|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
(a) She is curious about his faith.
(b) She is going to a Jewish wedding.
(c) She is thinking about converting to Judaism.
(d) The funeral that she will be attending today takes place in a synagogue.
2. What is Sam's reply when Rose asks what happened?
(a) He tells her that he does not know what happened.
(b) He simply tells her that her mother is dead.
(c) He simply tells her that there was an accident and she should go away.
(d) He tells her that her mother was shot.
3. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
(a) Natural disasters.
(b) God's wrath.
(c) Unkind people.
(d) Economic and social policy.
4. What is Sam repeatedly trying to find out?
(a) If Mr. Sankey was in the apartment.
(b) If Rose was in the apartment.
(c) Where Willie is.
(d) Whether or not Mrs. Maurrant is still alive.
5. What does Mr. Kaplan say about all the young people?
(a) They are naive.
(b) They are so unhappy.
(c) They too serious.
(d) They need to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when her daughter implies that Mr. Maurrant may be more kind, if her mother would not have a relationship with someone outside this marriage?
2. What was done with Sam's mother's body?
3. What does Fred tell the crowd?
4. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
5. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)