|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
(a) Dancing around, inebriated.
(b) Sitting on the curb.
(c) Kissing on a bench.
(d) Sitting on the stoop.
2. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a bank.
(d) On stage.
3. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(c) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(d) He ignores her.
4. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) They embrace one another passionately.
(b) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(c) They are both timid and shy.
(d) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
5. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(b) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(c) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
(d) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
2. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
3. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
4. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
5. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Easter ask a police officer? What is the reply?
2. How does Shirley sound like many teachers today?
3. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
4. What are Rose's plans for the future?
5. What marriage advice does Lippo give to Rose?
6. Describe the set.
7. How does Mrs. Maurrant react when Mrs. Jones tells her not to let her daughter get involved with a Jew? Why does everyone insist she not date a Jew?
8. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
9. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
10. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)