|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
(a) She was not shot.
(b) She is still breathing.
(c) She has minor injuries.
(d) She is dead.
2. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
(a) His milk is often spoiled.
(b) He is annoying.
(c) On account of all the talk from the neighbors.
(d) They do not need that much milk.
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
(a) One month of no rent.
(b) The day off of work.
(c) A gift from his boss.
(d) A second job.
4. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
(a) Distract Sam in anyway.
(b) Hurt her feelings.
(c) Lead Sam on.
(d) Trick Sam into liking her.
5. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) That is what she is hoping.
(b) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
(c) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(d) What he says is not true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think about God?
2. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
3. How can the audience see some of the activities of the apartment residents?
4. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when Rose tells her that she tried to bring up the subject of them moving out of the city but Mr. Maurrant would not listen?
5. Who appears in one of the windows and greets Shirley and Rose?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)