|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Dance in the sidewalk.
(b) Play the violin.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Turn on the record player.
2. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) Or the whole building will be gossiping about her.
(c) It is getting late.
(d) Her father will be upset to see them together.
3. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
(a) The building is on fire.
(b) His wife is in labor.
(c) He forgot to buy groceries.
(d) He is chasing after his wife.
4. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
(a) They discuss the quality of the milk he sells.
(b) They disparage Mrs. Maurrant's character, one of them calling her a whore.
(c) They go back to their previous activities.
(d) They wonder why Mr. Sankey is at the apartment.
5. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) The government.
(b) A charity.
(c) A bank.
(d) Child and family services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
2. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
3. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
4. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
5. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
2. How does the scene begin? What are the movers and police doing?
3. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles in the world?
4. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
5. What does Mr. Easter ask a police officer? What is the reply?
6. How does the audience meet Shirley Kaplan?
7. How does Shirley sound like many teachers today?
8. What is a constant throughout the play? Why?
9. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
10. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)