|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which does Hebdige say is true of George Jackson's words?
(a) They are fixed in space.
(b) They are fixed in history.
(c) They are fixed in meaning.
(d) They are fixed in the dominant culture.
2. With regard to music, Punks prefer which of the following rather than technique?
(d) Desire to master technique.
3. What happened to the people of London as the heat intensified?
(a) The people went from being annoyed to being violent.
(b) Nothing. The heat wave did not affect them.
(c) The masses died.
(d) The people migrated to Dublin, Ireland.
4. What is the main thing Hebdige is trying to understand about subcultures?
(a) Their historical context.
(b) Their emotional context.
(c) Their spiritual context.
(d) Their religious context.
5. According to Hebdige, the mass culture mythologizes signification as a means of gaining which of the following?
(d) More followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hebdige talks about style, which of the following is true?
2. In the Punk subculture, when is commodification complete?
3. According to Chapter 4, what does the black culture lose as it spreads into the world?
4. Of the following, who is an imprisoned writer?
5. Where does Hebdige say objects begin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)