|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul gets on the bus with his teammates to go to what destination?
(a) Walla Walla.
2. Which of the following comments does Shawn's father NOT make to Shawn in the angel dream?
(a) I need you to know...
(b) I left you.
(c) I lost you.
(d) You're gone.
3. Shawn, Cindy, and Paul all know what when it comes to their father?
(a) No one can protect Shawn from him.
(b) Paul is stronger then his father, so Shawn is safe.
(c) Their father is absent much of the time so there is little motivation for him to kill Shawn.
(d) He is too cowardly to ever hurt Shawn.
4. What is Earl Detraux doing now?
(a) Making a PBS special with Shawn's father.
(b) Serving time.
(c) Appearing on the Alice Ponds show.
(d) Making a made-for-TV movie with Shawn's father.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what suddenly matters a lot to Shawn?
(a) If Ally likes him.
(b) If Cindy goes away to college.
(c) Whether or not dying stops everything.
(d) Not knowing what comes next.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ruffians asking about for when they threaten Shawn?
2. What does Shawn call the robin that he sees on the window sill on Christmas morning when he is six years old?
3. According to the interview of Earl Detraux on the Alice Ponds Show, what does Earl seem to think was significant about Collin's behavior while he was dying?
4. What does Vonda usually do when she is with Shawn?
5. What seems to fall off of the computer screen in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul grab Cindy by the shirt front and pull back his fist to hit her?
2. What is apparent about the relationship between Paul and his father after Paul finds out that his father wants him to go on the Alice Ponds show?
3. What is in Shawn's father's bedroom that is reminiscent of the virtual ride through the cosmos at the science center and why is this significant?
4. What does Shawn try to tell his father over and over again in Chapter 16, and why?
5. Why is Vonda excited to meet Shawn's father?
6. In Chapter 14, why does Shawn fall asleep exhausted at ten o'clock that night?
7. The morning after Ally spends the night, why does Shawn think that something is wrong?
8. What is the Annie-Sullivan-meeting-Helen Keller-in-The Miracle-Worker routine and what does Shawn think about it?
9. What does Shawn think about after viewing the clip of an interview between Sydney McDaniel and Earl Detraux on the Alice Ponds Show?
10. What did Shawn's father do at the Pacific Science Center when Shawn was eight years old?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)