|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Paul realize what he is doing with the lighter?
(a) When their mother opens the back door.
(b) When the lighter fails to ignite.
(c) When Cindy screams in his face.
(d) When Shawn goes into a seizure.
2. What seems to fall off of the computer screen in Chapter 14?
(a) A feather.
(b) A sticky note.
(c) A shadow.
3. When his father comes into Shawn's room, perhaps to kill him, how does Shawn feel?
4. When Shawn starts watching The Alice Ponds Show and Dad and Cindy come on the screen, what happens?
(a) Shawn has a large seizure and cannot focus on the interview.
(b) The show is interrupted by a special news report about Earl Detraux.
(c) Shawn has a small seizure and cannot focus on the interview.
(d) The electricity goes off.
5. How far away from Cindy and her friends is Shawn usually sitting before he is put to bed?
(a) Close enough to hear all but whispered secrets.
(b) One room away.
(c) Fifteen feet away.
(d) All answers are correct.
6. What does the reader know for sure Vonda has in her purse?
(b) A cell phone.
(c) Shawn's father's book.
(d) Nail polish.
7. Cindy says something on the Alice Ponds Show that Paul calls "classic." What does she say?
(a) I'd be lost without him.
(b) Which brother?
(c) Do I know you?
(d) I go there often.
8. What happens at the very end of chapter 16?
(a) Shawn's father turns away.
(b) Shawn's father lifts the pillow.
(c) Shawn has a seizure.
(d) Shawn leaves his body.
9. What shocks Shawn while he is dreaming about the angels?
(a) That he can hear his own voice.
(b) That his father sees him.
(c) That his father thinks he is an angel.
(d) That he and his father are actually talking.
10. According to Shawn, how often does Shawn visit his father's house?
(a) Many times during his seizure travels.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once when he is four.
11. What are the two ruffians asking about for when they threaten Shawn?
(b) The bus.
12. What room do Cindy and her friends sleep in when there is a sleepover?
(a) The family room.
(b) Cindy's room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The guest room.
13. What does Cindy call Earl Detraux?
(a) A mad scientist.
(b) A crazed publicity seeker.
(c) A selfish, self centered creep.
(d) A monster.
14. What does Shawn explain at the end of the angel dream?
(a) I don't want to be an angel!
(b) Angels aren't real!
(c) I don't want to die!
(d) I am not an angel!
15. What is Shawn's bed like at home?
(a) An electric hospital bed.
(b) A toddler bed in the shape of a race car.
(c) An oversized crib.
(d) A steel crib.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul gets on the bus with his teammates to go to what destination?
2. What does Shawn's father say he did, night after night, when Shawn was born?
3. In Chapter 13, to whom does Shawn's dad say that he is not interested in taking the wheelchair for a ride?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Paul give Shawn while his mother is not looking?
5. What item is not in Shawn's father's bedroom?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)