|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can really bum out Shawn sometimes?
(a) Thinking about how his condition affects his family.
(b) Being unable to communicate.
(c) Feeling sorry for himself.
(d) Being talked to like a newborn baby.
2. What are the two ruffians asking about for when they threaten Shawn?
(a) The bus.
3. In Chapter 12, what is Paul's punishment?
(a) Weeding the rock garden.
(b) No allowance for a week.
(c) Revocation of driving privileges.
4. What gives Shawn a chill as his father is leaving his classroom after filming footage for the PBS Special?
(a) Something in his father's expression.
(b) A sudden gust of cold air.
(c) A screeching bird that files in through the window.
(d) The words, "...end his pain."
5. During the doozy of a seizure that Shawn has during the Alice Ponds Show, what does Shawn experience?
(a) Confusion and angst.
(b) Pure joy.
(c) Absolute peace.
(d) Abject terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is not in Shawn's father's bedroom?
2. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 11, what is the overriding image or message?
3. In Chapter 8, what idea is more confusing to Shawn because he knows that his father loves him?
4. In the dream in Chapter 14, where does Shawn hide?
5. In Shawn's memory of Christmas when he is six years old, what are Cindy and Paul doing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)