|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the drums begin to sound in chapter twenty-four what does Ben find odd?
(a) That the drums sound so far away.
(b) That all of the mimi'swee have left.
(c) That he is calm.
(d) That Ashley is so calm.
2. What does Harry tell Michaelson when he first calls what Harry calls his 'friends' in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Don't shoot.
(b) Don't stare.
(c) Bow low.
(d) Don't offer them your hand.
3. What does Mo'amba tell Ben that a heri'huti is?
(a) A member of the Aboriginal tribe.
(b) A leader.
(c) Someone that can see the future.
(d) Someone that can connect on the dream plane.
4. What does Khalid do to further teach Linda obedience?
(a) Shoots her in the hand.
(b) Takes her clothing.
(c) Puts a bomb on Jason.
(d) Beats her.
5. In chapter thirty, why does Ashley not tell Ben to not give up on her when he tells her that he wants to be something more than sweet to her?
(a) She is still in love with her ex-husband.
(b) She doesn't love him.
(c) She knows she will die if Jason is hurt.
(d) She doesn't feel it is fair to Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashley say when Tru'gula offers to help her escape?
2. Why does Mo'amba explain that Ben is able to talk to Nob'cobi through thought even though he has never done anything like that before in chapter thirty-one?
3. Why does Sandy tell Ben she didn't evacuate with the others?
4. What do Linda, Khalid, and Jason find in chapter thirty-one that first indicates that they are near the main base?
5. Why does Sin'jari say that he has learned his enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ben reaches the secret passage to go back to the mimi'swee village in chapter thirty-five?
2. What happens after Khalid finds Linda, Blakely and Jason in chapter twenty-five?
3. Describe Mo'amba's argument on the behalf of Ashley and Ben in chapter twenty-seven.
4. In chapter twenty-six, what do Mo'amba and Ben discuss when they connect in Ben's dream?
5. How does Linda get Blakely and Jason away from Khalid?
6. Describe what the hunters bring back with the dead body and what they tell Harry.
7. What does Ben explain to Ashley about the other five caves that they did not go into after the ceremony is over?
8. Describe the last communication that Mo'amba has with Ben in chapter thirty-four?
9. What does Ben find when he first reaches Blakely's office in chapter thirty-three?
10. How does Mo'amba explain that the newcomers are to blame for the death of the fungi?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)