|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a time are the three main characters of the play having towards the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) An okay time.
(b) A lousy time.
(c) An unpredictable time.
(d) A good time.
2. What happened to Timmy the night before?
(a) He got sick from eating spoiled food.
(b) He got into a fight with a friend.
(c) He had a headache from the loud noise of a party.
(d) He drank too much.
3. How does Timmy make decisions, according to John?
(a) He makes his own.
(b) He follows Nettie's lead.
(c) He follows John's lead.
(d) He listens to his friends.
4. What is Nettie carrying as she enters the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) A box.
5. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
(a) "Welcome Home, Timmy".
(b) "Great Job, Timmy".
(c) "We Missed You, Timmy".
(d) "You're the Best, Timmy".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettie tell John has nothing to do with their relationship?
2. What kind of roses does Timmy have for Nettie in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What was the occasion that Nettie's father would send her flowers?
4. What is John wondering as he and Timmy talk about the war in the second scene of Act 1?
5. How are Timmy and John feeling at the start of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Timmy and John do when Nettie enters the room in the fourth scene of Act 2, and how does she respond?
2. How do Nettie and John talk about Timmy's drinking in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the state of the Clearys' apartment in the beginning of the play and why?
4. What is John trying to convince Nettie to do as the final act begins?
5. What is the way Timmy views his father and his family, according to the speech he gives in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What reason does John give Timmy for why he should stay?
7. What decision has Timmy made in regard to where he will live?
8. What is Nettie's initial reaction to the flowers?
9. What is the difference in the way Nettie and John are handling Timmy's decision to leave?
10. How do Timmy and John appear at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, and what is the reason for their mood?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)