|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the doozy of a seizure that Shawn has during the Alice Ponds Show, what does Shawn experience?
(a) Absolute peace.
(b) Abject terror.
(c) Confusion and angst.
(d) Pure joy.
2. Shawn, Cindy, and Paul all know what when it comes to their father?
(a) Paul is stronger then his father, so Shawn is safe.
(b) Their father is absent much of the time so there is little motivation for him to kill Shawn.
(c) He is too cowardly to ever hurt Shawn.
(d) No one can protect Shawn from him.
3. In the stanza of the poem that opens Chapter 8, what is the main question being asked?
(a) What is wrong?
(b) Who is in there?
(c) How long must we wait?
(d) Why is this happening?
4. What do the ruffians do to Shawn?
(a) They squirt him with a hose.
(b) They stab the tires of his wheelchair.
(c) They burn him.
(d) They dump him out of his wheelchair.
5. How many times has Shawn's father said his name aloud in his presence?
(a) Six times.
(b) Ninety-six times.
(c) Twenty-six times.
(d) Sixteen times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Paul being punished for?
2. Cindy says something on the Alice Ponds Show that Paul calls "classic." What does she say?
3. During the last time that Shawn's father feeds him, what happens?
4. How does Shawn's mother describe Sydney to Connie?
5. Faced with the crow, Dad compares Shawn's helplessness to what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)