|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashley tell Major Michaelson that she wants clear in chapter four?
2. What does Ashley answer when Ben asks her "Do you trust him?" in chapter three?
3. What does the drawing look like that Ashley and Ben discover in the cave in chapter eight?
4. What does Blakely tell Jason he needs after collapsing on the floor in chapter twenty?
5. What is Ben able to deduct about Linda and she confirms in chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens in chapter seventeen when Linda wakes up with a headache.
2. Describe the discussion that Michaelson and Ashley have in chapter five.
3. Explain the confrontation that Ben has with Linda in chapter seven.
4. When the group stops to camp for the first night in chapter eleven what happens?
5. Describe what Linda deduces after looking at the body of one of the monsters in chapter fifteen?
6. Describe what happens in chapter twenty when Jason and Blakely are withing earshot of Linda and Khalid.
7. Describe the group's reaction in chapter ten when they discover that there was a team that went ahead of them that has not returned?
8. When they get across the river and find blood explain what Ashley and Villanueva discuss about Halloway coming across the river.
9. Explain what happens in chapter thirteen after the group gets through the small crevice while following Halloway's trail.
10. Explain the dream that Ben has while sleeping in the cave in chapter seventeen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Did the fact that Khalid chose to take diamonds from the caves, despite his employer's wish, make you believe his convictions less when he spoke of destroying the caves in order to save his country's economy? Why or why not?
2) Speculate on what effect the cavern would have had on the world.
3) If you could find a cavern with either a lost civilization or diamonds in it which would you chose and why?
Essay Topic 2
1) There are arguably several leaders seen in the story. Which of the characters have a leader role of some type?
2) What characteristics are necessary in a good leader? Do you feel that these characters have these traits?
3) What character flaws prohibit a person from being a good leader.
Essay Topic 3
1) Growth is often seen in a story in reference to the individual characters. Which character do you feel underwent the greatest change during Subterfuge? Explain why.
2) Which character do you feel underwent the least change?
3) Compare these two characters and speculate on what prompted so much or so little change in them?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)