|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(b) They go to their respective homes.
(c) They sit quietly and watch.
(d) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
2. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In a factory.
(c) On stage.
(d) In a hotel.
3. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
(a) The women on the stoop.
(b) Her elderly mother whom she takes care of.
(d) Her son.
4. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
(a) He is pacing the sidewalk.
(b) He is hugging Rose.
(c) He is sitting silently on the curb.
(d) He sits on the stoop sobbing and calls himself a coward.
5. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mr. Kaplan.
(c) Mr. Maurrant.
(d) Mr. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
2. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
3. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
2. How does this scene show that Mr. Buchanan is a good husband?
3. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
4. How does the audience meet Shirley Kaplan?
5. What do the women think of Agnes Cushing?
6. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
7. Why are the women so interested in Mr. Buchanan?
8. How does the audience know that Mr. Sankey and Mrs. Maurrant are having an affair?
9. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
10. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles in the world?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)