1. Which choice best illustrates the setting of the book?
New York City on a cold and windy day in November of 1944.
2. Which character is the first to be introduced?
3. Which literary element does the author use to give the wind its power?
4. As the story begins, what is Lutie looking at?
An apartment for rent.
5. Where do Lutie and Bub currently live?
With Lutie's father and his girlfriend, Lil.
6. Why is Lutie so adamant about moving?
Lutie wants to get Bub away from Lil who drinks and smokes.
This section contains 7,993 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)