|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is the banner in?
(c) Upside down.
2. What does John pretend he is doing as he hears someone coming in the beginning of the play?
(a) Making breakfast.
(b) Making lunch.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Cleaning the table off.
3. What did a boy throw at Nettie before her new job was scheduled to start?
(a) A rock.
(b) A peach pit.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple core.
4. How do John and Timmy feel about Nettie's response to the roses in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They are excited.
5. When does John tell Timmy they will buy new clothes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Timmy and John feeling at the start of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Timmy doing when the play opens?
3. How does Nettie initially feel about the roses?
4. How long ago did Nettie's father pass away?
5. What has Timmy seen during the war, according to John?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)