|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Nettie, John, and Timmy returning from as the third scene begins?
(a) A relative's house.
(b) A trip out of state.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A night on the town.
2. What is Timmy doing when the play opens?
(c) Sitting on the couch.
(d) Sitting at the table.
3. What does John consider impressive about Timmy's jacket?
(a) How clean it is.
(b) How big it is.
(c) Its color.
(d) The bars and medals.
4. What story is told in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The story of Timmy's first birthday.
(b) The story of how Timmy was born.
(c) The story of Nettie and John's marriage.
(d) The story of how Nettie and John met.
5. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
(a) "Welcome Home, Timmy".
(b) "You're the Best, Timmy".
(c) "Great Job, Timmy".
(d) "We Missed You, Timmy".
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Timmy go in the beginning of the third scene?
2. What type of flowers did Nettie's father used to send to her?
3. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
4. What is Nettie doing as Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
5. What is Nettie concerned about as Timmy and John continue to sing?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)