|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following subcultures was viewed by the mass culture as a major threat and lead its members to declare war?
2. According to Hebdige, social forces serve to do what?
(a) Build the working class.
(b) Build the upper class.
(c) Damage the upper class.
(d) Damage the working class.
3. According to the Rastafarian interpretation of the Bible, where is God?
(b) South America.
4. Where did the parents of the Rastafarians migrate to?
5. Of the Reggae subculture, Hebdige says it has strong, cultural what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Teddy Boys of the 70's are a symbol of what?
2. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
3. Hebdige says that reggae is primarily inspired by which of the following?
4. Which objects do Punks use to promote who they are?
5. After the migration of the Rastafarian parents, what musical style did they introduce to the world?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)