|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shawn, Cindy, and Paul all know what when it comes to their father?
(a) He is too cowardly to ever hurt Shawn.
(b) Their father is absent much of the time so there is little motivation for him to kill Shawn.
(c) No one can protect Shawn from him.
(d) Paul is stronger then his father, so Shawn is safe.
2. Why is Shawn glad that Ally leaves before he got up?
(a) So she will not see him eating breakfast.
(b) So he can remember how she appears in his dream.
(c) Because he knows that the sooner she leaves the sooner she will return.
(d) Because no guests means uninterrupted one-on-one time with his mother.
3. What word or concept is confusing to Shawn until he sees it written out?
(d) Bow legged.
4. What does Shawn think about the city in which he lives?
(a) It's not sunny enough.
(b) It's cool beyond belief.
(c) It's too rainy.
(d) It's wild to live near so many sports teams.
5. What gives Shawn a chill as his father is leaving his classroom after filming footage for the PBS Special?
(a) A sudden gust of cold air.
(b) The words, "...end his pain."
(c) A screeching bird that files in through the window.
(d) Something in his father's expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Paul give Shawn while his mother is not looking?
2. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
3. Where is Shawn the week before his father comes by the house?
4. What kind of tournament is Paul entering with his teammates?
5. Who believes that kids like Shawn and their families need more than the Special Olympics?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)