|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
(a) Pre-war Britain.
(b) Edwardian era.
(c) Britain during the war.
(d) Post-war Britain.
2. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
(a) They presented Soul music.
(b) They presented Hard rock music.
(c) They presented Soft rock music.
(d) They presented Easy Listening music.
3. What types of alteration is Britain experiencing?
(a) Economical and spiritual.
(b) Physiological and sociological.
(c) Religious and emotional.
(d) Physical and sociological.
4. Hebdige says the relationship between which of the following is NOT a constant?
(a) Truths, understanding, and signs.
(b) Experience, facts, and signification.
(c) Experience, expression, and signification.
(d) Opinions, expression, and signs.
5. According to Hebdige, which is an underlying influence of the reggae subculture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the first to embrace the Rastafarian style?
2. In Chapter 5, Hebdige says mass media defines what?
3. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
4. In which of the following ways, do Punks communicate language?
5. The STYLE between the Teddy Boys of the 50's and 70's is which of the following?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)