|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shawn hear as they first drive off in the van after the accident?
(a) A siren.
(c) The crunch of gravel.
2. What does Mom say to Cindy when she gets back in the van?
(a) I believe in life after death.
(b) Your t-shirt is ruined.
(c) That car left the scene of the accident.
(d) I'm sorry you had to see this.
3. What does Shawn not know at the time that he sees the dog killed?
(a) That his father might be planning his own death.
(b) That death is painless.
(c) That there is an afterlife.
(d) That death is a part of the cycle of life.
4. What phrase is confusing to Shawn at first because of his lack of experience?
(a) Postal worker.
(b) Cigarette drag.
(c) Turkey dressing.
(d) Chicken soup.
5. What is the pain that Dad speaks of wanting to end for Shawn?
(a) The pain of grand mal seizures.
(b) The pain of knowing a loveless life.
(c) The pain of muscle spasms.
(d) The pain associated with bleeding in the brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sensory experiences does Shawn remember as they drive away from the scene of the accident?
2. Why does Shawn say that he loves his seizures?
3. In Chapter 6 Shawn describes his seizures as being like what?
4. What does Cindy do when the dog is hit by the car?
5. How many times has Shawn's father said his name aloud in his presence?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)