|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask about himself, pertaining to the war?
(a) If he would have received medals.
(b) If he would have been a commander.
(c) If he would have been injured.
(d) If he would have had the courage.
2. What does John pretend he is doing as he hears someone coming in the beginning of the play?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Cleaning the table off.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Making breakfast.
3. How many chairs are there in the apartment as the play opens?
(b) A closet full.
(d) A stack.
4. What type of flowers did Nettie's father used to send to her?
5. What was the occasion that Nettie's father would send her flowers?
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Mother's Day.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Timmy doing when the play opens?
2. What are Timmy and John doing as Nettie enters the apartment in the second scene of Act 1?
3. What does John contend about Timmy to Nettie?
4. How does Nettie initially feel about the roses?
5. What is John wondering as he and Timmy talk about the war in the second scene of Act 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)