|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shawn interact with his mother while having an out-of-body experience?
(a) Shawn sits next to her at the beach.
(b) Shawn kisses her cheek.
(c) Shawn touches her hand and thanks her.
(d) Shawn yells in her ear.
2. Shawn thinks that his father does love him, although he is freaked out by what?
(a) His inability to control his bowels and bladder.
(b) His drooling and head bobbing.
(c) His inability to talk and respond.
(d) Shawn's condition and seizures.
3. Chapter 1 is written from what point of view ?
(b) Third person.
(c) The psychologist's.
4. What color are the dog's eyes?
5. What phrase is still confusing to Shawn?
(a) Kitty Hawk.
(b) Car wash.
(c) Door bell.
(d) Keep on trucking.
6. According to Chapter 1, what is Bell Town?
(a) A store where Sean buys CDs and DVDs.
(b) A hangout a mile from Shawn's home.
(c) A hangout next to the Space Needle.
(d) The unofficial former Grunge Capital of the universe.
7. Why does Shawn say that he loves his seizures?
(a) He is being sarcastic.
(b) They are reality.
(c) They do not hurt.
(d) They made him famous.
8. What phrase is confusing to Shawn at first because of his lack of experience?
(a) Postal worker.
(b) Turkey dressing.
(c) Cigarette drag.
(d) Chicken soup.
9. When first describing the Severely/Profoundly Handicapped Special Education Program that he attends, how does Shawn describe the class?
(a) A refuge.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A circus.
(d) A zoo.
10. How old is Becky, one of the teacher assistants?
11. In Chapter 6 Shawn describes his seizures as being like what?
(a) A dream.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) An adventure movie.
(d) A miracle.
12. What does Dad think the crow might do to Shawn?
(a) Infect him with disease.
(b) Give him lice.
(c) Leave droppings on his clothes.
(d) Peck his eyes out.
13. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
(a) Because his hospital roommate died when he was seven.
(b) He had seen people "die" on television.
(c) He had read books in which people died and he has a good imagination.
(d) Because he heard his mother describe he death of a relative.
14. Shawn values the experience of having seizures so much that he would trade what in order to continue having seizures?
(a) The lives of his immediate family.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) His special gift.
(d) His wheelchair.
15. From what does the seizure medicine protect Shawn?
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Muscle spasms.
(d) Broken bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Shawn's parents explain to their friends "a trillion times?"
2. How much money does Sydney McDaniel claim it takes to educate each ineducable child in Seattle?
3. Which classroom staff members at the school does Shawn like the best?
4. What does Shawn consider the bad part of his seizures?
5. What does Shawn's father always do to Shawn when he comes to visit?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)