|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
(a) He is annoying.
(b) They do not need that much milk.
(c) On account of all the talk from the neighbors.
(d) His milk is often spoiled.
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
(a) Give Mr. Maurrant everything he has wanted and be a good wife.
(b) Find a way to have her own freedom.
(c) Have hope.
(d) Be happy with what she is given.
3. Where does Mr. Easter suggest they go after the funeral?
(a) To dinner.
(b) The beach.
(c) A movie.
(d) Into the city.
4. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
(a) He harasses his wife and accuses her of letting other men visit her.
(b) He instructs his wife in her duties for the day.
(c) He greets everyone in the apartment.
(d) He storms out of the building without talking to anyone.
5. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
(a) Some soup.
(b) A present.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Some tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
2. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
3. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
4. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)