|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(b) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
(c) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(d) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
2. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
(a) They wonder why Mr. Sankey is at the apartment.
(b) They discuss the quality of the milk he sells.
(c) They go back to their previous activities.
(d) They disparage Mrs. Maurrant's character, one of them calling her a whore.
3. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
(b) Her elderly mother whom she takes care of.
(c) The women on the stoop.
(d) Her son.
4. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
(a) He goes to his apartment.
(b) He recites a poem.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He kisses her.
5. Over what do they argue?
(a) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(b) Where foreigners should live.
(c) The history of the United States.
(d) Who is considered a foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
2. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
3. How does Shirley hurt Rose's feelings?
4. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
5. According to Shirley, what is made more difficult by the heat?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)