Act 1, Scene 1
1. What morning is it when the play opens?
2. What year does the play, "The Subject was Roses", take place in?
3. What type of apartment do the Clearys live in?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Somewhere between lower and middle class.
(c) Somewhere between middle and upper class.
(d) Upper class.
4. What New York City do the Clearys live in?
(a) New York.
(d) West Bronx.
5. What is there evidence of in Act 1, Scene 1, from the night before?
(a) An accident.
(b) A party.
(c) A fight.
(d) A poker game.
6. How many chairs are there in the apartment as the play opens?
(c) A stack.
(d) A closet full.
7. What condition is the banner in?
(b) Upside down.
8. What does the banner in the Cleary's apartment read?
(a) "Welcome Home, Timmy".
(b) "You're the Best, Timmy".
(c) "We Missed You, Timmy".
(d) "Great Job, Timmy".
9. What room is John Cleary standing in as the play begins?
(a) The living room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining room.
This section contains 4,597 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)