|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
(a) She has been at work all night.
(b) She has been helping Mrs. Buchanan nearly all night.
(c) She has had to deal with her moody husband.
(d) She did not sleep well.
2. What happens after another shot is heard?
(a) Mrs. Maurrant jumps out the window.
(b) Mr. Maurrant runs out of the building.
(c) The marshal yells for someone to get an ambulance.
(d) The neighbors rush into the apartment.
3. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
(a) To back away.
(b) To go back home.
(c) Mr. Maurrant is about to run out of the building.
(d) To get help.
4. From where has Mr. Buchanan just got back?
(a) Getting medicine for his wife.
(b) Visiting his mother.
(c) The grocery store.
5. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
(a) No one pays attention to her.
(b) Everyone stares at her in shock.
(c) Everyone rushes to get an ambulance.
(d) Someone tells her to be quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
2. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
3. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
4. Why is Rose surprised when Shirley tells her that it will be several years before Sam is ready to care for a family?
5. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)