|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shawn feel after meeting Ally?
(b) Hot and tingling.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) His stomach aches.
2. According to the discussion between Shawn's parents the last time that Shawn's father feeds him, who does not believe in God?
3. How does Shawn interact with his father while having an out-of-body experience?
(a) Shawn yells in his ear.
(b) Shawn sits next to him at the beach.
(c) Shawn touches his hand and thanks him.
(d) Shawn kisses him on the cheek.
4. What is the pain that Dad speaks of wanting to end for Shawn?
(a) The pain associated with bleeding in the brain.
(b) The pain of knowing a loveless life.
(c) The pain of muscle spasms.
(d) The pain of grand mal seizures.
5. In Chapter 6 Shawn describes his seizures as being like what?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A dream.
(d) An adventure movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is confusing to Shawn at first because of his lack of experience?
2. What do Cindy's friends do in front of Shawn that he sees as a "silver lining?"
3. What room do Cindy and her friends sleep in when there is a sleepover?
4. In Chapter 8, Shawn says that his father's books, poems, newspaper and magazine articles and his job teaching literature at college always made him think of his father as what?
5. From what does the seizure medicine protect Shawn?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)