|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
(a) When he realizes that the shades are drawn to his apartment.
(b) He loses his train of thought.
(c) He sees Rose walking down the street.
(d) He sees his wife and Mr. Sankey walking down the street.
2. What is Sam's reply when Rose asks what happened?
(a) He simply tells her that her mother is dead.
(b) He simply tells her that there was an accident and she should go away.
(c) He tells her that her mother was shot.
(d) He tells her that he does not know what happened.
3. What is noticeable about Mr. Jones, the next morning?
(a) He is in a bad mood.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is headed to work.
(d) He is up early.
4. What happens after another shot is heard?
(a) The neighbors rush into the apartment.
(b) The marshal yells for someone to get an ambulance.
(c) Mrs. Maurrant jumps out the window.
(d) Mr. Maurrant runs out of the building.
5. What does Fred find when he arrives?
(a) Two dead women.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A dead woman.
(d) Two dead men.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has Mr. Buchanan just got back?
2. What is Sam repeatedly trying to find out?
3. What does Sam do when Rose suggests running away?
4. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
5. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)