|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classroom staff members at the school does Shawn like the best?
(a) William and Mrs. Hare.
(b) Becky and Mrs. Hare.
(c) Mrs. Hare and the kitchen aid.
(d) William and Becky.
2. How old is Shawn when his father feeds him for the last time?
3. What sensory experiences does Shawn remember as they drive away from the scene of the accident?
(a) The feeling of shock and fear.
(b) The squeak of windshield wipers and the smell of burned oil and mud.
(c) The feeling of leather straps and dampness, and the sound of rain.
(d) The feeling of the damp breeze and the sound of rain.
4. What is Shawn's good news?
(a) He has siblings who are pretty cool.
(b) He has a gift.
(c) All anwers are correct.
(d) He lives in a cool city.
5. In the stanza of the poem at the beginning of Chapter 7, Shawn's expression is described as what?
(c) The same.
6. In Chapter 5 when Shawn's mother dresses him up, what does Shawn object to wearing?
(a) A bow tie.
(b) A white shirt.
(c) Dark slacks.
(d) Dress shoes.
7. What do Shawn's parents explain to their friends "a trillion times?"
(a) Something about Shawn that is only partially true.
(b) Something that is "stupid."
(c) About Shawn's test scores.
(d) About Shawn's I.Q.
8. What is Shawn's bad news?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Being born changed life for the whole family.
(c) He is a total "retardate."
(d) His parents got divorced because of him.
9. According to the conversation that Lindy has with her friend Connie, what aspect of Shawn's condition bothers Sydney the most?
(a) That Shawn's intelligence is so much lower than his own.
(b) That Shawn is their youngest child.
(c) That Shawn might be trapped inside himself.
(d) That Shawn does not resemble Sydney at all.
10. According to Chapter 1, what is Bell Town?
(a) A hangout next to the Space Needle.
(b) A hangout a mile from Shawn's home.
(c) A store where Sean buys CDs and DVDs.
(d) The unofficial former Grunge Capital of the universe.
11. What does Shawn try not to do too much?
(a) Complain about his reflexes.
(b) Think about what his mother says about him to others.
(c) Complain to himself.
(d) Think about being stuck at home.
12. What does Shawn think about the city in which he lives?
(a) It's not sunny enough.
(b) It's wild to live near so many sports teams.
(c) It's cool beyond belief.
(d) It's too rainy.
13. Where does the crow land?
(a) On the telephone line in the alley behind the house.
(b) On the railing under the overhanging branches.
(c) On Shawn's spare wheelchair.
(d) On the rear-view mirror on his father's car.
14. How does Shawn interact with his father while having an out-of-body experience?
(a) Shawn sits next to him at the beach.
(b) Shawn kisses him on the cheek.
(c) Shawn yells in his ear.
(d) Shawn touches his hand and thanks him.
15. Why does Shawn say that he loves his seizures?
(a) They are reality.
(b) He is being sarcastic.
(c) They do not hurt.
(d) They made him famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the dog's eyes?
2. How old is Shawn when his gift first starts?
3. Why is Dad enraged and fearful after the experience with the crow?
4. What does Shawn consider the bad part of his seizures?
5. How long ago was the premiere reading of the poem that was written about Shawn?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)