|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Hebdige say style lacks?
(d) Common sense.
2. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
(a) They presented Soul music.
(b) They presented Hard rock music.
(c) They presented Easy Listening music.
(d) They presented Soft rock music.
3. Hebdige says that individuals understand ideology in which of the following ways?
4. Which of the following is the name of the song based on the London riots?
(a) Black Riot.
(b) White Riot.
(c) Red Riot.
(d) Blue Riot.
5. Who does Hebdige compare to signified skinheads?
(a) Nebulous punkers.
(b) Rebellious Rastafarians.
(c) Gorgeous glams.
(d) Marvelous mods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of language, what do Punks focus on?
2. What do the Teddy Boys of the 50's represent?
3. Of the many subcultures, which two especially believe the idea that blacks represent the natural state of man?
4. The Teddy Boys of 1950's utilize aspects from what era to incorporate into their belief system?
5. What happened to the people of London as the heat intensified?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)