|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Khalid sees the plumes of smoke from the camp in chapter twenty-three, what does he compare it to?
(a) The finger of God.
(b) A bread trail home.
(c) The hair form the winning horse that he bet the farm on.
(d) Their ticket out of this hell hole.
2. Why does Mo'amba tell Ben that the crak'an are now able to get through many of the mimi'swee's defenses?
(a) The crak'an are becoming smarter.
(b) The mold that is poisonous to the crak'an is dying.
(c) There are new tunnels developing.
(d) The crak'an have a new weapon.
3. What does Harry say is wrong with his gas powered sled in the end of chapter twenty-nine that he is not sure he can fix?
(a) Water in the gasoline.
(b) Bent front axel.
(c) Two wheels are broken.
(d) The brakes don't work.
4. What has Ashley been doing in chapter thirty-four to keep herself busy?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) Helping Mo'amba with his washing.
(c) Logging information.
5. Why does Jason tell Linda that he knows that Khalid intends to kill him in chapter thirty-one?
(a) Khalid told Jason he would kill him no matter what.
(b) Khalid has been mumbilng about revenge.
(c) Khalid wants Linda to go with him alone.
(d) Khalid looks at him as if he is already dead.
6. What does Khalid say when he first catches up with Linda, Blakely and Jason in chapter twenty-five?
(a) You will all die.
(b) My fair lovely Linda, you will die a traitor's death.
(c) Allah has smiled on me this day.
(d) How appropriate that a thunderclap should precede my storm.
7. What does Jason give to Blakely and Linda when they say they need a blasting cap?
(a) A bottle rocket.
(b) His chemistry travel kit.
(c) A box of matches.
(d) His cherry bomb.
8. What does Ashley ask Harry to do for them at the hearing that Mo'amba was able to get before Ashley and Ben are put to death?
(a) Be her lawyer.
(b) Teach her the customs.
(c) Translate for her.
(d) Teach her the language.
9. What does Harry tell Michaelson about using nontraditional weapons to kill the crak'an?
(a) It damages the ecosystem.
(b) He has a better weapon.
(c) It scares the mimi'swee.
(d) It lessens their chance of gaining honor from the kill.
10. What does Nob'cobi tell Ben in chapter thirty-three in regards to Ben's bleeding leg?
(a) It makes Ben a liability.
(b) It is leaving a trail.
(c) Nob'cobi has something to heal it.
(d) It is much worse than Ben realizes.
11. What does Mo'amba show Ben and Harry when they are trying to find the fastest way back up top?
(a) A pack of dust.
(b) A map.
(c) A secret passage.
(d) A cart and small animal.
12. What does Sandy say about the reinforcements that came down the elevator when the radio equipment went out?
(a) She is babbling incoherently.
(b) The elevators drew the animals in and no one else has tried.
(c) The reinforcements fought for a short time and made it to the other side of the cave.
(d) She isn't sure there were any.
13. What picture does Ashley find on the wall in chapter twenty-four?
(a) A picture of a spaceship.
(b) A picture of Australia.
(c) A picture of dinosaurs.
(d) A picture of a meteor crashing.
14. What does Harry explain is going on when the council member puts her egg in a nest in the middle of the council in chapter twenty-seven?
(a) Reading the child's aura.
(b) They are deciding what sect the child will belong to.
(c) They are giving thanks to their departed anscestors.
(d) A naming ceremony.
15. What does Mo'amba tell Ben about his mission in chapter thirty?
(a) He must go alone.
(b) He will not fail.
(c) Mo'amba must go with him.
(d) He will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mo'amba tell Ben that he has been doing to Harry since he came to the mimi'swee?
2. What does Ben say when Jason explains the reason for the bomb strapped to his chest in chapter thirty-four?
3. What does Mo'amba want Ben to do as he explains it in chapter twenty-four?
4. What does Michaelson say when he comes to see Ashley in her cell in chapter thirty-four?
5. What does Jason pull out of his pocket when he hears Ben's voice?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)