|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do with Timmy's jacket in the first scene?
(a) Tries it on.
(b) Puts it away.
(c) Hangs it on the wall.
(d) Turns it around.
2. What is Nettie's secondary response to the roses?
(a) She is a little sad.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She is excited.
3. What was the result of the game John and Timmy saw?
(a) The Giants won.
(b) The game was a tie.
(c) The Giants lost.
(d) The game was rained out.
4. What does Timmy think of his father's intelligence?
(a) He is wise.
(b) He is slightly above average.
(c) He is uninformed.
(d) He is slightly below average.
5. What does John ask about himself, pertaining to the war?
(a) If he would have had the courage.
(b) If he would have been injured.
(c) If he would have received medals.
(d) If he would have been a commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chairs are there in the apartment as the play opens?
2. What condition is the banner in?
3. What has happened to many of the local boys who also went off to war?
4. How did Timmy and John enjoy the game?
5. What New York City do the Clearys live in?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)