|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance are Nettie and Timmy doing at the end of the first scene?
(a) The fox trot.
(b) The Charleston.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The twist.
2. Who is playing in the game Timmy asks his father to go to?
3. What does Timmy suggest to John about the roses?
(a) That he pretends they are from him.
(b) That he pretends they were expensive.
(c) That he does not mention them.
(d) That he brings a lot of attention to them.
4. What does John contend about Timmy to Nettie?
(a) He has never been a boy.
(b) He will always be a boy.
(c) He is still a boy.
(d) He is no longer a boy.
5. What is there evidence of in Act 1, Scene 1, from the night before?
(a) A party.
(b) A poker game.
(c) A fight.
(d) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
2. How does Nettie react to the flowers when she first sees them?
3. What is Nettie preparing for Timmy in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
5. What are Timmy and John doing as Nettie enters the apartment in the second scene of Act 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)