|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) What is wrong with the young man.
(b) If he is available.
(c) Why he seems to like Rose.
(d) Why he is not married.
2. What does Mr. Maurrant do when Willie appears, crying?
(a) He spanks his son.
(b) He yells at both his wife and son.
(c) He leaves to go after whoever had hurt his son.
(d) He hugs his son.
3. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
(a) He pressures her into letting him upstairs and forces a kiss.
(b) He berates her for her behavior at work earlier that day.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He asks to see her mother.
4. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
(a) He goes to his apartment.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He recites a poem.
5. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
(a) Or the whole building will be gossiping about her.
(b) It is getting late.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) Her father will be upset to see them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
4. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
5. What is a constant throughout the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
3. Why does Rose feel that no one should belong to anyone else?
4. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
5. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
6. Why does Rose ask Sam how to act in a synagogue? What is surprising about Sam's response?
7. How does the audience know it is hot in this setting?
8. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
9. Why are the women so interested in Mr. Buchanan?
10. What marriage advice does Lippo give to Rose?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)