|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Throw them out.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Treat them to a movie.
2. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
(a) They ask where he is going.
(b) Everyone encourages him to join in.
(c) Everyone stops what they are doing.
(d) They continue as if he is not there.
3. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
(a) It was the best one he had ever been to.
(b) He liked the type of music; it just was not played well.
(c) He enjoyed the music.
(d) He did not like the type of music that was played.
4. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
5. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(b) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(c) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(d) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
2. What is the audience able to see of this building?
3. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
4. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
5. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience meet Shirley Kaplan?
2. What do the police allow Mr. Maurrant to do? Why might they allow this?
3. How do the others explain Mr. Maurrant's mood?
4. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
5. How does Shirley sound like many teachers today?
6. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
7. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has tried to do?
8. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
9. Why does Rose feel that no one should belong to anyone else?
10. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)