|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many chairs are there in the apartment as the play opens?
(a) A closet full.
(c) A stack.
2. What does John have scheduled on the day the play opens?
(a) A meeting with a friend.
(b) A job interview.
(c) A lunch with his boss.
(d) An appointment.
3. What type of prayer will John stop and say?
(a) A prayer for help.
(b) A long prayer.
(c) A short prayer.
(d) A prayer of Thanksgiving.
4. What happened to Timmy the night before?
(a) He got sick from eating spoiled food.
(b) He got into a fight with a friend.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He had a headache from the loud noise of a party.
5. What does Nettie lecture John about in the first scene of Act 1?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Eating too much.
(c) Not eating enough.
(d) Not getting enough sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing in the game Timmy asks his father to go to?
2. What are Nettie and Timmy doing after they dance?
3. How long was Timmy in the army for?
4. What is Timmy doing when the play opens?
5. What does Timmy do when Nettie grabs his hand?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)