|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John have scheduled on the day the play opens?
(a) A lunch with his boss.
(b) An appointment.
(c) A job interview.
(d) A meeting with a friend.
2. What is Nettie carrying as she enters the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) A box.
3. What is Nettie's secondary response to the roses?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She is a little sad.
4. How long ago did Nettie's father pass away?
(a) A couple of years ago.
(b) One month ago.
(c) Months ago.
(d) A year ago.
5. How does Timmy make decisions, according to John?
(a) He listens to his friends.
(b) He follows Nettie's lead.
(c) He makes his own.
(d) He follows John's lead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettie get an aspirin for?
2. What does the family plan to do as the second scene of the play ends?
3. What are Timmy and John drinking in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does John consider impressive about Timmy's jacket?
5. How does Nettie react to the flowers when she first sees them?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)