|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the crow land?
(a) On the rear-view mirror on his father's car.
(b) On the railing under the overhanging branches.
(c) On the telephone line in the alley behind the house.
(d) On Shawn's spare wheelchair.
2. In Chapter 12, what is Paul's punishment?
(a) Weeding the rock garden.
(b) Revocation of driving privileges.
(c) No allowance for a week.
3. How does Shawn's mother describe Sydney to Connie?
(a) As a wonderful teacher without patience.
(b) As cowardly and weak.
(c) As a prize-winning journalist narcissist.
(d) As a literary genius who has issues.
4. What does the crow do that startles Shawn and his father?
(a) It caws loudly.
(b) It flaps its wings menacingly.
(c) It picks up a cube of ice.
(d) It flies overhead.
5. What kind of prize does his father win?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fight, who tells the strangers that they need to leave the yard?
2. How old is Shawn when his father feeds him for the last time?
3. Faced with the crow, Dad compares Shawn's helplessness to what?
4. In Chapter 12, while Shawn is outside on the front porch, what is the origin of the strong smell of fumes?
5. In Chapter 8, what idea is more confusing to Shawn because he knows that his father loves him?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)