|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
(a) By telling him that someone wants to put her on stage.
(b) By telling him she is going back home.
(c) By telling him she does not like him.
(d) By telling him she is moving to the country.
2. What happens after another shot is heard?
(a) The marshal yells for someone to get an ambulance.
(b) The neighbors rush into the apartment.
(c) Mr. Maurrant runs out of the building.
(d) Mrs. Maurrant jumps out the window.
3. What is noticeable about Mr. Jones, the next morning?
(a) He is headed to work.
(b) He is in a bad mood.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is up early.
4. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
(a) His milk is often spoiled.
(b) He is annoying.
(c) On account of all the talk from the neighbors.
(d) They do not need that much milk.
5. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
(a) She misinterprets it as Sam and Rose both feeling sorry for her.
(b) She does not trust Rose.
(c) She thinks Rose is trying to embarrass her.
(d) She does not believe Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
2. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
3. From where has Mr. Buchanan just got back?
4. Why can the Hildebrands not pay the rent?
5. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)