|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at the dwellings, what does Ashley announce she knows just from looking at them?
(a) They couldn't have been for more than one clan.
(b) They weren't abandoned intentionally.
(c) They were not homes.
(d) They weren't built by Homo sapiens.
2. What does Michaelson say might rub off of Jason onto Ben since they were hanging out so much in chapter five?
(a) Jason's humility.
(b) Jason's good hygiene habits.
(c) Jason's intelligence.
(d) Jason's maturity.
3. What does Roland throw to Blakely once Blakely and Jason are on the boat?
(a) A gun.
(b) A satellite phone.
(c) A watch.
(d) His ring.
4. What does Khalid compare the Antarctic dig to in chapter four?
(a) The California gold rush.
(b) The Lost City of Atlantis.
(c) Manhattan Project.
(d) The Titanic expedition.
5. What words does Ben hear whispered into his ear in chapter two while he is dreaming?
(a) You must be true to who you are.
(b) There is no escape.
(c) You are one of us.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter fifteen, what does Michaelson say happened when he tried to contact the main base?
2. What does Villanueva say when Ashley suggests that Halloway may have already crossed the river?
3. What does Ashley answer when Ben asks her "Do you trust him?" in chapter three?
4. After examining the dead body of one of the creatures in chapter fifteen, what does Linda say that the animal resembles?
5. When Ben was younger, what did he discover about his family that embarrassed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter two when Ben Brust is first introduced.
2. Describe what happens in chapter twenty when Jason and Blakely are withing earshot of Linda and Khalid.
3. Describe the conversation that Ashley and Blakely have in the elevator in chapter six.
4. What does Colonel Matson explain to Ben when he goes to see Ben in chapter two?
5. What is revealed about Ben's childhood in chapter two?
6. Describe the conversation that Flattery and Blakely have in chapter nine when they are discussing how the team will be able to keep in contact with the new circuit boards.
7. What is unique about the boulders that are found in thirteen when the group first begins looking for Halloway?
8. In chapter seven what does Ashley tell Jason about what he can expect to do while at the main base camp while she is gone.
9. In the meeting in chapter four what does Blakely reveal is significant about the find in Antarctica?
10. Explain what happens in chapter thirteen after the group gets through the small crevice while following Halloway's trail.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)