|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The anger of the people turned into what type of riots?
2. In which of the following does Hebdige say Punks find their identity?
(a) Positive space.
(b) Neutral space.
(c) Negative space.
(d) Neutral and positive space.
3. Reggae has origins in which of the following?
(a) West Indies.
(b) Post-war Britain.
(c) Pre-war Britain.
4. Hebdige says subcultures are designed to address what?
(a) Societal deficiencies.
(b) Cultural quandaries.
(c) Societal taboos.
(d) Cultural questions.
5. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
(a) Post-war Britain.
(b) Pre-war Britain.
(c) Britain during the war.
(d) Edwardian era.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Britain unable to get rid of?
2. Of the many subcultures, which two especially believe the idea that blacks represent the natural state of man?
3. In Chapter 4, how do the Teddy Boys feel about life?
4. Which of the following represents a product style?
5. Which of the following is the name of the song based on the London riots?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)