|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reggae has origins in which of the following?
(a) Pre-war Britain.
(b) West Indies.
(c) Post-war Britain.
2. When it comes to the objects of style, Hebdige is particularly interested in what?
(a) How the objects of style change over time.
(b) The variety of shapes and colors of one particular object.
(c) The difference between the reason the object was created and its actual use.
(d) The idea that only the dominant culture utilizes objects of style.
3. Hebdige said punk was viewed by those not a part of the subculture as which of the following?
(a) The Lochness monster.
(d) Frankenstein's monster.
4. Of the following, which can be used as a symbol of style?
5. According to the Rastafarian interpretation of the Bible, where is God?
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hebdige say is one of the things that "deconstructs rock music back to its more fundamental roots"?
2. According to Hebdige, which is an underlying influence of the reggae subculture?
3. In Chapter 5, Hebdige says mass media defines what?
4. According to Chapter 6, subcultures usually involve transgressions of what?
5. What do the Teddy Boys of the 50's represent?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)