|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) His own retirement.
(b) Sohrab's birthday.
(c) Roshan's birthday.
2. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(b) Dr. Ananias.
(c) Dr. Zhivago.
(d) Dr. Lord.
3. In Chapter 4, how much does the water seller want for two glasses of water?
(a) 16 naye paise.
(b) 20 naye paise.
(c) 40 naye paise.
(d) 12 naye paise.
4. What do Roshan and Darius take with them to school as a fundraiser?
(a) Candy bars.
(c) Old tires.
5. How many rupees come in Major Bilimoria's package?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Fifty lakh.
(c) Ten lakh.
(d) Six thousand.
6. Where does Major Bilimoria take Gustad to heal after the accident?
(a) To a rehabilitation center in New Delhi.
(b) To the city hospital.
(c) To Madhiwalla Bonesetter.
(d) To England.
7. How does Tehmul earn some money?
(a) By writing letters for people who cannot read.
(b) By shining shoes.
(c) By selling newspapers.
(d) By catching rats and taking them to the pest control office.
8. Who helps Gustad rescue some of his father's furniture from the bailiff?
(a) The bhaiya.
(b) Miss Kutpitia.
9. How long have Gustad and Dilnavaz been married?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Thirty-two years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what play does young Sohrab direct in the Khodadad Building?
(c) King Lear.
11. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
(a) Trimming the hedges.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Buying coffee.
12. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
(d) Calamine lotion.
13. In Chapter 7, when does Gustad visit the Chor Bazaar?
(a) Thursday afternoon.
(b) Sunday evening.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Friday afternoon.
14. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
15. At the end of Chapter 2, what is looking in the Nobles' window?
(a) The security guard.
(c) Two crows.
(d) Three rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Major Bilimoria's letter in Chapter 8, whose advice should Gustad forget?
2. What is Major Bilimoria's last gift to Gustad?
3. Who yells at the bhaiya in Chapter 1?
4. Where do the Nobles keep their medicines?
5. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)