restaurant.
(d) A note in Gustad's lunchbox.
10. What is Gustad waiting expectantly for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His birthday.
(b) The elections.
(c) A letter from Major Bilimoria.
(d) The birth of a grandchild.
11. What time is the end of Gustad's workday?
(a) 7:00 PM.
(b) 5:00 PM.
(c) 6:00 PM.
(d) 4:00 PM.
12. How long has Gustad worked for the bank?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Thirty years.
13. Where does Gustad's chicken live?
(a) In a pen outside.
(b) In a wicker basket.
(c) With Tehmul.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. According to Miss Kutpitia, what is causing Roshan's illness?
(a) Bacteria in the water.
(b) The inclement weather.
(c) The evil eye.
(d) Inadequate fiber intake.
15. Who kills the chicken?
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) The butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Miss Kutpitia of her nephew?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what play does young Sohrab direct in the Khodadad Building?
3. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
4. Who pays the water seller in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)