|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
(a) The poor.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) New Yorkers.
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
(a) They get into a physical altercation.
(b) They get into an argument.
(c) They glare at one another.
(d) They have a heated debate.
3. How does Mr. Maurrant look when he arrives home?
4. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Sitting on the stoop crying.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(d) Walking into the apartment.
5. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(b) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(c) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
(d) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
2. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
3. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
4. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
5. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the others explain Mr. Maurrant's mood?
2. How does the audience know that Mr. Sankey and Mrs. Maurrant are having an affair?
3. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
4. What has happened to Mrs. Buchanan?
5. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
6. What does Willie want from his mother? Why does his mother give in?
7. How does the audience learn Mr. Filippo Fiorentino is Italian?
8. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
9. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
10. What does Mrs. Jones tell Mrs. Olsen?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)