|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Timmy view his father in terms of courage?
(a) He thinks that he is the bravest man he has ever known.
(b) He thinks that his courage has not been tested.
(c) He thinks that he is the second bravest man he has ever known.
(d) He thinks that he is the weakest man he has ever known.
2. What does Timmy tell his mother he has given up enough of?
3. What does John say to Nettie as the third scene is ending?
(a) That he is sorry for everything.
(b) That the roses were Timmy's idea.
(c) That he did nothing wrong.
(d) That he regrets buying the roses.
4. Where are Nettie, John, and Timmy returning from as the third scene begins?
(a) A trip out of state.
(b) A relative's house.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A night on the town.
5. What does John tell Nettie to do with regards to Timmy and his activities?
(a) Lecture him.
(b) Ease up on him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Watch him carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nettie act when she finally returns home?
2. What did Timmy deny his father the chance to do earlier in the day?
3. What does Timmy do when Nettie grabs his hand?
4. What is John thinking of renting for the summer?
5. What is John doing in the first scene of Act 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)