|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cerebral palsy?
(a) A disease.
(b) An inability to control movement.
(c) An inability to vocalize.
(d) A condition.
2. How old is Shawn the first few times that his spirit leaves his body?
3. During the last time that Shawn's father feeds him, what happens?
(a) Shawn throws the spoon across the room.
(b) Shawn spits up formula on his father's shirt.
(c) Shawn coughs food into his father's face.
(d) Shawn's mother breaks dishes in the sink.
4. Faced with the crow, Dad compares Shawn's helplessness to what?
(a) A worm.
(b) A baby.
(c) A bug.
(d) A feather.
5. How old is Shawn when he learns to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shawn's father talk to him?
2. How does Mom try to comfort Cindy about the dog?
3. What does Shawn think about death?
4. In Chapter 8, what idea is more confusing to Shawn because he knows that his father loves him?
5. What does Shawn's father always do to Shawn when he comes to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cindy do when the dog is hit by a car?
2. What "techniques of making contact" does Shawn mention have not been tried on him?
3. What kinds of things is Shawn able to remember using his gift?
4. How does Sydney McDaniel support his argument that schools waste money educating the ineducable?
5. What does the encounter with the crow reveal to Shawn's father, and what thought occurs to him?
6. Why does Shawn need medicine to control the seizures?
7. How does Shawn describe his father?
8. How much control does Shawn have over his seizures?
9. Why does Shawn think that it is cool to live in Seattle?
10. How does Shawn describe the first signs that he will have a seizure?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)