|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Nettie been away from home for?
(a) All day.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) A couple of hours.
2. What does John do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Yells as he is walking away.
(b) Laughs and walks away.
(c) Begins to cry as he walks away.
(d) Turns and walks away.
3. When was Nettie scheduled to start the first job she describes?
(a) Thursday morning.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Monday afternoon.
(d) Thursday afternoon.
4. What does Nettie admit to Timmy as they talk in the first scene of Act 2?
(a) That she will never forgive her son.
(b) That she will never understand her husband.
(c) That she will never understand her son.
(d) That she will never forgive her husband.
5. How does Nettie describe the experience of being gone?
6. How long was Nettie away for?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Eleven Hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
7. What does Nettie give Timmy with his coffee?
(a) Milk and toast.
(b) Cream and toast.
(c) Sugar and toast.
(d) Milk and sugar.
8. Where is Nettie sitting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On a chair.
(c) At the table.
(d) On the floor.
9. How long can Nettie not go without seeing her mother, according to Timmy?
(a) One day.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
10. What does Timmy tell Nettie about his situation?
(a) He cannot stop drinking.
(b) He will not be leaving.
(c) He is confused about things.
(d) He will be leaving.
11. What does a friend of Timmy need?
(c) A roommate.
(d) A drinking buddy.
12. What does John caution Timmy about his drinking?
(a) That it is causing him to become paranoid.
(b) John does not caution Timmy about his drinking.
(c) That he is doing too much of it.
(d) That it puts him in a bad mood.
13. What is John doing in the first scene of Act 2?
(a) Antagonizing Timmy.
(b) Joking with Timmy.
(c) Questioning Timmy.
(d) Ignoring Timmy.
14. What day does the second act of the play take place on?
15. What can Timmy notice about the way his mother is acting in the third scene of Act 2?
(a) She is confused about everything.
(b) She is very mad.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is deep in thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettie criticize constantly, according to Timmy?
2. As she recalls, where was the new job that Nettie had?
3. Which country does Timmy remind Nettie that she had a chance to see?
4. Whom did Timmy blame for things when he returned home?
5. How does Nettie act when she finally returns home?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)