|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Turn on the record player.
(b) Play the violin.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Dance in the sidewalk.
2. Why does Miss Cushing enter the scene excitedly?
(a) She has not heard from her children in two days.
(b) She cannot find her wallet.
(c) She has won the lottery.
(d) She has just seen Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey together.
3. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
(b) Mrs. F.
(c) Mrs. G.
(d) Miss Greta.
4. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(b) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
(c) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
(d) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
5. Over what do they argue?
(a) Who is considered a foreigner.
(b) The history of the United States.
(c) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(d) Where foreigners should live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
2. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
3. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
4. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
5. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
2. How does the audience know that Mr. Sankey and Mrs. Maurrant are having an affair?
3. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
4. How does Mrs. Jones continue to make racist remarks?
5. What marriage advice does Lippo give to Rose?
6. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
7. What do the women do after they invite Mrs. Maurrant to visit?
8. How does the play end similarly to how it begins?
9. What has happened to Mrs. Buchanan?
10. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)