|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashley say when Michaelson asks if Mo'amba is going to be alright?
2. What does Harry tell Michaelson about using nontraditional weapons to kill the crak'an?
3. What does Nob'cobi tell Ben in chapter thirty-three in regards to Ben's bleeding leg?
4. What does Khalid do to further teach Linda obedience?
5. What surprises Mo'amba about the child in the ceremony in chapter twenty-seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the hunters bring back with the dead body and what they tell Harry.
2. In chapter thirty-three what things does Linda realize while helping Khalid?
3. Describe the communication that Mo'amba and Ben have in the cave in chapter twenty-four?
4. How does Linda get Blakely and Jason away from Khalid?
5. Describe the conversation that Jason and Linda have in chapter thirty-one.
6. Describe the scene in chapter twenty-seven when a child is brought forth in the council meeting?
7. In chapter thirty what does Mo'amba tell Ben about his mission?
8. What happens after Khalid finds Linda, Blakely and Jason in chapter twenty-five?
9. What happens between Ben and Nob'cobi when the trip is first starting out in chapter thirty-one?
10. What happens in chapter thirty-seven when Khalid and Linda walk near Blakely's office.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What do you think that Khalid had planned for Linda?
2) Why was Khalid so nice to Linda when they first started out, such as when he was able to pull her through the crack when they were following Halloway?
3) Was there any part of Khalid that truly was kind or humane? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
1) Did the fact that Khalid chose to take diamonds from the caves, despite his employer's wish, make you believe his convictions less when he spoke of destroying the caves in order to save his country's economy? Why or why not?
2) Speculate on what effect the cavern would have had on the world.
3) If you could find a cavern with either a lost civilization or diamonds in it which would you chose and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Did the crak'an create the effect that the author was going for in your opinion? Why or why not?
2) What 'monster' from literature did you feel was the best monster. Please explain your choice.
3) What is necessary for a writer to create a good monster for his work?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)