|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hebdige, the mass culture mythologizes signification as a means of gaining which of the following?
(a) More followers.
2. Hebdige states, "the implication is that style, with its inherent subversion, can . . ." do what?
(a) "Fight the consciousness of mass culture."
(b) "Influence the unconsciousness of mass culture."
(c) "Persuade the subconsciousness of mass culture."
(d) "Influence the consciousness of mass culture."
3. Where did the parents of the Rastafarians migrate to?
4. Of the many subcultures, which two especially believe the idea that blacks represent the natural state of man?
(a) Mods and Glams.
(b) Hippies and 1950's Teddy Boys.
(c) Beats and Hipsters.
(d) Skinheads and Punks.
5. Reggae has origins in which of the following?
(a) Pre-war Britain.
(b) West Indies.
(d) Post-war Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The manner in which the Rastafarian parents migrated did which of the following?
2. Which of the following does Hebdige say has been neglected?
3. How does Hebdige define style?
4. Hebdige said punk was viewed by those not a part of the subculture as which of the following?
5. Punk lacks which of the following?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)