|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Turn on the record player.
(c) Play the violin.
(d) Dance in the sidewalk.
2. Over what do they argue?
(a) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(b) Who is considered a foreigner.
(c) The history of the United States.
(d) Where foreigners should live.
3. What does Mr. Maurrant do when Willie appears, crying?
(a) He hugs his son.
(b) He yells at both his wife and son.
(c) He spanks his son.
(d) He leaves to go after whoever had hurt his son.
4. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
(b) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(c) They go to their respective homes.
(d) They sit quietly and watch.
5. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) Her father will be upset to see them together.
(c) It is getting late.
(d) Or the whole building will be gossiping about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
2. What has the country's heat wave caused?
3. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
4. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
5. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
2. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
3. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
4. How does the play end similarly to how it begins?
5. How is the audience's assumption about the weather verified?
6. What is evidence that life goes on?
7. What do the women do after they invite Mrs. Maurrant to visit?
8. What does Shirley tell Rose about her brother?
9. What is a constant throughout the play? Why?
10. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)