|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shawn explain at the end of the angel dream?
(a) I don't want to die!
(b) I don't want to be an angel!
(c) Angels aren't real!
(d) I am not an angel!
2. What happens to Shawn and his father after his father finishes speaking in Chapter 16?
(a) Shawn's father releases their thumbs.
(b) They lock eyes.
(c) They breathe in unison.
(d) Tears run down both of their cheeks.
3. How far away from Cindy and her friends is Shawn usually sitting before he is put to bed?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Fifteen feet away.
(c) Close enough to hear all but whispered secrets.
(d) One room away.
4. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 12, who or what is dead?
5. When his father comes into Shawn's room, perhaps to kill him, how does Shawn feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shawn, Cindy, and Paul all know what when it comes to their father?
2. According to the interview of Earl Detraux on the Alice Ponds Show, what is his quality of life like currently?
3. What do Cindy's friends do in front of Shawn that he sees as a "silver lining?"
4. What is Earl Detraux doing now?
5. Who is going to watch Paul's team in the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things in Chapter 10 that Shawn remembers about his mother from over the years that make him feel loved?
2. What is apparent about the relationship between Paul and his father after Paul finds out that his father wants him to go on the Alice Ponds show?
3. What is Shawn's opinion of the role of memories and "being known for who you are" when someone dies?
4. What is in Shawn's father's bedroom that is reminiscent of the virtual ride through the cosmos at the science center and why is this significant?
5. In Chapter 14, Shawn dreams that his father sees angels. What is the significance of the angels?
6. How does Shawn describe the African animal mobile that hangs over his bed, and why does he describe it in this manner?
7. Paul and Cindy discuss their father's appearance on The Alice Ponds Show. What do they think about what their father says on the show?
8. On The Alice Ponds Show, what is Alice Ponds' goal while interviewing Sydney McDaniel.
9. What does Shawn mean when he says that "invisibility has its advantages" when it comes to girls?
10. Paul and Shawn's mother have opposite views about Sydney, Shawn's father. Who does Shawn agree with and what is his opinion of his father?
This section contains 1,501 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)