|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shawn say that he doesn't really have a body?
(a) Because his body doesn't work right.
(b) Because his life has always just been in his head.
(c) Because he has never been able to see what he looks like.
(d) Because he has cerebral palsy.
2. How many people attend the premiere reading of the poem?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
3. What is Shawn's birth order?
(b) Middle child.
(d) Oldest Boy.
4. What do Shawn's parents explain to their friends "a trillion times?"
(a) About Shawn's I.Q.
(b) Something that is "stupid."
(c) Something about Shawn that is only partially true.
(d) About Shawn's test scores.
5. What does Cindy do when the dog is hit by the car?
(a) Picks up the dog and strokes its face until it dies.
(b) Swerves and doubles back.
(c) Continues driving.
(d) Calls for help on the cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shawn's gift?
2. What does Shawn not know at the time that he sees the dog killed?
3. In the stanza of the poem at the beginning of Chapter 7, Shawn's expression is described as what?
4. In Shawn's opinion, the fame of the poem turned his father into a professional what?
5. What is Shawn's bad news?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Shawn, who is the Shawn in the poem written by his father?
2. How does Shawn describe his father?
3. How does Shawn describe the first signs that he will have a seizure?
4. When talking to her mother, how does Cindy explain her experience with the dog's death?
5. What is Shawn's out-of-body experience like while his father is in the classroom shooting video with a cameraman?
6. How does Shawn learn to read?
7. Why does Shawn say that he has looked into death's eyes?
8. How does Shawn describe the tests administered by the school psychologist?
9. What kinds of things is Shawn able to remember using his gift?
10. During his last feeding of Shawn, Sydney tells Lindy that he is mad at something other than at Shawn. What is he mad at?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)