|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Buchanan.
2. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
(a) Her family just got back from the movies.
(b) She is going to school with her brother.
(c) Her family is to be evicted from their apartment that afternoon.
(d) Her father has not returned.
3. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gasp.
4. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
(a) If life will still be so difficult.
(b) If she will ever find happiness.
(c) If people will still be mean to each other.
(d) If people will still be poor.
5. Why is Rose surprised when Shirley tells her that it will be several years before Sam is ready to care for a family?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She is just good friends with Sam.
(c) She will wait for Sam.
(d) She does not like Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred tell the crowd?
2. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
3. What happens after another shot is heard?
4. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
5. What does Fred find when he arrives?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)