|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
(a) The light is bothering her.
(b) The room is bright enough without it.
(c) It was increasing the temperature in their apartment.
(d) He is wasting electricity.
2. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(b) A violin case and sheet music.
(c) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(d) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
3. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
(b) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
(c) He is creepy and unreliable.
(d) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
4. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(b) They are both timid and shy.
(c) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
(d) They embrace one another passionately.
5. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
(a) Miss Greta.
(b) Mrs. F.
(d) Mrs. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the audience able to see of this building?
2. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
3. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
4. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
5. How do the ladies brush off Mr. Maurrant' mood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience learn Mr. Filippo Fiorentino is Italian?
2. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
3. What do the women say about their older daughters?
4. Describe Rose's exit.
5. What does Mr. Easter ask a police officer? What is the reply?
6. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
7. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles in the world?
8. What does Mr. Maurrant say to Rose?
9. What happens after Mr. Maurrant talks to Rose?
10. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)