|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the country's heat wave caused?
(a) The deaths of six people in Chicago.
(b) Milk all around the country to spoil.
(c) Power outages all around the city.
(d) Sales in ice to rise drastically.
2. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
(a) He liked the type of music; it just was not played well.
(b) It was the best one he had ever been to.
(c) He enjoyed the music.
(d) He did not like the type of music that was played.
3. Why does Willie ask his mother for a dime?
(a) For a candybar.
(b) For an ice cream cone.
(c) For an icee.
(d) For a piece of gum.
4. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
(a) Everyone stops what they are doing.
(b) They ask where he is going.
(c) They continue as if he is not there.
(d) Everyone encourages him to join in.
5. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
(a) He is hugging Rose.
(b) He is sitting silently on the curb.
(c) He sits on the stoop sobbing and calls himself a coward.
(d) He is pacing the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
2. What is the lighting on the stage?
3. Why does the group begin to break up?
4. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
5. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
3. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
4. What do the women think of Agnes Cushing?
5. What do the women say about their older daughters?
6. How does Mrs. Jones continue to make racist remarks?
7. Describe Rose's exit.
8. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
9. On what does Rose blame her father's attitude? What is Mrs. Maurrant's reaction?
10. How does the audience know it is hot in this setting?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)