|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
(a) They are looking for Mr. Maurrant.
(b) They heard there was a break-in.
(c) They are doing a routine patrol of the streets.
(d) They have a dispossess warrant for Mrs. Hildebrand.
2. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
(a) He yells at Sam.
(b) He dodges Sam.
(c) Sam trips.
(d) He pushes Sam aside.
3. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
(a) No one pays attention to her.
(b) Everyone stares at her in shock.
(c) Someone tells her to be quiet.
(d) Everyone rushes to get an ambulance.
4. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
(a) It is bothering his arthritis.
(b) It is the hottest weather he has felt in many years.
(c) It is reminiscent of the weather in Italy where he grew up.
(d) It reminds him of the weather in Greece, where he grew up.
5. What was done with Sam's mother's body?
(a) She was cremated.
(b) She was buried in her native Jerusalem.
(c) She was buried.
(d) She cremated, and her ashes were spread out at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
2. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
3. What does Mr. Maurrant look like as he emerges from the building?
4. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
5. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)