|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shawn try not to do too much?
(a) Complain to himself.
(b) Think about what his mother says about him to others.
(c) Complain about his reflexes.
(d) Think about being stuck at home.
2. How old is Shawn when he learns to read?
3. Shawn thinks that his father does love him, although he is freaked out by what?
(a) His inability to control his bowels and bladder.
(b) His inability to talk and respond.
(c) His drooling and head bobbing.
(d) Shawn's condition and seizures.
4. How does Shawn's father talk to him?
(a) He shouts as though Shawn is deaf.
(b) He talks to him in an age-appropriate way, but then laughs as though at a joke.
(c) He speaks in baby-talk.
(d) He does not talk to Shawn directly.
5. How far away from Cindy and her friends is Shawn usually sitting before he is put to bed?
(a) Fifteen feet away.
(b) One room away.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Close enough to hear all but whispered secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the discussion between Shawn's parents the last time that Shawn's father feeds him, who does not believe in God?
2. What control does Shawn have over his body?
3. What word or concept is confusing to Shawn until he sees it written out?
4. According to the conversation that Lindy has with her friend Connie, what aspect of Shawn's condition bothers Sydney the most?
5. From what does the seizure medicine protect Shawn?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)