|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashley and Ben's guide do after defecating beside the trail in chapter twenty-one?
(a) Puts it into his pouch.
(b) Smears it into the dirt.
(c) Puts a pile of leaves over it.
(d) Picks it up and throws it into the river.
2. What does Khalid do to further teach Linda obedience?
(a) Puts a bomb on Jason.
(b) Shoots her in the hand.
(c) Takes her clothing.
(d) Beats her.
3. What does Ashley say when Tru'gula offers to help her escape?
(c) We cannot abandon your people.
(d) Help us hide.
4. What does Michaelson say when he comes to see Ashley in her cell in chapter thirty-four?
(a) They have tied him up.
(b) They took his guns.
(c) They have put him under guard.
(d) The hunters have gathered around to protect Michaelson.
5. What does Sandy say about the reinforcements that came down the elevator when the radio equipment went out?
(a) She is babbling incoherently.
(b) The reinforcements fought for a short time and made it to the other side of the cave.
(c) She isn't sure there were any.
(d) The elevators drew the animals in and no one else has tried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mo'amba want Ben to do as he explains it in chapter twenty-four?
2. What does Khalid tell Linda to do in order to let Jason live?
3. What concerns Ben when he and Ashley are on their way back up to the main base?
4. What had Jason not thought about happening in chapter thirty-three when he is trying to find a way to get Ben's attention?
5. Why does Mo'amba explain that Ben is able to talk to Nob'cobi through thought even though he has never done anything like that before in chapter thirty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Ben and Ashley as he is leaving.
2. What does Sin'jari open the arguments with in chapter twenty-seven when he begins speaking against Ashley and Ben?
3. Describe Mo'amba's argument on the behalf of Ashley and Ben in chapter twenty-seven.
4. What happens in chapter thirty-seven when Khalid and Linda walk near Blakely's office.
5. What happens when Ben and his group first reach the main base in chapter thirty-two?
6. Describe the scene in chapter twenty-seven when a child is brought forth in the council meeting?
7. Describe what Khalid tells Linda in chapter thirty-two when he stops to reset the time on Jason's counter.
8. Describe the exchange between Khalid and Blakely in chapter twenty-three when Blakely begins telling them about the main base being attacked.
9. What does Ben explain to Ashley about the other five caves that they did not go into after the ceremony is over?
10. What happens to Michaelson after he falls asleep in the hole in chapter twenty-two?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)