|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Shawn's eyes tend to focus on?
(a) What's visible through a window.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) A smudge on the wall.
(d) Books left open.
2. What do Shawn's parents explain to their friends "a trillion times?"
(a) About Shawn's I.Q.
(b) Something about Shawn that is only partially true.
(c) Something that is "stupid."
(d) About Shawn's test scores.
3. Why does Shawn get confused about some aspects and experiences of life?
(a) Because his brain injury causes hallucinations sometimes.
(b) Because he cannot turn his head voluntarily.
(c) Because hearing about things is not as informative as experiencing things yourself.
(d) Because his family shelters him intentionally.
4. What does Shawn think about death?
(a) Death is peaceful.
(b) Death is a big fat nothing.
(c) Death will put him out of his misery.
(d) Death is the exactly the opposite of of what Cindy says it is.
5. Where is Shawn the week before his father comes by the house?
(a) Shawn is on the back deck of the house.
(b) Shawn is in the backyard.
(c) Shawn is in the living room.
(d) Shawn is in the television room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paul?
2. Shawn values the experience of having seizures so much that he would trade what in order to continue having seizures?
3. Faced with the crow, Dad compares Shawn's helplessness to what?
4. What phrase is confusing to Shawn at first because of his lack of experience?
5. What allows Shawn to witness the dog's moment of death?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)