|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Teddy Boys of the 50's represent?
(a) The decline of Britain.
(b) The plight of the working class in America.
(c) The black culture.
(d) The traditions of Britain.
2. Where are the parents of the Rastafarians from?
(c) West Indies.
3. Hebdige says that reggae is primarily inspired by which of the following?
4. Hebdige says that white subcultures are a response to what?
(a) Their own insecurities.
(c) Their inherent desire to fight against the mass culture.
(d) The black community.
5. Of the following, which is defined as a "diverse set of signifiers which are likely to change from moment to moment"?
(a) Style of chaos and flux.
(b) Subculture style.
(c) Straightforward style.
(d) Backwards style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hebdige say about SOME aspects of youth culture with respect to the parent culture?
2. What does Hebdige say about post-war Britain with regard to mass media and how it defines cultural experience?
3. According to Chapter 8, what do Skinheads use to represent their principle of masculinity?
4. What does Hebdige say could have caused the outbreak of violence between subcultures?
5. Which of the following is associated with Punks?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)