|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crow do that startles Shawn and his father?
(a) It caws loudly.
(b) It flaps its wings menacingly.
(c) It flies overhead.
(d) It picks up a cube of ice.
2. What does Shawn's father always do to Shawn when he comes to visit?
(a) Makes Shawn sit up straighter in his wheelchair.
(b) Reads the first stanza of the award-winning poem.
(c) Bends his thumbs backward.
(d) Brings a vanilla cookie.
3. In Chapter 8, Shawn says that his father's books, poems, newspaper and magazine articles and his job teaching literature at college always made him think of his father as what?
4. In Chapter 12, while Shawn is outside on the front porch, what is the origin of the strong smell of fumes?
(a) The van.
(b) A cigarette lighter.
(c) The grill.
5. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 8, what is the main question being asked?
(a) Who is in there?
(b) How long must we wait?
(c) What is wrong?
(d) Why is this happening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad throw at the crow?
2. In Chapter 12, what is Paul's punishment?
3. What does Dad think the crow might do to Shawn?
4. In Chapter 8, what do the doctors say is "almost impossible?"
5. What kind of prize does his father win?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)