|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nettie, John, and Timmy decide to go to in the second scene of Act 1?
(a) The train station.
(b) The city.
(c) The country.
(d) Another state.
2. What happens to the vase after Nettie throws the roses?
(a) It remains intact.
(b) John catches it.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It breaks in half.
3. What does Timmy suggest to John about the roses?
(a) That he brings a lot of attention to them.
(b) That he does not mention them.
(c) That he pretends they were expensive.
(d) That he pretends they are from him.
4. What does Nettie give Timmy with his coffee?
(a) Sugar and toast.
(b) Milk and sugar.
(c) Milk and toast.
(d) Cream and toast.
5. What does Timmy think of his father's intelligence?
(a) He is wise.
(b) He is slightly above average.
(c) He is slightly below average.
(d) He is uninformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about the howls at the end of the second scene of Act 1?
2. What morning is it when the play opens?
3. What does Nettie tell John after she gets the aspirin?
4. What story is told in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Nettie respond when John embraces her in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)