|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
(a) She gives him a kiss.
(b) She tells him to go home to his wife.
(c) Invites him upstairs.
(d) She runs back into her apartment.
2. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
(a) Hurt her feelings.
(b) Lead Sam on.
(c) Trick Sam into liking her.
(d) Distract Sam in anyway.
3. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(d) Leave the building.
4. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
(a) Her brother is too busy to be having a girlfriend.
(b) Rose is not good enough for her brother.
(c) It is not good to get involved with someone so different from her.
(d) If Rose is not in love with Sam, she should leave him alone.
5. What does Sam do when Rose suggests running away?
(a) Sam tells her to run away alone.
(b) Sam suggests they run away together.
(c) He suggests they commit suicide instead.
(d) Sam tries to convince her to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
2. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
3. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
4. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
5. What happens after another shot is heard?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)