|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
(a) Sam trips.
(b) He pushes Sam aside.
(c) He yells at Sam.
(d) He dodges Sam.
2. About what does Shirley want to tell Rose?
(a) Her school.
(b) Her new boyfriend.
(c) Her brother, Sam.
(d) Her summer courses.
3. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
(a) Find a way to have her own freedom.
(b) Give Mr. Maurrant everything he has wanted and be a good wife.
(c) Be happy with what she is given.
(d) Have hope.
4. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Buchanan.
5. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
(a) They heard there was a break-in.
(b) They are doing a routine patrol of the streets.
(c) They are looking for Mr. Maurrant.
(d) They have a dispossess warrant for Mrs. Hildebrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred find when he arrives?
2. What is noticeable about Mr. Jones, the next morning?
3. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
4. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
5. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)