|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she recalls, where was the new job that Nettie had?
2. What are Nettie and John arguing about as the second act begins?
3. What time does John think he will call the police?
4. What is John clueless at, as Nettie relates to Timmy?
5. How long has Nettie been away from home for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Timmy's dream is the catalyst for his reconnection with John.
1) Describe the dream in detail. Explain what the most important aspects of it were and how they affected the story.
2) Analyze the effects that the dream had on Timmy and why.
3) Explain the results of the dream and how it managed to cause Timmy and John to face their feelings. Why was that the major factor in their reconnection?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Timmy and John's reaction to Nettie's disappearance. Describe how they both respond in different ways, why, and the effect their actions have on the play in general.
Essay Topic 3
John admires Timmy's participation in the war and it is also a source of his own self-doubt.
1) Describe the conversations and events in the play that depict how John feels about Timmy's time in the war.
2) Explain how Timmy's experience in the war causes John to think about himself and his own experiences. Also, include what Timmy does to help his father come to terms with his doubt.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)