|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
(a) Give Mr. Maurrant everything he has wanted and be a good wife.
(b) Be happy with what she is given.
(c) Find a way to have her own freedom.
(d) Have hope.
2. What does Fred find when he arrives?
(a) Two dead women.
(b) A dead man.
(c) Two dead men.
(d) A dead woman.
3. What does Fred tell the crowd?
(a) Two men are dead in this apartment.
(b) A man has shot his wife and another man.
(c) Mrs. Maurrant and another woman are dead.
(d) The shots were a false alarm.
4. What happens after another shot is heard?
(a) Mrs. Maurrant jumps out the window.
(b) The marshal yells for someone to get an ambulance.
(c) Mr. Maurrant runs out of the building.
(d) The neighbors rush into the apartment.
5. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
(a) He pushes Sam aside.
(b) He yells at Sam.
(c) He dodges Sam.
(d) Sam trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Maurrant look like as he emerges from the building?
2. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
3. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
4. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
5. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)