|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Timmy and John do after Nettie responds to the roses?
(a) Shake their heads.
(b) Ask her questions.
(c) Begin reading the newspaper.
(d) Change the subject.
2. What story is told in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The story of how Timmy was born.
(b) The story of how Nettie and John met.
(c) The story of Timmy's first birthday.
(d) The story of Nettie and John's marriage.
3. What is Nettie doing as Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(c) Looking at the roses.
(d) Picking up the roses.
4. What kind of roses does Timmy have for Nettie in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Nettie lecture John about in the first scene of Act 1?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Eating too much.
(c) Not eating enough.
(d) Not getting enough sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nettie trying to do when the third scene begins?
2. What happens to the vase after Nettie throws the roses?
3. What is Nettie carrying as she enters the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What morning is it when the play opens?
5. How does Nettie respond when John embraces her in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)