|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michaelson say about Ben's file in chapter five?
2. What does Flattery tell Blakely in chapter nine when Blakely tells him again that they are properly armed?
3. In the beginning of chapter twelve, what does Ben find?
4. What does Linda find in the water in chapter eleven?
5. What does Blakely find when he hauls up the line that held the anchor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ashley find when she arrives at the dig site in chapter eight?
2. Describe the discussion that Michaelson and Ashley have in chapter five.
3. Describe the cavern that the group finds to hide in in chapter seventeen.
4. What does Khalid do in chapter seven after everyone has gone to bed?
5. Describe the conversation that Flattery and Blakely have in chapter nine when they are discussing how the team will be able to keep in contact with the new circuit boards.
6. What does Khalid reveal while he is talking to Ashley, Linda, and Ben in chapter four?
7. What do Ben, Michaelson, and Ashley find when they are at the top of the wall that they scale in chapter eighteen?
8. In chapter seven what does Ashley tell Jason about what he can expect to do while at the main base camp while she is gone.
9. Describe what happens in chapter twenty when Jason and Blakely are withing earshot of Linda and Khalid.
10. What happens in chapter twelve when Ashley sends Halloway to get Michaelson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Could the story have been told from only one person's point of view? Why?
2) What other ways could the author have imparted information to the reader rather than switching point of views periodically throughout the book?
3) Do you feel that the author was confusing with his point of view switching so often? At what point does it become overwhelming for a reader to switch point of views?
Essay Topic 2
1) Mo'amba talks about how differently the humans look compared to the mimi'swee. Does it seem surprising to you that the mimi'swee were as willing to accept the humans as they were? Explain.
2) What various types of cultural differences are seen today that cause difficulty in acceptance?
3) What other differences cause difficulty in acceptance? How do these compare to the mimi'swee's acceptance of the humans?
Essay Topic 3
1) Which of the scenes in the story caught your attention the most and stuck with you throughout the story? Why do you think this scene was the one that got your attention?
2) Do you think that blood or violence is a more attention grabbing in literature? Why?
3) How would this story have changed had there been no scenes of blood or violence or explanation of the carnage seen? Would it have diminished the story line? Explain.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)