|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While making the PBS Special at Shawn's classroom, Sydney McDaniel claims that people will not place ineducable children where?
(a) Impersonal group homes or institutions.
(b) Expensive hospitals.
(c) Low quality foster care.
(d) Expensive hospices.
2. What control does Shawn have over his body?
(a) Shawn can bounce his head.
(b) Shawn can control his left finger and tap out Morse code.
(c) Shawn cannot control any of his muscles or functions.
(d) Shawn can control his eyes.
3. What is Shawn's good news?
(a) He lives in a cool city.
(b) He has a gift.
(c) He has siblings who are pretty cool.
(d) All anwers are correct.
4. What do Cindy's friends do in front of Shawn that he sees as a "silver lining?"
(a) When they include him in conversations, they shout at him.
(b) They act as though Shawn is blind and deaf.
(c) They make sure to whisper their most private secrets so he cannot hear.
(d) They romp in the next room.
5. According to the discussion between Shawn's parents the last time that Shawn's father feeds him, who does not believe in God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
2. At the premiere reading of the poem, who is referred to as "Bing-Bong"?
3. What is newsworthy about Collin?
4. When first describing the Severely/Profoundly Handicapped Special Education Program that he attends, how does Shawn describe the class?
5. Why is Shawn glad that Ally leaves before he got up?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)