|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of "rebellion" does Hebdige say subcultures are?
2. How does Hebdige define the purpose of style?
(a) It is "to connect familiar signs to new signifiers."
(b) It is "to disconnect familiar signs to new signifiers."
(c) It is "to disconnect familiar signs to old signifiers."
(d) It is "to connect unfamiliar signs to old signifiers."
3. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
(a) They presented Hard rock music.
(b) They presented Soul music.
(c) They presented Soft rock music.
(d) They presented Easy Listening music.
4. The Glam subculture primarily consisted of which of the following?
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(d) Skinheads who want to break away from the Skinhead subculture.
5. Which of the following is the name of the song based on the London riots?
(a) Black Riot.
(b) White Riot.
(c) Red Riot.
(d) Blue Riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
2. When Hebdige talks about style, which of the following is true?
3. When referring to the philosophies of others, Hebdige discusses which type of conflict?
4. Which of the following does Hebdige say has been neglected?
5. Hebdige's Subculture is which of the following approaches to understanding the styles of Britain's youth cultures?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)