|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nettie initially respond to Timmy in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She has no reaction.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She lectures him.
2. What does Timmy challenge his mother on about her marriage?
(a) Why she has wasted so much time trying to understand John.
(b) Why she married someone she is obviously incompatible with.
(c) Why she does not take the time to understand John.
(d) Why she has not given up on it yet.
3. Who has it made, according to John?
(a) The coffee makers.
(b) The GIs.
(c) The police.
(d) The politicians.
4. How does John leave the room in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves quietly, ignoring everyone.
(b) He runs out quickly.
(c) He slams the door.
(d) He says goodbye and walks out normally.
5. How does Nettie reach for her purse at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
(a) After Timmy does.
(b) Before Timmy does.
(c) At the same time as Timmy does.
6. What does Nettie say to Timmy as she leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She thanks him for the conversation.
(b) She thanks him for the roses.
(c) She thanks him for the coffee.
(d) She thanks him for his advice.
7. What does John say about the meal at Nettie's mother's house?
(a) That he doesn't understand why he has to be there.
(b) That he will be there.
(c) That he will not be there.
(d) That he will try to be there.
8. What time is the meal at Nettie's mother's house scheduled for?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Two o'clock.
9. What is peculiar to Timmy?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. Why is John baffled about Nettie's disappearance?
(a) She did not have any money when she left.
(b) She has nowhere to go.
(c) She had too much money when she left.
(d) She has never left the apartment before.
11. What does Timmy request for his coffee?
(c) More water.
12. What was John, according to how Nettie remembers?
13. How does Nettie act when she finally returns home?
14. How does Nettie describe the experience of being gone?
15. What does Nettie give Timmy with his coffee?
(a) Milk and toast.
(b) Milk and sugar.
(c) Cream and toast.
(d) Sugar and toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John call Nettie and Timmy, according to Timmy?
2. What did Nettie have at the time she met John?
3. What is John clueless at, as Nettie relates to Timmy?
4. Whom did Timmy blame for things when he left home?
5. Where does Nettie say that she went?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)