|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the school district send out a school psychologist each year?
(a) Because Shawn must pass the test before being promoted.
(b) Because Shawn is diagnosed as psychologically damaged.
(c) To satisfy the standardized test requirement.
(d) To administer tests to Shawn for IEPs.
2. In Shawn's opinion, the fame of the poem turned his father into a professional what?
(a) Talk show guest.
3. What does Dad think the crow might do to Shawn?
(a) Give him lice.
(b) Infect him with disease.
(c) Leave droppings on his clothes.
(d) Peck his eyes out.
4. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 8, what is the main question being asked?
(a) Why is this happening?
(b) What is wrong?
(c) Who is in there?
(d) How long must we wait?
5. What can really bum out Shawn sometimes?
(a) Feeling sorry for himself.
(b) Being unable to communicate.
(c) Being talked to like a newborn baby.
(d) Thinking about how his condition affects his family.
6. When Shawn has an "autonomic, uncontrollable systemic reflex" during a seizure, what is Shawn doing?
(a) Contracting his muscles.
(c) Breathing rapidly.
7. What is Shawn's good news?
(a) All anwers are correct.
(b) He has a gift.
(c) He has siblings who are pretty cool.
(d) He lives in a cool city.
8. What kind of prize does his father win?
9. During the premiere reading of the poem, where is Shawn sitting?
(a) In the living room.
(b) Next to his father.
(c) Next to his mother.
(d) In the kitchen.
10. When first describing the Severely/Profoundly Handicapped Special Education Program that he attends, how does Shawn describe the class?
(a) A refuge.
(b) A circus.
(c) A zoo.
(d) An oasis.
11. Why does Shawn say that he doesn't really have a body?
(a) Because he has never been able to see what he looks like.
(b) Because his life has always just been in his head.
(c) Because his body doesn't work right.
(d) Because he has cerebral palsy.
12. How many talk shows does Sydney appear on because of the poem?
13. How old is Becky, one of the teacher assistants?
14. In Chapter 5, during the "amazingly loud" applause, who flinches?
(a) The young waiter.
(b) The reporter.
15. What sensory experiences does Shawn remember as they drive away from the scene of the accident?
(a) The feeling of leather straps and dampness, and the sound of rain.
(b) The feeling of the damp breeze and the sound of rain.
(c) The squeak of windshield wipers and the smell of burned oil and mud.
(d) The feeling of shock and fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what idea is more confusing to Shawn because he knows that his father loves him?
2. Chapter 1 is written from what point of view ?
3. Where does the crow land?
4. Where is Shawn the week before his father comes by the house?
5. According to the conversation that Lindy has with her friend Connie, what aspect of Shawn's condition bothers Sydney the most?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)