|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Leave the building.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(d) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
2. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
(a) Mr. Maurrant is about to run out of the building.
(b) To get help.
(c) To back away.
(d) To go back home.
3. What does Mr. Maurrant look like as he emerges from the building?
(a) Surprised to see everyone standing there.
(c) His clothes are ripped and he is covered with blood.
(d) Unsure of what has just happened.
4. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Kaplan.
(c) Mr. Maurrant.
(d) Sam and Mrs. Maurrant.
5. What does Sam think about God?
(a) God is the God of Israel and no one else.
(b) God is just a superstition.
(c) God has forgotten him.
(d) God is unkind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter that sometimes she thinks?
2. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
3. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
4. What is heard throughout the scene?
5. What does Sam suggest that Rose and he both do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)