|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Teddy Boys of the 70's are a symbol of what?
(a) The black culture.
(b) The traditions of Britain.
(c) The plight of the working class in America.
(d) The decline of Britain.
2. What does Hebdige say about post-war Britain with regard to mass media and how it defines cultural experience?
(a) "It shares images and ideals across age and gender."
(b) "It shares sound and images across class and culture."
(c) It shares truths and sound across age and race."
(d) "It shares sound and images across race and culture."
3. Of the Reggae subculture, Hebdige says it has strong, cultural what?
4. Who does Hebdige compare to signified skinheads?
(a) Nebulous punkers.
(b) Rebellious Rastafarians.
(c) Gorgeous glams.
(d) Marvelous mods.
5. Which of the following was one of the first to embrace the Rastafarian style?
(a) Black, working class of Great Britain.
(b) White, upper class of Great Britain.
(c) Black, upper class around the world.
(d) All races in the working class of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Hebdige says mass media defines what?
2. Which of the following is associated with Punks?
3. In Chapter 8, What does Hebdige say about subcultures?
4. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
5. Hebdige says that style is resistance to what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)