|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing Hebdige is trying to understand about subcultures?
(a) Their historical context.
(b) Their religious context.
(c) Their emotional context.
(d) Their spiritual context.
2. Which place do Rastafarians believe is the "Promised Land"?
3. What does Genet say about George Jackson's letters?
(a) They are written with pleasant words.
(b) They are difficult to read.
(c) They are extremely long.
(d) They contain a lot of pictures.
4. Hebdige says that Genet transformed from individual into what?
(a) Realm of revolution.
5. Punks are known for embracing which of the following?
(a) Sexual puritanism.
(b) Strong tie to Britain's history.
(c) Peace and harmony.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Skinheads focus on what as a foundation of their subculture?
2. In terms of language, what does George Jackson say about the dominant culture?
3. What does Hebdige say is an attribute of style?
4. Which of the following is a way that "powerless teenagers" can feel like they are "socially significant"?
5. According to Hebdige, social forces serve to do what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)