|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of the song based on the London riots?
(a) White Riot.
(b) Red Riot.
(c) Blue Riot.
(d) Black Riot.
2. Which of the following is a notion NOT associated with the Punk subculture?
(a) A religious basis.
(b) Anti-social behavior.
(c) The shock and awe factor.
3. Which of the following musical acts is known for occasionally adopting the Jamaican street style?
(a) David Bowie.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Who.
(d) The Ramones.
4. According to the Rastafarian interpretation of the Bible, where is God?
(b) South America.
5. What does Hebdige say about post-war Britain with regard to mass media and how it defines cultural experience?
(a) It shares truths and sound across age and race."
(b) "It shares sound and images across class and culture."
(c) "It shares images and ideals across age and gender."
(d) "It shares sound and images across race and culture."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapters 5, what do Punks absolutely NOT want to be associated with?
2. In terms of transforming from childhood to maturity, what is Hebdige not concerned with?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Hebdige say about black and white subcultures and how they got the ideas for their subcultures?
4. Hebdige says that style is resistance to what?
5. Which of the following is a way that "powerless teenagers" can feel like they are "socially significant"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)