|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a value held dear by the Skinheads?
(a) Upper class.
2. What does Hebdige say about SOME aspects of youth culture with respect to the parent culture?
(a) All youth culture reflects parent culture.
(b) Parent culture reflects youth culture, not the other way around.
(c) They no way reflect the parent culture.
(d) There is no such thing as a youth culture and parent culture. Both the youth and parent exercise the traditions of one, the same culture.
3. Hebdige describes subcultures as"mediation" between what?
(a) Lies and wishes.
(b) Experience and tradition.
(c) Opinions and facts.
(d) Ideas and truths.
4. To a certain extent, media shapes which of the following?
(a) Perception of socioeconomic status.
(b) Perception of societal taboos.
(c) Perception of social self.
(d) Perception of social selfishness.
5. Where are the parents of the Rastafarians from?
(b) West Indies.
Short Answer Questions
1. With regard to working class aesthetics, which of the following subcultures did the Punks offend?
2. According to the Rastafarians, which of the following is considered a blessing?
3. Of the following, which is defined as a "diverse set of signifiers which are likely to change from moment to moment"?
4. The Skinheads focus on what as a foundation of their subculture?
5. Hebdige says that white subcultures are a response to what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)