|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
(a) If life will still be so difficult.
(b) If people will still be mean to each other.
(c) If she will ever find happiness.
(d) If people will still be poor.
2. What is heard throughout the scene?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) Traffic noise.
(c) Factory noises.
(d) The piano being played by one of Lippo's students.
3. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
(a) She misinterprets it as Sam and Rose both feeling sorry for her.
(b) She does not believe Rose.
(c) She does not trust Rose.
(d) She thinks Rose is trying to embarrass her.
4. What forms in front of the building?
(a) A crowd.
(b) A pool of blood.
(c) A bunch of tourists.
(d) A line of police officers.
5. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
(a) They have a dispossess warrant for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(b) They heard there was a break-in.
(c) They are looking for Mr. Maurrant.
(d) They are doing a routine patrol of the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Rose suggests running away?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant do after she motions Mr. Sankey over to the window?
3. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
4. What is Sam repeatedly trying to find out?
5. What happens after another shot is heard?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)