|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashley answer when Ben asks her "Do you trust him?" in chapter three?
(a) I don't know.
(b) Not at all.
(c) I haven't thought about it.
2. In chapter eight, what does Ashley explain about dig sites?
(a) They need to be explored in a precise cataloged order.
(b) They develop their own character or soul.
(c) They have to be treated like sacred relics.
(d) They have to looked at by multiple people.
3. What does Blakely say when Roland says that the monsters are attacking from every direction in chapter sixteen?
(a) They aren't attacking from the south.
(b) They will have to be lucky.
(c) They are coming from only certain caves.
(d) They are only attacking from land.
4. What concerns Ashley in chapter ten about Michaelson's backpack?
(a) It has skull and cross bones on it.
(b) It has Michael's brother's name on it.
(c) He hasn't got any food or water in it.
(d) The amount of ammunition and guns it carries.
5. What does Michaelson say might rub off of Jason onto Ben since they were hanging out so much in chapter five?
(a) Jason's intelligence.
(b) Jason's maturity.
(c) Jason's good hygiene habits.
(d) Jason's humility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben tell Ashley that a symbol, similar to the one in the cave, stood for among his grandmother's Aboriginal tribe?
2. What does Ashley respond when Ben first asks her what she thinks about the cave dwellings when they arrive there in chapter eight?
3. What does Khalid tell Ben when Ben is talking about the room that they have found being full of quartz in chapter seventeen?
4. Why does Blakely say that he didn't expand the search party further when the first party went missing?
5. Who does Ben see in his dream in chapter eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blakely show Ashley when they first meet in chapter one?
2. Explain what happens in chapter seventeen when Linda wakes up with a headache.
3. Describe the dream that Ben has in chapter two.
4. When they get across the river and find blood explain what Ashley and Villanueva discuss about Halloway coming across the river.
5. Describe the discussion that Michaelson and Ashley have in chapter five.
6. What does Colonel Matson explain to Ben when he goes to see Ben in chapter two?
7. Describe the group's reaction in chapter ten when they discover that there was a team that went ahead of them that has not returned?
8. Explain what happens in chapter thirteen after the group gets through the small crevice while following Halloway's trail.
9. Describe the events that take place when Villanueva crosses the river in chapter thirteen.
10. Describe the conversation that Flattery and Blakely have in chapter nine when they are discussing how the team will be able to keep in contact with the new circuit boards.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)