|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Shawn's opinion, the fame of the poem turned his father into a professional what?
(b) Talk show guest.
2. According to Shawn in Chapter 7, how does the "proven scientific method for judging such things" classify Shawn?
(a) As a handicapped person with a brain disorder.
(b) As an idiot, moron, or celery stalk.
(c) As a brain-injured person with cerebral palsy.
(d) As a disabled person with cerebral palsy.
3. Why does the school district send out a school psychologist each year?
(a) To administer tests to Shawn for IEPs.
(b) Because Shawn is diagnosed as psychologically damaged.
(c) Because Shawn must pass the test before being promoted.
(d) To satisfy the standardized test requirement.
4. What allows Shawn to witness the dog's moment of death?
(a) The side window clears for a second.
(b) The angle of the open door of the van.
(c) Cindy picks up the dog.
(d) The front windshield wipers clear the glass.
5. Why does Shawn get confused about some aspects and experiences of life?
(a) Because his brain injury causes hallucinations sometimes.
(b) Because he cannot turn his head voluntarily.
(c) Because hearing about things is not as informative as experiencing things yourself.
(d) Because his family shelters him intentionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shawn describe William, one of the teacher assistants?
2. How old is Shawn when his father feeds him for the last time?
3. What does Shawn try not to do too much?
4. Chapter 1 is written from what point of view ?
5. Who teaches Shawn to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his last feeding of Shawn, Sydney tells Lindy that he is mad at something other than at Shawn. What is he mad at?
2. How does Shawn use the example of George Washington to show the reader that he knows more than he is given credit for?
3. What does Shawn's father throw at the crow, and does he hit or miss its target?
4. What movements does Shawn's body make and what controls them?
5. What is Shawn able to do when his spirit leaves his body during a seizure?
6. In Chapter 5, Shawn notes that his father has been a public figure because of the poem he writes about Shawn. Name three things that fame brings to Shawn's father.
7. What does the encounter with the crow reveal to Shawn's father, and what thought occurs to him?
8. How does Shawn describe the tests administered by the school psychologist?
9. When talking to her mother, how does Cindy explain her experience with the dog's death?
10. What does Lindy say to her friend Connie about her feelings toward Sydney's abandonment of the family?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)