|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
(a) Natural disasters.
(b) God's wrath.
(c) Unkind people.
(d) Economic and social policy.
2. How does Shirley hurt Rose's feelings?
(a) Shirley tells Rose she is not smart enough for Sam.
(b) Sam will soon forget her.
(c) Shirley tells her that Sam only sees a pretty face in Rose.
(d) Sam only likes her because there is no one else.
3. What does Sam suggest that Rose and he both do?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Get married.
(c) End their lives together.
(d) Run away.
4. How can the audience see some of the activities of the apartment residents?
(a) Through their windows.
(b) They are performing their activities on the stoop.
(c) Small set are pulled to the front of the stage.
(d) The set opens up.
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A present for Mrs. Buchanan.
(c) The chicken.
(d) Candy for her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was done with Sam's mother's body?
2. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when her daughter implies that Mr. Maurrant may be more kind, if her mother would not have a relationship with someone outside this marriage?
3. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
4. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
5. What is heard throughout the scene?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)