|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sniffing the crak'an dung in chapter thirty-two what can Nob'cobi tell Ben and Harry?
2. In chapter thirty-one, why is it explained that Linda and Jason are pushing themselves to move so fast?
3. When the drums begin to sound in chapter twenty-four what does Ben find odd?
4. Why does Harry tell Ashley that he and Michaelson are safe in chapter twenty-six when he explains that Ashley and Ben are still to die?
5. What obstacle do Linda, Jason and Blakely find in chapter twenty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mo'amba explain that the newcomers are to blame for the death of the fungi?
2. Describe what Khalid tells Linda in chapter thirty-two when he stops to reset the time on Jason's counter.
3. Describe what the hunters bring back with the dead body and what they tell Harry.
4. Describe the conversation that Jason and Linda have in chapter thirty-one.
5. What happens between Ben and Nob'cobi when the trip is first starting out in chapter thirty-one?
6. What does Sin'jari open the arguments with in chapter twenty-seven when he begins speaking against Ashley and Ben?
7. What happens after Khalid finds Linda, Blakely and Jason in chapter twenty-five?
8. Describe the dream that Khalid has after taking Linda's anti-anxiety pills.
9. When Ben and Ashley arrive at Alpha Base in chapter thirty-seven what does Harry explain happened?
10. What does Ben explain to Ashley about the other five caves that they did not go into after the ceremony is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Is the conservation that is seen with the mimi'swee understandable and believable to the reader? Explain.
2) How does the society of the mimi'swee compare to today's society?
3) Explain the reason for these vast or minimal differences.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Ashley had emotional issues from her past that kept her from committing to Ben. Linda had phobias that she felt controlled her life. Which of these would you feel would hold a person back more? Explain your answer.
2) Do you think it was realistic that Ashley and Ben were allowed to stay with the mimi'swee rather than be ushered out by the military? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the abilities that heri'huti had would be considered worth money and exploited? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Which of the scenes in the story caught your attention the most and stuck with you throughout the story? Why do you think this scene was the one that got your attention?
2) Do you think that blood or violence is a more attention grabbing in literature? Why?
3) How would this story have changed had there been no scenes of blood or violence or explanation of the carnage seen? Would it have diminished the story line? Explain.
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)