|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(b) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(c) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
(d) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
2. What is the lighting on the stage?
(a) There is a bright light, reperesenting the sun.
(b) The lights in the home are on.
(c) The janitor's apartment windows are lit, as are those in the first floor. There is a red light coming from the demolition site.
(d) Streetlights run along stage left and stage right.
3. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) What is wrong with the young man.
(b) If he is available.
(c) Why he is not married.
(d) Why he seems to like Rose.
4. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(b) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(c) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(d) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
5. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
(b) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
(c) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
(d) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
2. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
3. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
4. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
5. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
2. How does Mrs. Maurrant react when Mrs. Jones tells her not to let her daughter get involved with a Jew? Why does everyone insist she not date a Jew?
3. How does the audience know Mr. Maurrant's personality immediately?
4. What does Rose say to cheer Sam up about the future?
5. What do the women do as soon as Mrs. Maurrant leaves and is out of ear shot?
6. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
7. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
8. What are two nursemaids doing?
9. How has Mr. Maurrant's mood worsened?
10. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)