|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They smell funny.
(b) They do not speak English.
(c) They come to America, trying to change things.
(d) They are rude.
2. For what does Sam not want to be responsible?
(a) Sending a man to prison.
(b) Sending a man to the electric chair.
(c) Taking care of Rose and Willie.
(d) Mrs. Maurrant's death.
3. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Play the violin.
(c) Turn on the record player.
(d) Dance in the sidewalk.
4. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
(a) Her elderly mother whom she takes care of.
(b) The women on the stoop.
(d) Her son.
5. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
(a) She does not believe Rose.
(b) She does not trust Rose.
(c) She misinterprets it as Sam and Rose both feeling sorry for her.
(d) She thinks Rose is trying to embarrass her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the country's heat wave caused?
2. Where does Mrs. Jones think Rose could be?
3. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
4. What do Lippo and Mr. Kaplan discuss?
5. Why does the group begin to break up?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)