|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nettie get an aspirin for?
(a) The vase of roses.
(b) John's headache.
(c) Timmy's headache.
(d) Her headache.
2. What condition is the banner in?
(c) Upside down.
3. What prevented John from joining the war?
(a) He did not want to go.
(b) He did not pass the training.
(c) He was the head of household.
(d) He was injured.
4. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining room.
5. How many roses does Timmy have for his mother?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A few.
(d) A half dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does John tell Timmy they will buy new clothes?
2. What are John and Timmy doing as they enter the apartment in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does John tell Nettie to do with regards to Timmy and his activities?
4. How do John and Timmy feel about Nettie's response to the roses in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does John have scheduled on the day the play opens?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)