|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nettie have at the time she met John?
(a) A good career.
(b) A lot of money.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Other marriage proposals.
2. Where did Nettie meet John?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At school.
(c) At the store.
(d) At a job.
3. How does Nettie initially respond to Timmy in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She lectures him.
(d) She has no reaction.
4. What does Nettie say to Timmy as she leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She thanks him for the coffee.
(b) She thanks him for the conversation.
(c) She thanks him for the roses.
(d) She thanks him for his advice.
5. What does Nettie give Timmy with his coffee?
(a) Milk and sugar.
(b) Sugar and toast.
(c) Milk and toast.
(d) Cream and toast.
6. What did a boy throw at Nettie before her new job was scheduled to start?
(a) An apple core.
(b) A rock.
(c) A book.
(d) A peach pit.
7. How does Nettie act when she finally returns home?
8. Why is John baffled about Nettie's disappearance?
(a) She has nowhere to go.
(b) She had too much money when she left.
(c) She did not have any money when she left.
(d) She has never left the apartment before.
9. Why does Timmy say that he was not looking forward to his father coming home?
(a) He and his father would fight again.
(b) His father would lecture him about his drinking.
(c) His parents would ignore each other again.
(d) His father and his mother would fight again.
10. How long has Nettie been away from home for?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) All day.
11. What did Nettie realize when she met John for the first time?
(a) That her life would be complicated.
(b) That her life would be easy.
(c) That they were not meant for each other.
(d) That they were meant for each other.
12. How does Nettie reach for her purse at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
(a) After Timmy does.
(b) At the same time as Timmy does.
(c) Before Timmy does.
13. As she recalls, where was the new job that Nettie had?
(a) At a book store.
(b) At a school.
(c) At a law firm.
(d) At an advertising firm.
14. What is John clueless at, as Nettie relates to Timmy?
(a) How to manage his job.
(b) How to manage a family.
(c) How to manage a social life.
(d) How to manage money.
15. Who has it made, according to John?
(a) The coffee makers.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The GIs.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timmy tell John the argument he had with Nettie was about?
2. What time is the meal at Nettie's mother's house scheduled for?
3. Why does Timmy leave in the second scene of Act 2?
4. Where is Nettie sitting in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What can Timmy notice about the way his mother is acting in the third scene of Act 2?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)