|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nettie admit to Timmy as they talk in the first scene of Act 2?
(a) That she will never understand her son.
(b) That she will never understand her husband.
(c) That she will never forgive her son.
(d) That she will never forgive her husband.
2. How does Nettie respond to Timmy at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She sends him to the store to buy more aspirin.
(c) She sends him to bed.
(d) She sends him to the store to buy more roses.
3. Whom did Timmy blame for things when he returned home?
(c) No one.
4. When does John tell Timmy they will buy new clothes?
5. What time is it as Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Nettie's father pass away?
2. What does John ask about himself, pertaining to the war?
3. Why does Nettie say that she came back?
4. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
5. Why is John baffled about Nettie's disappearance?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)