|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
(a) She was not shot.
(b) She has minor injuries.
(c) She is still breathing.
(d) She is dead.
2. What is heard throughout the scene?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) The piano being played by one of Lippo's students.
(c) Traffic noise.
(d) Factory noises.
3. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
(a) She tells him to go home to his wife.
(b) She gives him a kiss.
(c) Invites him upstairs.
(d) She runs back into her apartment.
4. What forms in front of the building?
(a) A pool of blood.
(b) A bunch of tourists.
(c) A line of police officers.
(d) A crowd.
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
(a) Candy for her children.
(b) A present for Mrs. Buchanan.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) The chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
2. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
3. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
4. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
5. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)