|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Teddy Boys of 1950's utilize aspects from what era to incorporate into their belief system?
(a) Early America.
(b) The Colonial Period.
(c) The Vietnam Era.
2. Of the many subcultures, which two especially believe the idea that blacks represent the natural state of man?
(a) Hippies and 1950's Teddy Boys.
(b) Mods and Glams.
(c) Beats and Hipsters.
(d) Skinheads and Punks.
3. What does Hebdige say style articulates between the dominant culture and subcultures?
(a) The need for the dominant culture.
(d) The need for subcultures.
4. With regard to viewing style as an art form, who's opinion does Hebdige quote?
5. Hebdige says that style is resistance to what?
(a) Emotional forces.
(b) Religious forces.
(c) Social forces.
(d) Spiritual forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hebdige says supply directly affects which of the following?
2. What did Jamaican slaves combine with the teachings of the Bible to form reggae?
3. By their very nature, subcultures do what to the mass culture?
4. The STYLE between the Teddy Boys of the 50's and 70's is which of the following?
5. There is the assumption that if one Punk engages in violent behavior, the entire Punk subculture is labeled as a violent group. According to Hebdige, what entity reinforces this assumption?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)