|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nettie act when she finally returns home?
2. How long can Nettie not go without seeing her mother, according to Timmy?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
3. What time does John think he will call the police?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Twelve o'clock.
(d) Two o'clock.
4. Why does Timmy say that he was not looking forward to his father coming home?
(a) He and his father would fight again.
(b) His father and his mother would fight again.
(c) His father would lecture him about his drinking.
(d) His parents would ignore each other again.
5. What does John do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Begins to cry as he walks away.
(b) Laughs and walks away.
(c) Yells as he is walking away.
(d) Turns and walks away.
6. Where is Nettie sitting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) On a chair.
(b) At the table.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the floor.
7. Why is John baffled about Nettie's disappearance?
(a) She has never left the apartment before.
(b) She did not have any money when she left.
(c) She had too much money when she left.
(d) She has nowhere to go.
8. Whom did Timmy blame for things when he returned home?
(c) No one.
9. What time is it as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
10. What does Nettie criticize constantly, according to Timmy?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The lake house.
(c) John's job.
(d) John's friends.
11. What happened to Nettie's face after the incident with the boy?
(a) It was okay.
(b) It was scarred.
(c) It was bruised.
(d) It was a little red.
12. As she recalls, where was the new job that Nettie had?
(a) At an advertising firm.
(b) At a law firm.
(c) At a school.
(d) At a book store.
13. When was Nettie scheduled to start the first job she describes?
(a) Thursday morning.
(b) Thursday afternoon.
(c) Monday afternoon.
(d) Monday morning.
14. What does a friend of Timmy need?
(a) A roommate.
(d) A drinking buddy.
15. What is Nettie's idea of a vacation?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To travel.
(c) To get away from John.
(d) To stay home and relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timmy tell Nettie about his situation?
2. Who was the last one to see Nettie before she disappeared?
3. What did Nettie realize when she met John for the first time?
4. How does John view Timmy's life compared to his own?
5. What is peculiar to Timmy?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)