|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Timmy the night before?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He got into a fight with a friend.
(c) He had a headache from the loud noise of a party.
(d) He got sick from eating spoiled food.
2. What does John consider impressive about Timmy's jacket?
(a) The bars and medals.
(b) How big it is.
(c) How clean it is.
(d) Its color.
3. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What does John have scheduled on the day the play opens?
(a) A meeting with a friend.
(b) A lunch with his boss.
(c) A job interview.
(d) An appointment.
5. How long was Timmy in the army for?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nettie preparing for Timmy in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who is playing in the game Timmy asks his father to go to?
3. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
4. What dance are Nettie and Timmy doing at the end of the first scene?
5. What does Nettie lecture John about in the first scene of Act 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)