|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
(a) He sees Rose walking down the street.
(b) He sees his wife and Mr. Sankey walking down the street.
(c) When he realizes that the shades are drawn to his apartment.
(d) He loses his train of thought.
2. What is heard throughout the scene?
(a) The piano being played by one of Lippo's students.
(b) Factory noises.
(c) Birds chirping.
(d) Traffic noise.
3. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A scream.
(c) A gasp.
(d) A gun shot.
4. Why can the Hildebrands not pay the rent?
(a) The rent has increased.
(b) Their father left.
(c) Mrs. Hildebrand lost her job.
(d) Mrs. Hildebrand has left.
5. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
(a) Economic and social policy.
(b) Natural disasters.
(c) Unkind people.
(d) God's wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
2. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
3. What happens after another shot is heard?
4. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
5. What was done with Sam's mother's body?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)