|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
(a) One month of no rent.
(b) A second job.
(c) A gift from his boss.
(d) The day off of work.
2. What does Sam suggest that Rose and he both do?
(a) End their lives together.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Run away.
3. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
(a) He goes down into the cellar with two men from the crowd.
(b) Calls for backup.
(c) Looks for the marshal and Fred.
(d) Goes into the Maurrant's apartment.
4. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
(b) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(c) That is what she is hoping.
(d) What he says is not true.
5. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) A gasp.
(c) A scream.
(d) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred find when he arrives?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
3. What is heard throughout the scene?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
5. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)