|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Timmy in the army for?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
2. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
(a) "We Missed You, Timmy".
(b) "Great Job, Timmy".
(c) "Welcome Home, Timmy".
(d) "You're the Best, Timmy".
3. What New York City do the Clearys live in?
(b) West Bronx.
(c) New York.
4. What type of prayer will John stop and say?
(a) A short prayer.
(b) A long prayer.
(c) A prayer of Thanksgiving.
(d) A prayer for help.
5. What does John do with Timmy's jacket in the first scene?
(a) Turns it around.
(b) Tries it on.
(c) Hangs it on the wall.
(d) Puts it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do John and Timmy feel about Nettie's response to the roses in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does John pretend he is doing as he hears someone coming in the beginning of the play?
3. What prevented John from joining the war?
4. How did Timmy and John enjoy the game?
5. What is interesting about the howls at the end of the second scene of Act 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)