|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does the second act of the play take place on?
2. How do John and Timmy feel about Nettie's response to the roses in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They are excited.
3. What does a friend of Timmy need?
(a) A roommate.
(b) A drinking buddy.
4. What does Timmy tell John the argument he had with Nettie was about?
(a) Her mother.
(c) What he found in her purse.
(d) His drinking.
5. What does Timmy ask his father about the roses?
(a) Why he bought them in the first place.
(b) Why Nettie didn't seem to like them very much.
(c) Why he refused to buy them in the first place.
(d) Why he told Nettie who bought them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nettie's secondary response to the roses?
2. What does Timmy challenge his mother on about her marriage?
3. What is the only light in the apartment as Nettie is there alone?
4. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
5. What was John, according to how Nettie remembers?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)