|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakely tell Ashley when she asks if the site has been dated?
(a) They have conflicting information about the dates.
(b) Not yet.
(c) It has been carbon dated at five-point-two million years.
(d) About three thousand years.
2. Where does Ben tell Ashely that he was raised in chapter two?
(a) All over Australia.
(b) His father's sheep farm.
(c) With his grandfather.
(d) In a New England bording school.
3. Why does Khalid believe that there will be valuable minerals found on the dig?
(a) Because Antarctica has never been researched before.
(b) Because of the gold dust emitted by the volcano.
(c) Because he likes to day dream.
(d) Because of the diamond statue.
4. What is Jason doing when Ashley calls him to check in on him in chapter four?
(a) Playing his Game Boy.
(c) Playing his guitar.
(d) Ordering room service.
5. What does Khalid do once across the bridge in chapter seven?
(a) Puts a wireless transmitter on an outbuilding.
(b) Sends a message on his phone.
(c) Puts a back pack under a canister.
(d) Wires explosives to the elevators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben do in chapter six when Linda asks if she can open the window in the Sno-Cat?
2. Why does Michaelson say that he joined in the army?
3. In book one, chapter one, what does Dr. Blakely show to Ashley Carter when he first meets her at her home?
4. What does Flattery tell Blakely in chapter nine when Blakely tells him not to fret?
5. What does Khalid say is the critical stipulation for exploration of Antartica?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)