|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pain that Dad speaks of wanting to end for Shawn?
(a) The pain of grand mal seizures.
(b) The pain associated with bleeding in the brain.
(c) The pain of knowing a loveless life.
(d) The pain of muscle spasms.
2. What does Shawn think about the city in which he lives?
(a) It's too rainy.
(b) It's wild to live near so many sports teams.
(c) It's not sunny enough.
(d) It's cool beyond belief.
3. What does Dad throw at the crow?
(a) A glass of iced tea.
(b) A bucket of ice cubes.
(c) A paperback book.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What can be frustrating to Shawn?
(a) Being trapped inside a useless body.
(b) That he is pretty sure his father is planning to kill him.
(c) His reflexes.
(d) Being talked to like a newborn baby.
5. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
(a) Because his hospital roommate died when he was seven.
(b) He had read books in which people died and he has a good imagination.
(c) He had seen people "die" on television.
(d) Because he heard his mother describe he death of a relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy do when the dog is hit by the car?
2. What does Mom say to Cindy when she gets back in the van?
3. What is Shawn's good news?
4. What can really bum out Shawn sometimes?
5. What is cerebral palsy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)