|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
(a) It is the hottest weather he has felt in many years.
(b) It is bothering his arthritis.
(c) It is reminiscent of the weather in Italy where he grew up.
(d) It reminds him of the weather in Greece, where he grew up.
2. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
(a) Some soup.
(b) A present.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Some tea.
3. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
(a) Someone tells her to be quiet.
(b) No one pays attention to her.
(c) Everyone stares at her in shock.
(d) Everyone rushes to get an ambulance.
4. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
(a) If people will still be poor.
(b) If life will still be so difficult.
(c) If people will still be mean to each other.
(d) If she will ever find happiness.
5. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
(a) He storms out of the building without talking to anyone.
(b) He instructs his wife in her duties for the day.
(c) He harasses his wife and accuses her of letting other men visit her.
(d) He greets everyone in the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
2. Where does Mr. Easter suggest they go after the funeral?
3. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter that sometimes she thinks?
5. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)