|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Leave the building.
(b) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
2. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) That is what she is hoping.
(b) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
(c) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(d) What he says is not true.
3. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
(a) Mr. Kaplan.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Sam and Mrs. Maurrant.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
4. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
(a) He goes down into the cellar with two men from the crowd.
(b) Calls for backup.
(c) Looks for the marshal and Fred.
(d) Goes into the Maurrant's apartment.
5. What forms in front of the building?
(a) A line of police officers.
(b) A bunch of tourists.
(c) A pool of blood.
(d) A crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she needs in her life?
3. What is heard throughout the scene?
4. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
5. From where has Mr. Buchanan just got back?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)