|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
2. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Play the violin.
(b) Turn on the record player.
(c) Dance in the sidewalk.
(d) Sing a song.
3. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) If he is available.
(b) Why he seems to like Rose.
(c) Why he is not married.
(d) What is wrong with the young man.
4. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(b) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
(c) They sit quietly and watch.
(d) They go to their respective homes.
5. Upon what do the other women agree?
(a) They love this neighborhood.
(b) Their older girls are never home.
(c) Their families are annoying.
(d) They want to move out of New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the country's heat wave caused?
2. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
3. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
4. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
5. What is the audience able to see of this building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
2. What do the women say about their older daughters?
3. What happens after Mr. Maurrant talks to Rose?
4. How has Mr. Maurrant's mood worsened?
5. What is evidence that life goes on?
6. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
7. Describe the set.
8. What do the women think of Agnes Cushing?
9. What does Mr. Easter ask a police officer? What is the reply?
10. What is a constant throughout the play? Why?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)