|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
(a) Her family is to be evicted from their apartment that afternoon.
(b) Her family just got back from the movies.
(c) Her father has not returned.
(d) She is going to school with her brother.
2. What is a constant throughout the play?
(a) A subway car going by under ground.
(b) Bird calls.
(c) The sound of the wind.
(d) Noise: the noise of the city.
3. What happens when Sam tries to stop Mr. Maurrant?
(a) Sam trips.
(b) He dodges Sam.
(c) He yells at Sam.
(d) He pushes Sam aside.
4. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
(a) Wait for Mr. Maurrant to return.
(b) Leave or enter the building.
(c) Go into the Maurrant's apartment.
(d) Stay outside.
5. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
(a) To back away.
(b) To go back home.
(c) Mr. Maurrant is about to run out of the building.
(d) To get help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lighting on the stage?
2. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
3. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
4. Why is Rose surprised when Shirley tells her that it will be several years before Sam is ready to care for a family?
5. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)