|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
2. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Treat them to a movie.
(b) Give them up for adoption.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Throw them out.
3. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
(a) Mrs. G.
(b) Mrs. F.
(c) Miss Greta.
4. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
(a) Kissing on a bench.
(b) Dancing around, inebriated.
(c) Sitting on the stoop.
(d) Sitting on the curb.
5. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They come to America, trying to change things.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They do not speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
2. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
3. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
4. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
5. Where does this play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
2. What does Mr. Maurrant say to Rose?
3. Describe the set.
4. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
5. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
6. How does Mrs. Maurrant react when Mrs. Jones tells her not to let her daughter get involved with a Jew? Why does everyone insist she not date a Jew?
7. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
8. Why does Rose ask Sam how to act in a synagogue? What is surprising about Sam's response?
9. What happens after Mr. Maurrant talks to Rose?
10. What do the women think of Agnes Cushing?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)