|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Timmy and John singing as Nettie calls for their attention?
(a) Silly songs.
(c) Popular songs.
(d) Opera songs.
2. What prevented John from joining the war?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He did not want to go.
(c) He did not pass the training.
(d) He was the head of household.
3. What story is told in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The story of how Nettie and John met.
(b) The story of Timmy's first birthday.
(c) The story of Nettie and John's marriage.
(d) The story of how Timmy was born.
4. What kind of a time are the three main characters of the play having towards the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) An unpredictable time.
(b) A good time.
(c) An okay time.
(d) A lousy time.
5. How does Nettie respond when John embraces her in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She does not even notice.
6. What is there evidence of in Act 1, Scene 1, from the night before?
(a) An accident.
(b) A poker game.
(c) A fight.
(d) A party.
7. Where is Timmy's army jacket, as John admires it?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the couch.
(c) Draped over a chair.
(d) Hanging on the door.
8. What does Nettie say after seeing the flowers in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She thanks both Timmy and John.
(b) She asks what the occasion is.
(c) She thanks Timmy.
(d) She thanks John.
9. What does John have scheduled on the day the play opens?
(a) A job interview.
(b) A meeting with a friend.
(c) A lunch with his boss.
(d) An appointment.
10. What does John tell Nettie to do with regards to Timmy and his activities?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Watch him carefully.
(c) Ease up on him.
(d) Lecture him.
11. What does John contend about Timmy to Nettie?
(a) He is still a boy.
(b) He will always be a boy.
(c) He is no longer a boy.
(d) He has never been a boy.
12. What is Nettie doing as Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(a) Picking up the roses.
(b) Looking at the roses.
13. How does Nettie initially feel about the roses?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is confused.
14. What was the result of the game John and Timmy saw?
(a) The Giants won.
(b) The Giants lost.
(c) The game was a tie.
(d) The game was rained out.
15. Who is playing in the game Timmy asks his father to go to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Timmy view his father in terms of courage?
2. What does Nettie lecture John about in the first scene of Act 1?
3. What is Nettie getting for Timmy's room?
4. What type of prayer will John stop and say?
5. What are Timmy and John drinking in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)