|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khalid tell Ben when Ben is talking about the room that they have found being full of quartz in chapter seventeen?
(a) The quartz are covered with fungi.
(b) He has never seen anything like them.
(c) It is not quartz, but diamonds.
(d) It is also full of rubys and emeralds.
2. What happens to Blakely while trying to escape the monsters in chapter sixteen?
(a) He gets shot.
(b) He looses a finger.
(c) He begins having chest pain.
(d) He is bitten on the arm.
3. What does Blakely say when Roland says that the monsters are attacking from every direction in chapter sixteen?
(a) They are only attacking from land.
(b) They aren't attacking from the south.
(c) They are coming from only certain caves.
(d) They will have to be lucky.
4. What does Blakely tell Roland in chapter three when Roland mentions the previous exploration team?
(a) That it is classified.
(b) That there is nothing to tell the team.
(c) That if anyone finds out about the other team the mission will be shut down.
(d) That they won't lose this team.
5. What does Ben find that indicates that Halloway is ahead of them?
(a) Fresh blood.
(b) His transport board.
(c) His gun.
(d) His backpack.
6. In chapter ten, how many times a day does Blakely tell the group to be in contact?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every two hours.
(c) Only in emergencies.
(d) Three times.
7. What does Blakely tell Jason he needs after collapsing on the floor in chapter twenty?
(a) Some food.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Some sleep.
(d) Nitro pills.
8. What does Jason reply when Blakely asks him how he is holding up in chapter sixteen?
(a) I want my mother.
(b) I won't recomend this place to my friends.
(c) Just dandy thanks.
(d) This summer sucks.
9. What does Blakely tell Ashley about Michaelson's relationship to the first team that went in?
(a) Michaelson was supposed to go with the first team but got sick.
(b) His brother was with the first team.
(c) Michaelson's wife was with the first team.
(d) He was in charge of the first team.
10. What does Khalid tell Linda in chapter twenty?
(a) His real name is not Khalid.
(b) If he doesn't do what he is assigned his family will be killed.
(c) He has fallen in love with her.
(d) He was chosen because of his geology background.
11. Who does Ben see in his dream in chapter eleven?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) An odd creature.
(d) His grandfather.
12. What concerns Ashley in chapter ten about Michaelson's backpack?
(a) It has skull and cross bones on it.
(b) The amount of ammunition and guns it carries.
(c) He hasn't got any food or water in it.
(d) It has Michael's brother's name on it.
13. What part of Villanueva is hurt in the fight in chapter fifteen?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) Head wound.
(d) Punctured lung.
14. What does Khalid compare the Antarctic dig to in chapter four?
(a) The California gold rush.
(b) Manhattan Project.
(c) The Titanic expedition.
(d) The Lost City of Atlantis.
15. In chapter nineteen, what does Michaelson do to make Ashely and Ben go ahead without him when they are being trailed?
(a) Pays them.
(b) Threatens to shoot Ben.
(c) Pulls out a grenade.
(d) Puts a gun to his own head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the transport sleds resemble that Blakely hands Ashley and the others to travel on through the caving systems in chapter ten?
2. What does Flattery tell Blakely in chapter nine when Blakely tells him not to fret?
3. After examining the dead body of one of the creatures in chapter fifteen, what does Linda say that the animal resembles?
4. In the beginning of chapter twelve, what does Ben find?
5. What does Michaelson say might rub off of Jason onto Ben since they were hanging out so much in chapter five?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)