|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashley say when Michaelson states being mad at Halloway for delaying their search?
(a) That Michaelson should not have gone off alone.
(b) That accidents happen in situations like this.
(c) That Halloway is a moron.
(d) That it is Ashley's fault.
2. Why does Michaelson say that he joined in the army?
(a) He and his brother joined together.
(b) His while family is in the army.
(c) It was expected of him.
(d) It was either jail or the army.
3. What does Blakely tell Jason he needs after collapsing on the floor in chapter twenty?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some sleep.
(d) Nitro pills.
4. What falls out of Khalid's back pack into Jason's stall in chapter five?
(a) Various colored wires.
(b) Red candles.
(c) Plastic-wrapped cubes of gray Play-Doh.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Michaelson say when Ashley asks if Halloway is waiting for them down below?
(a) He sent Halloway back up ahead of him.
(c) Who is Halloway?
(d) He didn't see anyone.
6. What does Blakely tell Roland in chapter three when Roland mentions the previous exploration team?
(a) That it is classified.
(b) That if anyone finds out about the other team the mission will be shut down.
(c) That there is nothing to tell the team.
(d) That they won't lose this team.
7. What does Linda find in the water in chapter eleven?
(a) A frog.
(b) A shell.
(c) A skull.
(d) A fish.
8. What does Ben say when he sees what is written on the cave in chapter six?
(a) It adds to the natural beauty.
(b) It is considered bad luck.
(c) It is odd for an early hominid group to use that color of paint.
(d) He hopes it is an environmentally-friendly paint.
9. What does Ashley feel as Ben and Linda walk off together?
10. What does Michaelson do when his gun snaps on an empty chamber?
(a) Hits the monster with the gun like a bat.
(b) Kicks the monster.
(c) Throws a grenade.
(d) Stabs the monster in the gut.
11. Why does Khalid believe that there will be valuable minerals found on the dig?
(a) Because he likes to day dream.
(b) Because of the diamond statue.
(c) Because of the gold dust emitted by the volcano.
(d) Because Antarctica has never been researched before.
12. What words does Ben hear whispered into his ear in chapter two while he is dreaming?
(a) There is no escape.
(c) You must be true to who you are.
(d) You are one of us.
13. In chapter eight, what does Ashley explain about dig sites?
(a) They have to be treated like sacred relics.
(b) They have to looked at by multiple people.
(c) They develop their own character or soul.
(d) They need to be explored in a precise cataloged order.
14. What is Ben able to deduct about Linda and she confirms in chapter seven?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is claustrophobic.
(c) She is frightened of the dark.
(d) She has an ulterior motive for being on the expedition.
15. What does Ben notice about Ashley while she is standing at the bar in chapter two?
(a) Her scar on her face.
(b) She is obviously in charge.
(c) That she doesn't have on a wedding ring.
(d) She looks like she hasn't slept lately.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, how does Ashley compare herself to Linda?
2. What does Jason reply when Blakely asks him how he is holding up in chapter sixteen?
3. What part of Villanueva is hurt in the fight in chapter fifteen?
4. What does Michaelson say about Ben's file in chapter five?
5. What reason does Linda have for going through Khalid's backpack in chapter nineteen?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)