|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Hebdige focuses on something and how it affects the definition of a subculture. What is it that he focuses on?
(b) Level of education.
(c) Socioeconomical status.
(d) Religious preference.
2. According to Hebdige, which is an underlying influence of the reggae subculture?
3. The mass culture is associated with several aesthetics. According to Hebdige, which is an example?
4. Chapter 2 begins by talking about the London heat wave of what year?
5. What types of clothing do Punkers generally like to wear?
(a) Symbols of education.
(b) Symbols of religion.
(c) Symbols of sex.
(d) Symbols of world peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hebdige say is the next step after a subculture is ready to become a part of the "mass cultural consciousness"?
2. What does Hebdige say "incites a cultural fear of further hidden transgressions"?
3. Beats connect to which of the following aspects of the black culture?
4. What does Hebdige say about SOME aspects of youth culture with respect to the parent culture?
5. What method is used to facilitate the mass society's understanding of subcultures?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)