|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(b) A violin case and sheet music.
(c) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(d) His violin and five ice cream cones.
2. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
(b) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
(c) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(d) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
3. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
(a) He enjoyed the music.
(b) He liked the type of music; it just was not played well.
(c) It was the best one he had ever been to.
(d) He did not like the type of music that was played.
4. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
(b) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
(c) If he has enough money to support Rose.
(d) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
5. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Mr. Kaplan.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. How do the ladies brush off Mr. Maurrant' mood?
4. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
5. How does Mr. Sankey look?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
2. How has Mr. Maurrant's mood worsened?
3. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
4. What is evidence that life goes on?
5. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
6. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
7. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
8. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has tried to do?
9. How is the audience's assumption about the weather verified?
10. How does the audience meet Shirley Kaplan?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)