|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mr. Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
2. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
(b) The poor.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) New Yorkers.
3. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(b) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(c) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(d) A violin case and sheet music.
4. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a bank.
(d) On stage.
5. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(b) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(c) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
(d) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie ask his mother for a dime?
2. Over what do they argue?
3. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
4. What does Mr. Maurrant do when Willie appears, crying?
5. What is the lighting on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose feel that no one should belong to anyone else?
2. What does Willie want from his mother? Why does his mother give in?
3. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles in the world?
4. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
5. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
6. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has tried to do?
7. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
8. What do the women think of Agnes Cushing?
9. How does Mrs. Maurrant react when Mrs. Jones tells her not to let her daughter get involved with a Jew? Why does everyone insist she not date a Jew?
10. How does the play end similarly to how it begins?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)