|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When referring to the philosophies of others, Hebdige discusses which type of conflict?
2. Reggae is greatly influenced by what style of music?
3. The anger of the people turned into what type of riots?
4. The Rastafarian subculture says the "black sufferer" is placed where?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. What does Hebdige say about post-war Britain with regard to mass media and how it defines cultural experience?
(a) It shares truths and sound across age and race."
(b) "It shares images and ideals across age and gender."
(c) "It shares sound and images across class and culture."
(d) "It shares sound and images across race and culture."
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which does Hebdige say is a representation of the mass culture aesthetic?
2. Which of the following is a notion NOT associated with the Punk subculture?
3. The mass culture is associated with several aesthetics. According to Hebdige, which is an example?
4. In Chapter 4, how do the Teddy Boys feel about life?
5. Hebdige states, "the implication is that style, with its inherent subversion, can . . ." do what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)