|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 7 when Shawn and his father are right in front of the camera?
(a) The cameraman trips over one of the ambulatory students.
(b) Shawn has a seizure.
(c) His father notices Shawn nuzzling Becky.
(d) Shawn falls out of his wheelchair.
2. How many people attend the premiere reading of the poem?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
3. According to the interview of Earl Detraux on the Alice Ponds Show, what is his quality of life like currently?
(a) His life is in shambles because his wife left him.
(b) His life is somewhat like Scout camp.
(c) His life is fine as long as other people stay out of his way.
(d) His life is meaningless without his son.
4. What does Shawn try not to do too much?
(a) Think about what his mother says about him to others.
(b) Complain about his reflexes.
(c) Think about being stuck at home.
(d) Complain to himself.
5. In Chapter 8, what idea is more confusing to Shawn because he knows that his father loves him?
(a) That his father divorced his mother.
(b) That his father might kill him without being sure it is the right thing to do.
(c) That his father left the family.
(d) That his father makes money from being his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. While making the PBS Special at Shawn's classroom, Sydney McDaniel claims that people will not place ineducable children where?
2. Who flies to Los Angeles to appear on The Alice Ponds Show?
3. In Shawn's opinion, the fame of the poem turned his father into a professional what?
4. What does Cindy call Earl Detraux?
5. In the interview when Alice Ponds mentions voluntary euthanasia, what is she implying?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)