|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do they argue?
(a) Who is considered a foreigner.
(b) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(c) Where foreigners should live.
(d) The history of the United States.
2. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) They embrace one another passionately.
(b) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(c) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
(d) They are both timid and shy.
3. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
4. Upon what do the other women agree?
(a) Their older girls are never home.
(b) They love this neighborhood.
(c) They want to move out of New York City.
(d) Their families are annoying.
5. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a law professor at Yale.
(b) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
(c) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
(d) He is a music professor at NYU.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
2. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
3. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
4. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
5. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
2. How is the audience's assumption about the weather verified?
3. What marriage advice does Lippo give to Rose?
4. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
5. On what does Rose blame her father's attitude? What is Mrs. Maurrant's reaction?
6. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
7. What do the women do after they invite Mrs. Maurrant to visit?
8. What are two nursemaids doing?
9. How does the audience know that Mr. Sankey and Mrs. Maurrant are having an affair?
10. How does the audience know Mr. Maurrant's personality immediately?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)