|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do they argue?
(a) Who is considered a foreigner.
(b) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(c) Where foreigners should live.
(d) The history of the United States.
2. What does Mrs. Jones tell the group about marriage?
(a) It is for better or worse and that if it does not turn out the way you expected than you just have to make do.
(b) Do not ever do it.
(c) You can always get divorced, if the marriage goes sour.
(d) It is something everyone should try, at least once.
3. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
(a) The building is on fire.
(b) He forgot to buy groceries.
(c) His wife is in labor.
(d) He is chasing after his wife.
4. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) The government.
(b) A bank.
(c) Child and family services.
(d) A charity.
5. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
(b) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(c) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
(d) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
2. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
3. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
4. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
5. How do the ladies brush off Mr. Maurrant' mood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
2. What does Mrs. Jones tell Mrs. Olsen?
3. Why does Alice Simpson berate Mrs. Hildebrand?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has tried to do?
5. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
6. What does Willie want from his mother? Why does his mother give in?
7. Why does Shirley get upset about Rose being friends with Sam?
8. What has happened to Mrs. Buchanan?
9. What are Sam's thoughts on God?
10. Why are the women so interested in Mr. Buchanan?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)