|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On stage.
(d) In a bank.
2. How do the ladies brush off Mr. Maurrant' mood?
(a) That is just the way he is.
(b) Mrs. Maurrant does not do her job.
(c) All men just want to get their way.
(d) He has a stressful job.
3. Where does this play begin?
(a) There is a walk up tenement style apartment located in a dodgy, dilapidated part of New York City, built in the 1890s.
(b) There is a large Victorian-style home with a wrap around porch and grassy fields in the background.
(c) It is a typical suburban home in New Jersey with children playing in the front yard and a swingset in the back.
(d) In a highrise apartment on the Upper Eastside of New York City.
4. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) What is wrong with the young man.
(b) If he is available.
(c) Why he seems to like Rose.
(d) Why he is not married.
5. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
(a) If he is suspicious of his wife's relationship with the milkman.
(b) If he really loves his wife and children.
(c) Why he is so grumpy all the time.
(d) If he enjoys his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
2. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
3. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
4. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
5. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the set.
2. What are Rose's plans for the future?
3. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
4. What does Mrs. Jones tell Mrs. Olsen?
5. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
6. How is it evident that Mr. Maurrant is not only a grouch but also not a good father?
7. Why are the women so interested in Mr. Buchanan?
8. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
9. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
10. What is evidence that life goes on?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)