|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
(b) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
(c) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(d) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
2. Why does Miss Cushing enter the scene excitedly?
(a) She has not heard from her children in two days.
(b) She cannot find her wallet.
(c) She has won the lottery.
(d) She has just seen Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey together.
3. What is the audience able to see of this building?
(a) The first floor windows and the bottom of the second story. To the left there is a partial view of the attached building, a storage warehouse under heavy construction. The house to the right is being demolished.
(b) The first five floors of the highrise aparment, a sign for valet parking, and a large awning over the entrance.
(c) The front of this old Victorian home, lined with bushes and flowerbeds.
(d) A typical looking suburban home with toys lying around in the front yard.
4. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Throw them out.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Treat them to a movie.
(d) Give them up for adoption.
5. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
(b) Next week.
(c) In one month.
(d) In one week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
2. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
3. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
4. Why does the group begin to break up?
5. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
2. What has happened to Mrs. Buchanan?
3. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
4. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
5. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
6. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
7. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
8. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
9. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
10. How does Shirley sound like many teachers today?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)