|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about God?
(a) God is the God of Israel and no one else.
(b) God is just a superstition.
(c) God has forgotten him.
(d) God is unkind.
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she needs in her life?
(a) More money.
(b) A miracle.
(c) More time to herself.
(d) Something that brings her joy.
3. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
(a) She is curious about his faith.
(b) The funeral that she will be attending today takes place in a synagogue.
(c) She is thinking about converting to Judaism.
(d) She is going to a Jewish wedding.
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
(a) She runs back into her apartment.
(b) She tells him to go home to his wife.
(c) Invites him upstairs.
(d) She gives him a kiss.
5. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
(a) A gasp.
(b) A scream.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
2. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
3. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
4. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
5. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)