|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shawn's bad news?
(a) His parents got divorced because of him.
(b) Being born changed life for the whole family.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He is a total "retardate."
2. What does Mom say to Cindy when she gets back in the van?
(a) I'm sorry you had to see this.
(b) Your t-shirt is ruined.
(c) That car left the scene of the accident.
(d) I believe in life after death.
3. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
(a) Because he heard his mother describe he death of a relative.
(b) He had seen people "die" on television.
(c) Because his hospital roommate died when he was seven.
(d) He had read books in which people died and he has a good imagination.
4. Why does Shawn get confused about some aspects and experiences of life?
(a) Because hearing about things is not as informative as experiencing things yourself.
(b) Because he cannot turn his head voluntarily.
(c) Because his family shelters him intentionally.
(d) Because his brain injury causes hallucinations sometimes.
5. According to Chapter 1, what is Bell Town?
(a) A hangout next to the Space Needle.
(b) A hangout a mile from Shawn's home.
(c) The unofficial former Grunge Capital of the universe.
(d) A store where Sean buys CDs and DVDs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the school district send out a school psychologist each year?
2. What does Shawn hear as they first drive off in the van after the accident?
3. What does Shawn try not to do too much?
4. Who is Paul?
5. How does Mom try to comfort Cindy about the dog?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)