|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hebdige's Subculture is which of the following approaches to understanding the styles of Britain's youth cultures?
2. What does Hebdige say style articulates between the dominant culture and subcultures?
(a) The need for subcultures.
(c) The need for the dominant culture.
3. According to Hebdige, which of the following is true about style?
(a) It is the creator of the system.
(b) It is only part of a system.
(c) Has no relationship to the system.
(d) It is the entire system.
4. With regard to viewing style as an art form, who's opinion does Hebdige quote?
5. Which of the following is defined as "presenting a single, coherent identity"?
(a) Subculture style.
(b) Style of chaos and flux.
(c) Backwards style.
(d) Straightforward style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nuttal says that rocket jackets posses which of the following powers?
2. In Chapter 4, how do the Teddy Boys feel about life?
3. In Chapter 8, What does Hebdige say about subcultures?
4. What is a major difference between the participants of black subcultures and white subcultures?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Hebdige say style lacks?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)