|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the media's purpose of depicting Punkers as "good kids"?
(a) To persuade them to change their ways since the masses like that depiction.
(b) To show that the definition of being a Punker is being a positive person.
(c) To lessen the subculture's credibility.
(d) To create harmony between them and other subcultures.
2. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
(a) They presented Easy Listening music.
(b) They presented Soft rock music.
(c) They presented Hard rock music.
(d) They presented Soul music.
3. Hebdige says that style is resistance to what?
(a) Religious forces.
(b) Social forces.
(c) Spiritual forces.
(d) Emotional forces.
4. What purpose does Hebdige say mass culture serves to subcultures?
(b) Promote growth.
5. In terms of language, what does George Jackson say about the dominant culture?
(a) It is used to turn the participants within a subculture against each other.
(b) It was formerly known as the Queen's English.
(c) It is only used in Africa.
(d) It might be turned against the Enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer's beliefs about style most closely resembles those of Hebdige?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Hebdige say style lacks?
3. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
4. Individuals' conduct in society is greatly influenced by which?
5. Skinheads derived from what subculture?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)