|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when Rose tells her that she tried to bring up the subject of them moving out of the city but Mr. Maurrant would not listen?
(a) She knew he would not.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She decides she will talk to him.
(d) She is surprised he did not listen.
2. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Sam and Mrs. Maurrant.
(c) Mr. Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
3. What does Sam suggest that Rose and he both do?
(a) Get married.
(b) End their lives together.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Run away.
4. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
(b) What he says is not true.
(c) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(d) That is what she is hoping.
5. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(b) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Leave the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rose surprised when Shirley tells her that it will be several years before Sam is ready to care for a family?
2. About what does Shirley want to tell Rose?
3. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
5. From where has Mr. Buchanan just got back?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)