|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2 begins by talking about the London heat wave of what year?
2. Which of the following describes a standard of the Glam subculture?
3. Hebdige states, "the implication is that style, with its inherent subversion, can . . ." do what?
(a) "Influence the consciousness of mass culture."
(b) "Fight the consciousness of mass culture."
(c) "Influence the unconsciousness of mass culture."
(d) "Persuade the subconsciousness of mass culture."
4. According to the Rastafarians, which of the following is considered a blessing?
5. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
(a) Heavy Metal.
(c) Top 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reggae is greatly influenced by what style of music?
2. According to Hebdige, the mass culture mythologizes signification as a means of gaining which of the following?
3. Beats connect to which of the following aspects of the black culture?
4. How does Hebdige relate style to the "myth of consensus"?
5. Which of the following musical acts is known for occasionally adopting the Jamaican street style?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)