|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dad enraged and fearful after the experience with the crow?
(a) Because the crow may induce a seizure in Shawn.
(b) Because he realizes that Shawn is helpless and impossible to protect.
(c) Because his ex-wife left Shawn alone with him.
(d) Because it is humiliating to have to be afraid of a crow.
2. What does Shawn's father always do to Shawn when he comes to visit?
(a) Makes Shawn sit up straighter in his wheelchair.
(b) Bends his thumbs backward.
(c) Brings a vanilla cookie.
(d) Reads the first stanza of the award-winning poem.
3. Who is Paul?
(a) Shawn's middle brother.
(b) Shawn's younger brother.
(c) Shawn's older brother.
(d) Shawn's cousin.
4. How old is Shawn when his gift first starts?
(a) Six or seven
(b) Five or six.
(c) Three or Four.
(d) Nine or ten.
5. In Chapter 5, during the "amazingly loud" applause, who flinches?
(b) The reporter.
(c) The young waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. While making the PBS Special at Shawn's classroom, Sydney McDaniel claims that people will not place ineducable children where?
2. What does Shawn do at the Pacific Science Center when he is eight?
3. In the first verse of the poem that Sydney writes, what animal does he use to refer to Shawn?
4. Who is initially confused in the dream about the angels?
5. Shawn, Cindy, and Paul all know what when it comes to their father?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)