|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fred find when he arrives?
(a) Two dead men.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A dead woman.
(d) Two dead women.
2. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
(a) It is not good to get involved with someone so different from her.
(b) Rose is not good enough for her brother.
(c) If Rose is not in love with Sam, she should leave him alone.
(d) Her brother is too busy to be having a girlfriend.
3. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
(d) Leave the building.
4. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
(a) A present.
(b) Some tea.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Some soup.
5. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) What he says is not true.
(b) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
(c) That is what she is hoping.
(d) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
2. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
3. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
4. About what does Shirley want to tell Rose?
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)