|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) They are leaving to go to bed.
(b) They must go to work.
(c) They are tired of arguing.
(d) It is becoming too hot.
2. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
(a) They disparage Mrs. Maurrant's character, one of them calling her a whore.
(b) They wonder why Mr. Sankey is at the apartment.
(c) They discuss the quality of the milk he sells.
(d) They go back to their previous activities.
3. How does the scene end?
(a) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(b) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
(c) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
(d) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
4. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Play the violin.
(b) Dance in the sidewalk.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Turn on the record player.
5. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) To a Broadway show.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the concert in the park .
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. Where does this play begin?
4. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
5. Over what do they argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience know it is hot in this setting?
2. What has happened to Mrs. Buchanan?
3. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has tried to do?
5. What do the women say about their older daughters?
6. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
7. How does Shirley sound like many teachers today?
8. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
9. How does the audience learn Mr. Filippo Fiorentino is Italian?
10. Why does Rose ask Sam how to act in a synagogue? What is surprising about Sam's response?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)