|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) Why he is not married.
(b) What is wrong with the young man.
(c) Why he seems to like Rose.
(d) If he is available.
2. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(b) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(c) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(d) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
3. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) A summer dress.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A flowered housecoat.
4. What is the lighting on the stage?
(a) The janitor's apartment windows are lit, as are those in the first floor. There is a red light coming from the demolition site.
(b) There is a bright light, reperesenting the sun.
(c) Streetlights run along stage left and stage right.
(d) The lights in the home are on.
5. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
(b) Her elderly mother whom she takes care of.
(c) The women on the stoop.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
2. What is a constant throughout the play?
3. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
4. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
5. Why does the group begin to break up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
2. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
3. What does Mrs. Jones tell Mrs. Olsen?
4. Describe the set.
5. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
6. What do the police allow Mr. Maurrant to do? Why might they allow this?
7. What character opens Act 2? What is he or she doing? What does this say about this character?
8. What does Mr. Easter ask a police officer? What is the reply?
9. What does Shirley tell Rose about her brother?
10. What happens after Mr. Maurrant talks to Rose?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)