|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
(a) Top 40.
(d) Heavy Metal.
2. According to Chapters 5, what do Punks absolutely NOT want to be associated with?
3. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
(a) Edwardian era.
(b) Post-war Britain.
(c) Pre-war Britain.
(d) Britain during the war.
4. To a certain extent, media shapes which of the following?
(a) Perception of socioeconomic status.
(b) Perception of social self.
(c) Perception of societal taboos.
(d) Perception of social selfishness.
5. Of the Reggae subculture, Hebdige says it has strong, cultural what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to promote their value of masculinity, which of the following do Skinheads use?
2. Where did the parents of the Rastafarians migrate to?
3. After the migration of the Rastafarian parents, what musical style did they introduce to the world?
4. Which of the following subcultures was viewed by the mass culture as a major threat and lead its members to declare war?
5. According to Hebdige, which is an underlying influence of the reggae subculture?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)