|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there evidence of in Act 1, Scene 1, from the night before?
(a) A party.
(b) A fight.
(c) A poker game.
(d) An accident.
2. What is John wondering as he and Timmy talk about the war in the second scene of Act 1?
(a) What kind of politician he would make.
(b) Why the war lasted so long.
(c) What kind of soldier he would make.
(d) How the war ended so quickly.
3. What kind of roses does Timmy have for Nettie in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Nettie carrying as she enters the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A box.
5. How long was Timmy in the army for?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevented John from joining the war?
2. What is interesting about the howls at the end of the second scene of Act 1?
3. How does Timmy view his father in terms of courage?
4. What has happened to many of the local boys who also went off to war?
5. What kind of a time are the three main characters of the play having towards the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)