|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
(b) If he has enough money to support Rose.
(c) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
(d) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
2. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
(a) They discuss the quality of the milk he sells.
(b) They disparage Mrs. Maurrant's character, one of them calling her a whore.
(c) They wonder why Mr. Sankey is at the apartment.
(d) They go back to their previous activities.
3. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) A violin case and sheet music.
(b) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(c) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(d) His violin and five ice cream cones.
4. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(b) Walking into the apartment.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Sitting on the stoop crying.
5. How does the scene end?
(a) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(b) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
(c) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
(d) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
2. What is the audience able to see of this building?
3. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
4. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
5. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose ask Sam how to act in a synagogue? What is surprising about Sam's response?
2. What do the police allow Mr. Maurrant to do? Why might they allow this?
3. What are two nursemaids doing?
4. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
5. What does Mr. Maurrant say to Rose?
6. How does the audience meet Shirley Kaplan?
7. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
8. What does Rose say to cheer Sam up about the future?
9. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
10. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)