|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shawn's gift?
(a) Total recall of everything he hears.
(b) The ability to "see" music.
(c) Perfect pitch.
(d) Acute hearing.
2. What does Shawn not know at the time that he sees the dog killed?
(a) That death is a part of the cycle of life.
(b) That death is painless.
(c) That there is an afterlife.
(d) That his father might be planning his own death.
3. What control does Shawn have over his body?
(a) Shawn can bounce his head.
(b) Shawn can control his left finger and tap out Morse code.
(c) Shawn can control his eyes.
(d) Shawn cannot control any of his muscles or functions.
4. Who teaches Shawn to read?
(a) Shawn's father.
(b) Shawn's mother.
5. What does Shawn hear as they first drive off in the van after the accident?
(a) The crunch of gravel.
(d) A siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Shawn when his gift first starts?
2. What sensory experiences does Shawn remember as they drive away from the scene of the accident?
3. Who is Paul?
4. According to Chapter 1, what is Bell Town?
5. Who is Cindy?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)