|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Some tea.
(c) A present.
(d) Some soup.
2. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
(a) Leave or enter the building.
(b) Wait for Mr. Maurrant to return.
(c) Go into the Maurrant's apartment.
(d) Stay outside.
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
(a) A second job.
(b) One month of no rent.
(c) A gift from his boss.
(d) The day off of work.
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
(a) Give Mr. Maurrant everything he has wanted and be a good wife.
(b) Have hope.
(c) Find a way to have her own freedom.
(d) Be happy with what she is given.
5. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Still sleeping.
(b) Beginning their day.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Coming in from work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard throughout the scene?
2. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
3. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
4. What forms in front of the building?
5. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)