|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Nettie and Timmy doing after they dance?
2. What does Timmy do when Nettie grabs his hand?
(a) Pulls it away.
(b) Begins laughing.
(c) Begins crying.
(d) Grabs her hand as well.
3. What does Nettie criticize constantly, according to Timmy?
(a) John's job.
(b) The apartment.
(c) John's friends.
(d) The lake house.
4. What does Nettie admit to Timmy as they talk in the first scene of Act 2?
(a) That she will never understand her son.
(b) That she will never forgive her son.
(c) That she will never forgive her husband.
(d) That she will never understand her husband.
5. What does Nettie tell John has nothing to do with their relationship?
(a) How well they know each other.
(b) Their financial situation.
(c) The roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nettie, John, and Timmy decide to go to in the second scene of Act 1?
2. What day does the second act of the play take place on?
3. How does Nettie initially feel about the roses?
4. What is Nettie trying to do when the third scene begins?
5. What type of friends are John and Timmy talking about in the second scene of the play?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)