|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Matson say that he wants Ben to do in chapter two?
(a) It is top secret and Ben will be told later.
(b) Agree to undergo some tests.
(c) Join an international expedition.
(d) Look over a map they have found.
2. What does Flattery tell Blakely in chapter nine when Blakely tells him not to fret?
(a) He would feel better if Ashley and the others knew the truth.
(b) They didn't find Wombley's body, only blood.
(c) He will rest easier when the mission is over.
(d) He is paid to worry.
3. What does Ashley feel as Ben and Linda walk off together?
4. Why does Khalid believe that there will be valuable minerals found on the dig?
(a) Because of the gold dust emitted by the volcano.
(b) Because Antarctica has never been researched before.
(c) Because of the diamond statue.
(d) Because he likes to day dream.
5. What does Khalid say when Ben asks if he is a geologist?
(a) Much more than that.
(b) Of sorts.
(d) The Antarctic Treaty of 1959.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say to Jason in chapter four after Linda offers to let Jason come help her survey the lake in chapter seven?
2. What does Blakely tell Ashley when she asks if the site has been dated?
3. What does Ashley answer when Ben asks her "Do you trust him?" in chapter three?
4. Where is Benjamin Brust at when chapter two begins and he is first introduced?
5. What falls out of Khalid's back pack into Jason's stall in chapter five?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)