|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 8, what is the main question being asked?
(a) How long must we wait?
(b) Why is this happening?
(c) What is wrong?
(d) Who is in there?
2. What word or concept is confusing to Shawn until he sees it written out?
(b) Bow legged.
3. What are Shawn's main teachers in life?
(a) His parents.
(b) The television, car radio, overheard conversations, and reading.
(c) His siblings.
(d) Special education teachers.
4. What happens when Shawn awakens from a seizure?
(a) He sees light blue swirls.
(b) He sees red swirls.
(c) His spirit is forced back inside his body.
(d) He has a crackling feeling.
5. From what does the seizure medicine protect Shawn?
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Broken bones.
(d) Muscle spasms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shawn's mother describe Sydney to Connie?
2. Why is Dad enraged and fearful after the experience with the crow?
3. How far away from Cindy and her friends is Shawn usually sitting before he is put to bed?
4. Who teaches Shawn to read?
5. When Shawn's mother has coffee with her friend Connie and they talk about his father leaving, where is Shawn?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)