|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
(a) Unkind people.
(b) God's wrath.
(c) Natural disasters.
(d) Economic and social policy.
2. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
(a) Two gunshots are heard.
(b) Mr. Sankey tries to jump out the window.
(c) Mr. Maurrant yells at Mr. Sankey.
(d) The window glass breaks.
3. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
(a) Stay outside.
(b) Go into the Maurrant's apartment.
(c) Wait for Mr. Maurrant to return.
(d) Leave or enter the building.
4. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
(a) They do not need that much milk.
(b) He is annoying.
(c) His milk is often spoiled.
(d) On account of all the talk from the neighbors.
5. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
(a) He sees Rose walking down the street.
(b) He sees his wife and Mr. Sankey walking down the street.
(c) When he realizes that the shades are drawn to his apartment.
(d) He loses his train of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after another shot is heard?
2. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
3. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
4. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
5. Why does Shirley tell Rose to stay away from her brother?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)