|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John contend about Timmy to Nettie?
(a) He is no longer a boy.
(b) He will always be a boy.
(c) He is still a boy.
(d) He has never been a boy.
2. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
3. What is Nettie preparing for Timmy in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
4. How does Timmy make decisions, according to John?
(a) He listens to his friends.
(b) He makes his own.
(c) He follows Nettie's lead.
(d) He follows John's lead.
5. What is Nettie trying to do when the third scene begins?
(a) Stop crying.
(b) Listen to John and Timmy's conversation.
(c) Stop laughing.
(d) Quiet John and Timmy down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Nettie's father send her flowers?
2. Where are Nettie, John, and Timmy returning from as the third scene begins?
3. Who is howling at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is playing in the game Timmy asks his father to go to?
5. What are Timmy and John drinking in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)