Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What morning is it when the play opens?
2. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
3. What type of apartment do the Clearys live in?
4. What New York City do the Clearys live in?
5. What is there evidence of in Act 1, Scene 1, from the night before?
6. How many chairs are there in the apartment as the play opens?
7. What condition is the banner in?
8. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
"Welcome Home, Timmy".
9. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
10. Where is Timmy's army jacket, as John admires it?
Hanging on the door.
11. What does John consider impressive about Timmy's jacket?
The bars and medals.
This section contains 2,499 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)