|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shirley hurt Rose's feelings?
(a) Shirley tells her that Sam only sees a pretty face in Rose.
(b) Shirley tells Rose she is not smart enough for Sam.
(c) Sam will soon forget her.
(d) Sam only likes her because there is no one else.
2. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) That is what she is hoping.
(b) What he says is not true.
(c) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(d) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
3. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
(a) She is thinking about converting to Judaism.
(b) She is going to a Jewish wedding.
(c) The funeral that she will be attending today takes place in a synagogue.
(d) She is curious about his faith.
4. What does Sam think about God?
(a) God is unkind.
(b) God has forgotten him.
(c) God is just a superstition.
(d) God is the God of Israel and no one else.
5. Where does Mr. Easter suggest they go after the funeral?
(a) A movie.
(b) The beach.
(c) To dinner.
(d) Into the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant have just enough strength to do?
2. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
3. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
4. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
5. What was done with Sam's mother's body?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)