|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Harry say that the three hunters are telling when Ben's group stops to rest in chapter thirty-one?
2. What English word does the old mimi'swee say to Ashley and Ben in chapter twenty-four?
3. What does Mo'amba tell Ben about his mission in chapter thirty?
4. What does Mo'amba say when he first stands to speak on Ashley and Ben's behalf in chapter twenty-seven?
5. What does Harry say when Jason says that Khalid said the bomb would go off if you took the belt off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Michaelson after he falls asleep in the hole in chapter twenty-two?
2. Describe what Khalid tells Linda in chapter thirty-two when he stops to reset the time on Jason's counter.
3. Describe the conversation that Jason and Linda have in chapter thirty-one.
4. What does Ben find when he first reaches Blakely's office in chapter thirty-three?
5. What does Sin'jari open the arguments with in chapter twenty-seven when he begins speaking against Ashley and Ben?
6. Describe the events that surround Mo'amba's death.
7. Describe the scene in chapter twenty-seven when a child is brought forth in the council meeting?
8. In chapter thirty-three what things does Linda realize while helping Khalid?
9. Describe what the hunters bring back with the dead body and what they tell Harry.
10. How does Mo'amba explain that the newcomers are to blame for the death of the fungi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Could the story have been told from only one person's point of view? Why?
2) What other ways could the author have imparted information to the reader rather than switching point of views periodically throughout the book?
3) Do you feel that the author was confusing with his point of view switching so often? At what point does it become overwhelming for a reader to switch point of views?
Essay Topic 2
1) Based on what is seen in the story speculate on how the mimi'swee culture differs from our culture.
2) Does it seem important to the reader that with the exception of the female at the council hearing with the egg, there are no women of the mimi'swee that are closely examined or spoken to? Speculate on the reasons that this is true.
3) Is their a point in our history when our culture would have mirrored the mimi'swee's? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) How do you think that Ben viewed Mo'amba? Do you think that he viewed Mo'amba differently because he saw him as his grandfather the first few times they met in the dream state? Why or why not?
2) How did Harry view Nob'cobi? Did it change your opinion of how seriously Harry took their relationship when Harry was seen crying over Nob'cobi's body? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that Ashley viewed the mimi'swee any less seriously than Ben and Harry even though she did not have a personal relationship with any of them the way that Ben and Harry did? Explain.
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)