|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shawn values the experience of having seizures so much that he would trade what in order to continue having seizures?
(a) The lives of his immediate family.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) His special gift.
(d) His wheelchair.
2. What does Shawn think about death?
(a) Death is a big fat nothing.
(b) Death is peaceful.
(c) Death will put him out of his misery.
(d) Death is the exactly the opposite of of what Cindy says it is.
3. What allows Shawn to witness the dog's moment of death?
(a) The angle of the open door of the van.
(b) The front windshield wipers clear the glass.
(c) Cindy picks up the dog.
(d) The side window clears for a second.
4. How does Shawn interact with his father while having an out-of-body experience?
(a) Shawn touches his hand and thanks him.
(b) Shawn sits next to him at the beach.
(c) Shawn kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Shawn yells in his ear.
5. While making the PBS Special at Shawn's classroom, Sydney McDaniel claims that people will not place ineducable children where?
(a) Low quality foster care.
(b) Expensive hospices.
(c) Expensive hospitals.
(d) Impersonal group homes or institutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can really bum out Shawn sometimes?
2. What happens in Chapter 7 when Shawn and his father are right in front of the camera?
3. What does Cindy do when the dog is hit by the car?
4. What is Shawn's bad news?
5. When Shawn has an "autonomic, uncontrollable systemic reflex" during a seizure, what is Shawn doing?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)