|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faced with the crow, Dad compares Shawn's helplessness to what?
(a) A feather.
(b) A bug.
(c) A baby.
(d) A worm.
2. What does Mom say to Cindy when she gets back in the van?
(a) I'm sorry you had to see this.
(b) I believe in life after death.
(c) That car left the scene of the accident.
(d) Your t-shirt is ruined.
3. How many people attend the premiere reading of the poem?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
4. What does Dad think the crow might do to Shawn?
(a) Give him lice.
(b) Leave droppings on his clothes.
(c) Infect him with disease.
(d) Peck his eyes out.
5. Why did Shawn think that he understood what death looked like before the dog died?
(a) Because his hospital roommate died when he was seven.
(b) Because he heard his mother describe he death of a relative.
(c) He had seen people "die" on television.
(d) He had read books in which people died and he has a good imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shawn's good news?
2. Why does Shawn say that he loves his seizures?
3. What phrase is confusing to Shawn at first because of his lack of experience?
4. What does Shawn hear as they first drive off in the van after the accident?
5. What color are the dog's eyes?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)