|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Timmy deny his father the chance to do earlier in the day?
(a) Show his son off.
(b) Buy his son clothes.
(c) Buy his son lunch.
(d) Lecture his son.
2. What did Nettie do instead of reporting to work for the first job she describes?
(a) She went in early and resigned.
(b) She told them that she had accepted another job.
(c) She just didn't show up for it.
(d) She called in sick.
3. What does Timmy ask his father about the roses?
(a) Why he refused to buy them in the first place.
(b) Why he bought them in the first place.
(c) Why Nettie didn't seem to like them very much.
(d) Why he told Nettie who bought them.
4. What does Timmy challenge his mother on about her marriage?
(a) Why she has not given up on it yet.
(b) Why she married someone she is obviously incompatible with.
(c) Why she has wasted so much time trying to understand John.
(d) Why she does not take the time to understand John.
5. According to Timmy at the end of Act 2, Scene 3, who is now to blame for the trouble in the house?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettie inform John that she and Timmy argued about?
2. Where does Nettie say that she went?
3. What does Timmy tell John the argument he had with Nettie was about?
4. What time does the third scene in Act 2 take place?
5. What is John doing as Timmy arrives drunk in the second scene of Act 2?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)